• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Synopsis of History of Deepground

siberian74

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Another few pieces added. Again, new pieces in yellow for all to see. Mainly includes info on Deepground's layout and Argento.

EDIT: named Weiss' gunblades because forgot to do it earlier.

All that remains now is Azul's part and a small section on Genesis and Weiss's plot

IF ANYONE CAN THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE THAT NEEDS ADDED, OR NEEDS CLARIFICATION, LET ME KNOW.

/QUOTE]

Hello there,

Thank you so much for such comprehensive info on Deepground, Tsviets and of Weiss as well. I have tried to post some questions regarding Weiss' "death" here in this forum but I think it was lost somewhere. Anyway I would be grateful if you could enlighten me about a few things regarding Weiss' death.:huh:

Question #1: Why did Weiss continue to summon Omega?

From what I understood after watching the cutscene “Weiss’ Last Breath” from Youtube, summoning Omega was Hojo’s idea all along and not of Weiss’. Yet after Nero merges with his older brother, it seems Weiss still carries out Hojo’s plan of destroying Gaia through Omega. Or is that a different Weiss/Entity that Vincent (in Chaos form) had fought and killed?

Question #2: Is Weiss really dead or not?

This is very confusing for me, Vincent and Yuffie saw Weiss’ lifeless body on his throne room; yet there is this televised broadcast of a Hojo-possessed Weiss that Vincent and Reeve saw beforehand. Then Nero was supposedly taking orders from Weiss, so I assume Weiss is alive but only mind possessed by Hojo during the game’s timeline. Did he die really from the virus then?

Another thing, Weiss appeared to be dead after Vincent defeated him, but when Nero appeared and talked to his older brother, though weak, it seems Weiss had been “cured” of the virus. Does it mean that by controlling Weiss’ body, Hojo managed to override the fatal effect of Weiss’ time-controlled virus?

Thanks, if this post is not appropriate for this thread, please let me know so I'll delete it. :joy:

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
The synopsis is complete. Hope you all enjoy it. I think this will be getting front paged anyway. Again, anything I've missed, let me know. The aim is to get as full a picture as possible.

Depending on how I feel in the future, I might actually continue the synopsis to make it even longer and give the full story of DG (ie include the events of DC online and then DC). There are still a number of things that could possibly be added due to their relevance to the overall history of DG such as (to name but a few)

- Hojo's history with Project Jenova, his role in Hollander's demotion and eventual resentment causing the whole Genesis desertion, his experiments on Vincent as a possible precursor to the Metamorphose Project, any role he had with regards to DG's experiments and obviously his involvement in DC.
- Hollander's role in Project G and desertion
- Shinra Executives affected by DG (ie SOLDIER, Science, Weapons, etc) and the transfer of this knowledge
- Officer East (North/South/West)'s role and his previous involvement with Ragnarok
- Meteorfall and Geostigma
- Weiss' eventual rise to power and the events that led to DoC

If anyone has any other ideas or feedback, please do share.

Smaddy

Green Mage
Thank you for completing this. I'd love to see anything more, especially:

- Hojo's history with Project Jenova, his role in Hollander's demotion and eventual resentment causing the whole Genesis desertion, his experiments on Vincent as a possible precursor to the Metamorphose Project, any role he had with regards to DG's experiments and obviously his involvement in DC.
and
- Meteorfall and Geostigma

siberian74

Lv. 1 Adventurer
[FONT=&quot]Hello there,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks so much for sharing this very helpful information not only of the Final Fantasy VII world but most especially of Deepground as well. It goes to say that my among favorite character that I’m fascinated with is Weiss. For me his almost a Sephiroth like persona, yet unlike Sephiroth he still remained sane for most part despite the horrible place he was in. From those information you shared, its clearly states that Deepground and Dirge of Cerberus storyline had its depth, unfortunately most where lost for the gamers outside of Japan. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If only SE had also made the Deepground story more clear for non-japanese fans, then DOC (despite its flawed game controls) would surely made an impact, story-wise and character wise.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I do hope the next FFVII compilation will focus on Genesis re-awakening and Weiss status. From watching that cutscene it seems Weiss was lifeless but with Genesis picking him up and fly off with him, means there are more to come. Will Weiss turn up into a vessel/host again? I would have to wait for that one. I also hope that there would be a duel of sorts between Sephiroth vs. Weiss and see who really is the strongest.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On an added note, I would like to know the following:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Shinra Executives affected by DG (ie SOLDIER, Science, Weapons, etc) and the transfer of this knowledge[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Weiss' eventual rise to power and the events that led to DoC[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks. [/FONT]

