The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So we're gonna fucking time travel, yes?

Considering that the suits look suspiciously similar to the concept art that wasn't used for Hank's quantum realm suit in Ant-Man & The Wasp, I'd say is very likely. I wonder what their plan would be,
there's that leaked image on set of the group at the battle of NY with Scott there too. Maybe they're trying to take the space stone, maybe there's something else they have to change.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Please don't tell me I have to watch Ant-man movies to understand what's gonna happen in this?

I'd really prefer if it wasn't just a time travel thing. That's such a lazy plot device. But then again, I managed to suspend disbelief for Thanos' really dumb motivation in Infinity War, so I'll probably cope! All of the movies the Russos have made have been pretty damn good, so I'm sure they won't disappoint.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
As some of the commenters point out, you can hear someone whisper something at 0:49 of the trailer.

Interesting. Does that make more sense if you've seen Captain Marvel?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm confident the movie will be good, but it certainly does feel like initial reactions are always overwhelmingly positive, lol

Also interesting that Natalie Portman was at the premiere. Do you think she's actually in this one? Or do they just invite everyone that ever had something to do with the MCU?

Last edited:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
You probably can't know much from initial reactions. Those are from a fairly select group of people whose opinions don't always match the general public.

I have high hopes though, given that every marvel movie by the Russos has been excellent. The only non-Russos marvel movie that I really loved was Thor Ragnarok. Winter Soldier and Infinity War have been the best for me by far.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Just got home from Endgame, it very awesome and very stupid! 5/5 stars!

Just saw it. That's a pretty accurate description.

Some really epic moments. And a whole lot of silly nonsense too. Although the single best part of the movie was both epic and silly at the same time. I'm referring to the Captain America 'moment' in the final battle. Which didn't really make much sense but was still really cool to watch.

You REALLY need to have watched a lot of earlier marvel films to watch this though. I watched with someone who'd seen almost nothing except the Avengers films and they just didn't enjoy at all because so many things made no sense.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
So can someone explain to me how.....

Cap was able to use Thor's lightning? I get that he can use the hammer if he's worthy (although god knows why he's more worthy now than he was in Age of Ultron)
But the lightning is supposed to come from Thor, not the hammer. It even says that in Thor Ragnarok. Odin says the hammer is just a way of focusing his power, but it's not the source of his power. Which obviously must be true, given that he still had the lightning after the hammer was destroyed.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So can someone explain to me how.....

Cap was able to use Thor's lightning? I get that he can use the hammer if he's worthy (although god knows why he's more worthy now than he was in Age of Ultron)
But the lightning is supposed to come from Thor, not the hammer. It even says that in Thor Ragnarok. Odin says the hammer is just a way of focusing his power, but it's not the source of his power. Which obviously must be true, given that he still had the lightning after the hammer was destroyed.

“Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
“Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

That was only relating to the first film when Odin removed his powers. If that was true in general, he would've become less powerful without the hammer. Which he didn't. If anything he became more powerful.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That was only relating to the first film when Odin removed his powers.

The spell has never been lifted after the first movie, hence the worthiness part still being a requirement. Hence the "shall posssess the power of Thor" part also being true.

If that was true in general, he would've become less powerful without the hammer. Which he didn't. If anything he became more powerful.

The hammer is not the source of his powers yeah, but the spell Odin cast makes it so you can use them if you are worthy to wield it. That's all there's to it. Magic.
He said "the power of Thor" not "the power of hammers" so that's what you get to do :monster:

Ghost X

Good movie. Nothing happened as I thought it would. Not sure how I'd rate it. Better than your average Marvel film though... mebbe 4/5 stars.

Top Bottom