Someone mentioned that because of the scenes that are missing that it might've been cut because of featuring the voices of some of the puppeteers who might not've had a way to've been compensated for voice work, since a LOT of stuff that got cut were the fun bits of banter with the Skeksis puppeteers.
Also, the first Age of Resistance comic is very much worth checking out!
"What are you doing to my new juice?" and "I'm a scat man!" are the two that break me every. single. time. and "And not at all. Zere 'as been a murder at ze castle of ze crystal" is the close runner up.
I have so many thoughts about this show I feel like opening a Tumblr, wat even
fwiw, a few small things I noticed from watching this series FOR LIKE THE FIFTH TIME (plus some other things I picked up on the Intarnet):
* No more fun for Rian: Ordon says 'a bit of fun' is all there ever is with Rian. Also, when Mira suggests splitting up when hunting the spitter, Rian asks her "where's the fun in that". Fast forward to the Circle of the suns, "we don't have time for fun". Reality has hit the fan for this one.
* Related, the way Rian screams for Deet to wait for him in Grot is kind of heartbreaking. He's not going through that shit again! (Deep sigh)
* Re: Hup being a good guy with Rian at the Circle of the suns: His 'take care... friend' is a direct reference to SkekGra (again) referencing Hup as their 'friend slave'. Rian is emphasising that Hup is indeed their friend, not at all their slave. Unity!
* I've seen several examples of this - dialogue referencing previous dialogue, along with dialogue (monologue) referencing things that are yet to come. Aughra's speech to the little Threader is (also) addressing Seladon. Mark the part about scars... who ends up with scars on her face?
* People keep saying Seladon's 'turning' came too sudden, but if you go back and listen to her dialogues, you can hear that 'villainous' twist in her voice from the very beginning, it's there.
* Chamberlain and the Gruenaks. Did he give them to the Scientist + sew their mouths shut for the specific purpose on them not ratting him out about switching the General's essence bottle?
* That scene after a certain someone dies, watching a certain little critter crawling up the trees while Kylan is watching... I read something about the Arathim 'infusion' thing in the books, and the series is hinting that this certain someone lives on in that little critter. That's hella interesting.
* Tavra referencing wanting to run off with the Sifa. Oh lol, Onica reference! (There should have been more!!)
* Rian telling Deet to go topside while he gets the glaive because she should be with the ones she loves, Deet's 'but... I...' Then, the next episode, she cries 'we have to go back for the Dual Glaive!' Emphasis 'we'. (Oh Tumblr would love this.)
* So apparently Kylan is half Spriton (mother) half Stonewood (father), which I guess is fuel for the B + K = J theorists, as Jen looks kinda Stonewood. Edit: Oh, and Kylan's firca (flute) is definitely the same one Jen has, since according to the novels, "Kylan crafted a firca out of the bones of a bell-bird. When played, the sound of the firca causes crystals and creatures affiliated with the Dark Crystal to glow and resonate." (From here)
Okay so I went ahead and created that Tumblr, then was immediately punched in the face by that 'we need to see some regular activity from you before your posts get to show up in public tags' sadness. So I reblogged a few things, posted a few original posts, had zero interaction, followed like 2 blogs and then went to bed.
I opened up Tumblr just now and one of my posts had 324 notes XD That's like half of what my most noted Final Fantasy XII Ultimania post on my original blog ever had.