siberian74

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Thank you for sharing for these infos, especially regarding Deepground and Weiss. Anyway I would really love to know next the following:

- Shinra Executives affected by DG (ie SOLDIER, Science, Weapons, etc) and the transfer of this knowledge
- Officer East (North/South/West)'s role and his previous involvement with Ragnarok- - Weiss' eventual rise to power and the events that led to DoC

mollymillions

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Very good synopsis.

For me, the more about Nero, the better. :D Beyond that, all other ideas have already been listed.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
I think writing any more on this is something that will take place further down the line. For the time being, i'd like to focus on my novel (the link for which is in my sig for anyone interested). Mako says he's hoping to get this frontpaged asap so hopefully we can expect it in the near future. I've also sent him some rare and exclusive images to add to the document which may be of further interest to readers.

In addition, it has been brought to my attention by readingchick from LiveJournal that Shelke was indeed kidnapped by the Turks. I knew this to be true but forgot where confirmation of it could be found (BC ep21 incidentally) and had thus omitted it from the final article. It has now been added in. Thank you to readingchick

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
Bravo, sir, bravo. I've wanted a detailed synopsis of the history of Deepground since I played through Dirge three years ago. I just have one question, seeing as how the experiments in Deepground began as a way to expand on the Jenova project and the strength addition given by Jenova cells + mako, does that mean all DG SOLDIERs other than Weiss, and presumably Azul and Shelke since they arrived later, have Jenova cells within them?

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
That's what I thought, I was just kind of confused by lines in this shorter version like the Jenova project led to Rosso's engineering and the scientists being amazed that Weiss was made strong by just mako rather than mako and Jenova cells, but the front page version is more clear. Thanks for the link.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
It is never explicitly stated anywhere, but I think Weiss' ability is that he can mimic those around him. It would explain his great strength without Jenova.

Interesting enough, this is not the first time we see an ability like that. After all, Zack was able to mimic the ability(Limit Breaks) of other people.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I think that may be more of a nod to Zack's freakishly high aptitude for fighting more than anything. "I'm so good at what I do I can watch other people and do the same thing!" This happens in real life too, with dancers who can watch a dance on TV or something exactly once and imitate it perfectly and such.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I think that may be more of a nod to Zack's freakishly high aptitude for fighting more than anything. "I'm so good at what I do I can watch other people and do the same thing!" This happens in real life too, with dancers who can watch a dance on TV or something exactly once and imitate it perfectly and such.

Perhaps. But I had the impression it was something more, giving the fact he was able to use Genesis' magic and even Aerith's cure spell.

TJF588

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Maybe it's more of a Social Links setup a la the latter Persona games, where the connection with that person brings forth abilities. That, or his brain's weird.

Anyway, but confused on order of events of Nero and Weiss. Nero was mentioned first, and then Weiss was mentioned as being older, so it threw me off. Also, a list of characters' timelines of alterations would be appreciated, including pre-birth procedures and births & 'deaths'.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Wow, just... wow. I think this has just blown my brain away.

Thanks for all this info, S and G. This will be helpful in writing my future fanfics. Especially a divergent causality one that I'm writing with the Tsviets in...

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Maybe it's more of a Social Links setup a la the latter Persona games, where the connection with that person brings forth abilities. That, or his brain's weird.

