• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Surprisingly, there are some KH references here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
And with that vulgar insult, I think I'm done. None of you here have even been able to prove your points at all, and even argue the points at hand. So sad. I have a thing called RL to worry about instead of just arguing on the internet about a video game. Everyone knows there's no conclusion and that the attacks and limit breaks of the characters are all up to interpretation. But whatever. I'm gonna go live my life like an adult.

This thread was undeniable proof that we totally owned you lamers.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Is there a reason why that statement was ignored/skipped? I actually thought that statement of mine addressed the issue we're currently having right now. Was that not sufficient for you? What exactly do you want me to do? Were you actually expecting me to keep on looking until I find that one thing that'll prove your point in this debate?

http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/index.php?showtopic=644&view=findpost&p=5519951

I like this game. Is fun.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Because it doesn't make it more credible. It'd look like a politician's website providing you links to their supporters' websites.

Providing a site to tell people to go to for further investigation into something they don't understand doesn't sound like a way to appease their concerns if they have them. To a concerned mind, that's going to sound like guiding them in a biased direction.

I'm getting a little frustrated at having to defend myself on this.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/index.php?showtopic=644&view=findpost&p=5522940

Now you're Tres-ing

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I definitely found Cloud's limit as lame as possible....well, of course starry night and a shooting star at the end was supposed to be awesome.

I felt sorry for poor little Sephiroth...he was trying to impress Cloud and all he cared was him being famous and in a newspaper >:l

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I generally feel like Cloud's limits in the English game means that while he performs Omnislash, Nomura or Nojima aren't there to say "oh yes, we totally mean for it to be Omnislash. This makes it sort of hard to say that it's definite proof for Omnislash existing in FFVII because we already know that Americans feel it is Omnislash, we just don't know what the Japanese people feel about it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I generally feel like Cloud's limits in the English game means that while he performs Omnislash, Nomura or Nojima aren't there to say "oh yes, we totally mean for it to be Omnislash. This makes it sort of hard to say that it's definite proof for Omnislash existing in FFVII because we already know that Americans feel it is Omnislash, we just don't know what the Japanese people feel about it.

You're better at this than I am :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If you could get off the trolling for a moment, is it really Omnislash in the Japanese version of KH?
Hito?
Questions like that can only be answered with macros.

:ondore:

This thread was undeniable proof that we totally owned you lamers.
youchi.jpg

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Hey guys... Why the Dissidia forum is in the "Compilation of FFVII" section?

And the next time I'm bored, can I start trolling the forums like our Moderator friend, Mako, is doing now?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Categorically, NO. Mako taking the piss is not the same as trolling. We all know he's just taking the piss, for one, and his actions are not disruptive to the forum as a whole.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Hell, Sora is probably Nomura's best character design to date.
I dare to object - the character designs in The World Ends With You *waits for groans to subside* are pretty much awesome, and use a similar style to the KH artwork. http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_the-world-ends-with-you_a.html
Going by the fact KH was the first franchise by SE to introduce the whole "balance of light and dark" plot device, it's not an unreasonable assumption to think so. Factually, KH was the first to do it.
...And FFIII...? :P
Mako, FF3. You need to incorporate its existence in your nonsense, since KH definitely didn't start the idea.
Oh... damn you. Foiled again.
FFIII's concept of light and darkness isn't anything like KH's. The Cloud of Darkness is clearly trying to flood the world with Darkness because darkness is evil and she's the embodiment of evil that appears cause of Xande's desire to live forever. The light is the only thing that's able to defeat her. Hence why the Warriors of Light were the only ones able to scratch her.
Umm, OK, I only have the DS version to go on here, so bear with me if anything disagrees with the original: the Cloud of Darkness is striking out against the light because the light has become too pervasive.

It also states that one thousand years prior, a Cloud of Light almost engulfed the land, which had to be beaten by Warriors of Darkness. It's these same Warriors of Darkness who lend their strength to the Warriors of Light so that they can do more than merely "scratch" CoD. :P
It seems there are some people here who actually forgot the fact that the balance between Light and Darkness is an important plot point of FFIII.
An example, is the Dark Warriors joining the Warriors of Light to beat the CoD.
...Damn it, people, stop making points before I can post them myself! :P

One final point on Ehrgeiz and its canonity: the Ehrgeiz manual states Vincent did die thirty years ago, something that was never made clear in FFVII. Dirge of Cerberus confirms this. The rest of Ehrgeiz is pretty much a continuity nightmare, considering you have Zack and Cloud both carrying the Buster Sword. But hell, you're dealing with another dimension, some time dilation effects may occur.

Manti tired now. Manti sleep now.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If the plot of KH crossed the plot of Dissidia that would be really, really messed up. I don't even know how that would begin to make sense. :/

Sora: Oh hey Cloud!
Cloud: Do I know you?

Sora: Oh hey, Leon!
Squall: Who?

And so on and so forth. lol

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
:lol: Thanks for sharing that, Glaurung.

In all seriousness, though, I think they'd simply retcon them out. Hell, there's so much about the FF characters' backstories that they edited out to make Dissidia's storyline flow simpler.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
:lol: Thanks for sharing that, Glaurung.

In all seriousness, though, I think they'd simply retcon them out. Hell, there's so much about the FF characters' backstories that they edited out to make Dissidia's storyline flow simpler.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Huh? What are you talking about?
Well, some parts of the characterisation in Dissidia don't really match well with the game - unless, of course, Cosmos and Chaos pulled their champions from different parts of their respective timeline.

For an example, Zidane more-or-less goes through the same angst in his Odessey as he does towards the end of disc 3 on FFIX, suggesting its prior to that. However, Kuja's attitude - and his Trance ability - suggests he was taken from some point in disc 4.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, some parts of the characterisation in Dissidia don't really match well with the game - unless, of course, Cosmos and Chaos pulled their champions from different parts of their respective timeline.

For an example, Zidane more-or-less goes through the same angst in his Odessey as he does towards the end of disc 3 on FFIX, suggesting its prior to that. However, Kuja's attitude - and his Trance ability - suggests he was taken from some point in disc 4.

That doesn't mean anything....he just was confronted with the same problem and scenario he faced before in his original game. Naturally, he'd react the same way. I'm not seeing how that doesn't match at all, since the characters are taken after each of their respective stories, or at least the end of them.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
In my experience though (both personal and what I've seen in other people), people rarely react to the same situation in the same way twice. They usually carry over the experience of the first time - and anything they learnt from it - with them, and react differently.

Also, Terra seems to go through a similar arc in Dissidia as she did in VI. Unless they were all hit with amnesia when they were "recruited", this seems a little odd. Especially as Cloud acts less like he did in VII and more like he did in AC.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well Zidane didn't act the exact same way from FFIX either, so :monster:

Also, Terra seems to go through a similar arc in Dissidia as she did in VI. Unless they were all hit with amnesia when they were "recruited", this seems a little odd. Especially as Cloud acts less like he did in VII and more like he did in AC.

Terra did get her memory wiped, remember?

And yeah, Cloud acts more like his AC persona, because he's close to the time AC would begin. It's post FFVII.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Well Zidane didn't act the exact same way from FFIX either, so :monster:

Terra did get her memory wiped, remember?

And yeah, Cloud acts more like his AC persona, because he's close to the time AC would begin. It's post FFVII.
Well, that's true. He snapped out of the wangst easier.

Is this info in the Ultimania or something? If so, SE suck for not making such things clearer in the actual game itself. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom