The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, but the two aren't really comparable. Infertility is an aspect of Bruce's problem, but the bigger issue is that if he retires to a farmhouse, sooner or later he will wake up in a giant crater having destroyed everything within five miles, probably including any kids he did have, if he could have them. If that happens to Black Widow, she didn't do it by accident.
That isn't the point. The point is their self-perceptions of themselves as something monstrous, both incapable and undeserving of a good, ordinary life.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
i always felt whedon was one of those dudes who means super well, but kind trips and falls face first sometimes. death threats seem unnecessarily mean tho.

i hope mark ruffalo is still safe because i luv him.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
My buddy described it quite well when we discussed this today. For Black Widow, the process of being turned into an ruthless assassin whose ledger was dripping with red, (as Loki described it) i.e. being made into a monster ALSO took away the part of her humanity that gives her the chance of having a normal family life with kids -- just like the gamma radiation making Banner into the Hulk (a monster) took that same opportunity away from him.

Not having that doesn't make them monsters, but LOSING it to that process makes them both FEEL more like monsters because it made them notice another way that they were each even less like everyone else when they weren't BEING a monster.

He also mentioned a few other important points along those lines:
• Everyone else on the team but Banner is a fighter, which is what drew their relationship together, and it's probably because that's what she wants for herself, and why they talk about running away from it all. (Good point for people who didn't get their chemistry).
• It was Hulk and not Banner that decided to remove himself from the team when he was on the jet.
• We don't know what Scarlet Witch's vision showed him, and that's the only character that that's true for.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Spoiler interview with Joss Whedon:
https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazi...-spoiler-podcast-joss-whedon-and-paul-bettany

Or if you want the tl;dr summary:
http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/118167229606/joss-whedon-talks-about-deleted-scenes-and

I find the bit about the changed scene with Hulk at the end interesting because they knew people would think Planet Hulk and wanted to avoid it and yet you still see quite a few people that assumed that's what the scene was about (even though the jet is not space-capable and Fury even says the thing crash-landed somewhere)

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Test audiences SUCK. They're the reason we got the shitty ending to I Am Legend that totally destroyed the whole point of the film, and now apparently
why the scene in the Reflection Pool wasn't nearly as good or as well-constructed as it should've been.
UGH.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
What a waste for
quicksilver's death He's like a One shot character that never got the chance to shine.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Honestly
Quicksilver's better off being in the X-Men-verse. He wasn't bad here and I enjoyed his character, but there's no way they came close to the Days of Future Past version of him. I'd rather see Wanda stay with the MCU and Quicksilver & Polaris be free for X-Men.

Wheadon said:
Every breed of feminism is attacking every other breed, and every sub-section of liberalism is always busy attacking another sub-section of liberalism, because god forbid they should all band together and actually fight for the cause.

Exactly why I wonder why anyone even bothers paying any attention to this kindof stuff on the net. Everyone just bitches at everyone else because they have a slightly different viewpoint, as if bitching about something will do anything besides show that you care enough about something to bitch.
It's fucking irritating.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I just watched it with my parents, :monster:. As a general non-spoiler review / opinion, also taking my parents' views (and age?) into consideration, the Avengers and the whole Marvel universe movies have become a bit... convoluted? idk; A lot of the dialog and characters are in direct relation to previous movies, and if you don't remember them properly you're missing a lot. Second, the movie is rather crammed, with a lot of direct and indirect storylines crossing each other constantly.

Personally, I think
Vision didn't get nearly as much character building as he should have - I mean, I think I sorta get that he's an android with a magical~ stone ins his head, but who is he? Is he Ultron 2.0? Jarvis? Some Ultron/Jarvis/Mind-stone (?) hybrid? Plus... what does he even do besides fly and shoot rays from his forehead? What is he? Either he was given too little screen time to be a proper origin story, or it's assumed the audience already knows all about him from the comic books. Also, he gets one or two minutes of screen time after he emerges, and then he's just one of the guys - without any major influence or personality in the story after that. IDGI.

Edit: I googled around, I'll assume his character will get fleshed out much moar in Civil War. Still though, it's... daring? movie-making to have a character underdeveloped after his first appearance.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm curious what bits of dialogue you felt you missed out on from reference to precious films.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeaee2a32c2df03cac793d08d36a.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yup. You can thank typing on a phone while half asleep for making previous into precious.

:bigawesomonster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I know Avengers is a precious film, sir. Civil War going to be even more so. I think they're leaving some open-ended shit here so they can continue on and conclude it at Civil War, what saddens me is they won't be able to conclude Captain America's arc with Bucky.

Top Bottom