The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
The spell has never been lifted after the first movie, hence the worthiness part still being a requirement. Hence the "shall posssess the power of Thor" part also being true.

I guess that vaguely works. Although requiring you to remember (and have seen) the first Thor film is a bit dodgy. That was before the MCU really became that popular. A lot won't have seen it at all.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Okay so, normally people are pretty chill in German theaters but here people clapped and cheered several times. The hype was at peak levels.

The moments I remember:

- Cap "Hail Hydra"ing his way out of the elevator
- The snapped heroes returning to the final battle. Extra applause for Spidey.
- "Avengers...assemble."
- Cap grabbing Mjölnir
- Captain Marvels return and fucking up Thanos' ship
- some minor cheering for her no-selling his headbutt
- Endcredits

Also, pindrop silence for "I am...Iron Man" and Tony's death scene. I heard some sobbing here and there during the funeral scene.
I seem to not be the only one who didn't get who that teenager looking dude was, not realizing it was the kid from Iron Man 3. :P

Some more thoughts:
I'm impressed Fat Thor stuck around until the end. I thought he'd Shazam! the fat out of him for the final battle or something but nope, dude's gonna have to work out to get back in shape like anyone else. :P
Wonder if that means he's gonna be in GotG3? Because more wacky space adventures with him after Ragnarok are welcome.

Also, Loki just nope-ing out of NY with the Tesseract...that never came up again. I assume he went to Disney+? :P

I didn't expect Black Widow to die in this what with her getting a movie. I assume it's gonna be a prequel then (but maybe this was known already?)

That teamup shot of all the female heroes...CHILLS. Some might say it was too on the nose but fuck it, it was great!

Also, the original six Avengers getting special credits with the actors' signatures was a nice touch. Reminds me of the Star Trek VI credits. :P

Even now I'm still kind of buzzing from this movie. Having watched every piece of content from the MCU this was a very rewarding and satisfying experience. I'm sad it's over because the buildup to this won't be topped for a long time.

edit: I forgot, Jarvis from Agent Carter cameo'd in this! Literally the first time *anything* from any of the tv series carried over into one of the movies, haha.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's amusing to me how few of us have commented on the movie so far. I guess it left us with a lot to process. :wacky:

On a related note, IGN got the reactions of Jim Starlin -- creator of Thanos, Gamora and Drax (as well as one of the movie's many awesome guest cameos!):

Oh, and have a fantastic article about Nebula (more major spoilers, ahoy!).

edit: I forgot, Jarvis from Agent Carter cameo'd in this! Literally the first time *anything* from any of the tv series carried over into one of the movies, haha.
I was so stoked to see this. Finally, the unending question is answered.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Okay, just saw it. It is as excellent as everyone said. Just...fantastic send-off, really really really well done. It never went in the direction I thought it was going to go at any given moment. Constantly kept me guessing, and was super intense (my head kinda hurts from clenching, I think), while still being enjoyable and charming. What a capstone.

And just a quick aside:

I get that he can use the hammer if he's worthy (although god knows why he's more worthy now than he was in Age of Ultron)

I believe the implication is that he could always have lifted it, and chose not to once he realized he could in Age of Ultron. This is why Thor yells "I knew it!"

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I believe the implication is that he could always have lifted it, and chose not to once he realized he could in Age of Ultron. This is why Thor yells "I knew it!"

I interpreted that as more along the lines of- He was nearly worthy in Age of Ultron, but his accomplishments since then have made him proper worthy. So Thor would be saying "I knew it" to mean "I knew you'd manage that sooner or later"

Endgame has been watched.

The movie's depiction of depression in the first act was beautiful. This may be the most humanizing section of any of the Marvel movies. It felt real and immensely relatable. For this first act it almost felt like the movie was taking place in our world.

EDIT: Not important but every time I see Thanos I see James Hetfield.
I KNOW he is Josh Brolin, but my mind continuously morphs Thanos's face into that of the lead singer of Metallica.

Last edited:

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I see people argue about these few things
How come Cap end up so old after he went back to 1940s? Doesn't he have the supersoldier blood thing so he ages much more slowly than normal people?
How many captain america were there in the past, after this one went back in time?
Is captain America Peggy's husband, who has never been revealed in the whole series?
Where does old Cap's shield come from at the end? His original shield is broken by Thanos

and also I found it super amusing from an exclusive interview Russo brothers said
Q: if that rat didnt hit the button on Scott's machine, then Avengers 4 won't happen? Don't you think that is too big a coincidence?

Russo: yes, that rat saved the universe. It is a huge coincidence, that is why Strange only see 1 this possibility out of 14,000,000. In other possibilities he see, that rat didnt push the button so things were different.

No wonder. After all, Disney bought Marvel :mightyshield:

I can't tell if he loves how entrenched in it's own movies it is, or if he hates it. He only uses neutral words like "absurd", or "audacious". Those can be good or bad based on the circumstances.

Feels like a pretty hollow article to me. Outside of saying this kind of thing wont be done again, doesnt actually say much. Just worded so that you can take it as loving or hating it, and comment below to tell him what's what, or agree.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How come Cap end up so old after he went back to 1940s? Doesn't he have the supersoldier blood thing so he ages much more slowly than normal people?

I did wonder this, but not having experience with comics, I have no idea whether he actually should age more slowly or not.

How many captain america were there in the past, after this one went back in time?

Two, but only in the split timeline he created by going back.

Is captain America Peggy's husband, who has never been revealed in the whole series?

No, given the split timeline thing.

Where does old Cap's shield come from at the end? His original shield is broken by Thanos

Tbh, I couldn't care less :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
No, given the split timeline thing.
Assuming he grew old in the same timeline/reality he left from, though -- the reasonable conclusion since that's where we see him next -- he didn't cause a split by staying in the past. He "always" goes back to that time. So he almost certainly was always Peggy's husband.

Force said:
Tbh, I couldn't care less :monster:
Agreed. It was probably simple enough, though, with the Time Stone -- a la Thanos rewinding time for just Vision when Wanda blew him up.

Steve would have been making prolific use of time rewinds anyway to correct the many reality splits the Avengers caused to acquire the Stones.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Assuming he grew old in the same timeline/reality he left from, though -- the reasonable conclusion since that's where we see him next -- he didn't cause a split by staying in the past. He "always" goes back to that time. So he almost certainly was always Peggy's husband.

I don't think he did grow old in the same timeline he left from. He just used his device to jump back to the prime timeline once he had lived his life with her. As they state in the movie, every time they jump back they create a new timeline, so he just lived in that one.

I don't think he repaired any of the time splits. He just returned the stones to those new timelines so as not to screw over those lines.

I saw this diagram the other day, I don't know who made it or I would give credit:
timeline.png

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I don't think he did grow old in the same timeline he left from. He just used his device to jump back to the prime timeline once he had lived his life with her. As they state in the movie, every time they jump back they create a new timeline, so he just lived in that one.

I don't think he repaired any of the time splits. He just returned the stones to those new timelines so as not to screw over those lines.

Yeah, that's the canon explanation from the directors.

Steve lived in an alternate timeline and jumped back to the prime one to pass on the shield.
Kinda raises the question why he didn't arrive at the platform instead of already sitting on that bench, but I guess that's just rule of drama.

Top Bottom