Anyway, but confused on order of events of Nero and Weiss. Nero was mentioned first, and then Weiss was mentioned as being older, so it threw me off. Also, a list of characters' timelines of alterations would be appreciated, including pre-birth procedures and births & 'deaths'.

Weiss is the older biological brother of Nero. That much was given from the original DC. The synopsis itself is not an exact timeline, although i did try to keep it in as linear as possible. Unfortunately, there are no specific dates given for when each Tsviet achieved their powers or rank in the Tsviets. The timeline is based on the facts. At the time of DC, Nero is 23, Rosso is 25, Azul is 32 and Shelke is 19. These are all given from the character factfiles. Weiss and Argento's exact ages are unknown. Beyond that, any information that is known is in the synopsis so your guess is as good as mine regarding the rest.

Wow, just... wow. I think this has just blown my brain away.

Thanks for all this info, S and G. This will be helpful in writing my future fanfics. Especially a divergent causality one that I'm writing with the Tsviets in...

You're very welcome. All the info was out there, I just think it was about time it was all collected in one place. Best of luck with your fanfics. Also, if you're interested in Before Crisis, check out my summaries either on the front page or in the forums. Some pretty rare stuff in there too.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Just feel the need to say again that you kick ass, S and G. You've really done amazing work with all your summaries.

Cheers SoD. I always appreciate feedback from my work. It's only fair that I share with everyone what I have learned. It was people sharing that helped me in the first place so credit goes to them. I'm just glad I've been able to help lots of people.

siberian74

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Cheers SoD. I always appreciate feedback from my work. It's only fair that I share with everyone what I have learned. It was people sharing that helped me in the first place so credit goes to them. I'm just glad I've been able to help lots of people.

You bet, this post of yours was really a great help, I will always be grateful for these infos you shared. Now I fully understand my favorite characters: Sephiroth, Weiss and Vincent in depth; and their impact on the FFVII world. :joy:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
You're very welcome. All the info was out there, I just think it was about time it was all collected in one place. Best of luck with your fanfics. Also, if you're interested in Before Crisis, check out my summaries either on the front page or in the forums. Some pretty rare stuff in there too.
Hmm, I believe I'll do that. I've got some questions regarding the Turks and their power structure...

One quick question: what is Shelke's biological age (i.e., the age her body stopped aging)? I remember hearing shortly before the release of DC it was 14, but everything since then says 9. Which seems strange to me, as she's only half a foot shorter than Yuffie.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Again, unfortunately there is no official age. Shelke was kidnapped by the Turks when she was 9 and DC occurs ten years later. It is stated that it was continuous experiments and extreme exposure to Mako that stunted her physical growth, but there is no exact age at which her growth reached optimal point during exposure. As with much of the sage, it is open to interpretation. My personal guess would be somewhere between 12 and 14 but that should in no way be taken as fact.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Ah, seems right. :lol: Yeah, that's what I would guess too... thanks for the reply.

SammyD

That Crazy Chick :)
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to clear things up!
Argento had always been a mystery to me but seeing as how she's not a Tsviet
it makes sense as to why she wouldn't have been
thought important enough to be in DoC.

The thing that makes the least sense to me is the Restrictors' fate after the coup.
What happened to them after the leader was killed?
Wouldn't the Tsviets have thought that another Restrictor would eventually
replace the one they killed when they learned he was dead?

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
The thing that makes the least sense to me is the Restrictors' fate after the coup.
What happened to them after the leader was killed?
Wouldn't the Tsviets have thought that another Restrictor would eventually
replace the one they killed when they learned he was dead?

Jeez, it's been a while since this subject was touched upon.

If you know the story of the DC Online mode, you will be aware that the player is basically an individual being manipulated by the Tsviets to work their way through the ranks and displace the Restrictor that oversees the zone in which they reside. The idea behind it is that (for replay value or otherwise) the Tsviets' plan is to secretly defeat and replace the Restrictors one by one with the player characters. The Restrictor that dies in the cut scenes you can see online is not necessarily the final/leading Restrictor. The final defeat of the Restrictors is something left open to the imagination at this time.

Top Bottom