• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (August 30th)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm REALLY glad someone saved the original, because the one Netflix uploaded cut out almost two full minutes of it:

What the hell, man?

X :neo:

Fangu

Great Old One
Hmmmm
HHHMMMMMMMM

Chamberlain jokes aside, now someone analyze which parts were cut and why

Edit: Okay that was a much tighter cut. Set aside I loved the longer one it's not too bad. But they should have kept the "I lost an ear!" because without it it's kinda hard to tell what's going on x)

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Someone mentioned that because of the scenes that are missing that it might've been cut because of featuring the voices of some of the puppeteers who might not've had a way to've been compensated for voice work, since a LOT of stuff that got cut were the fun bits of banter with the Skeksis puppeteers.

Also, the first Age of Resistance comic is very much worth checking out!

Fangu

Great Old One
Ah, that makes sense. Sad for us, but it's important things are done right and people's voice work aren't used without credit and compensation.

I'm not too keen on comics in that style... :P but I've been reading about Lee and I'm more and more intrigued about his novels. iShould get them.

Fangu

Great Old One
By the way, you know that song the gelfling are singing while sitting around the fireplace at the end of the blooper reel... I've had that song stuck on my brain all day. lol.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
"What are you doing to my new juice?" and "I'm a scat man!" are the two that break me every. single. time. and "And not at all. Zere 'as been a murder at ze castle of ze crystal" is the close runner up.

Fangu

Great Old One
"I'm caught on this machine", "So sorry, I've had a glass of port for breakfast" followed by "and then is it lunch" always cracks me up. It's just the way they say it xD

Fangu

Great Old One
I have so many thoughts about this show I feel like opening a Tumblr, wat even

fwiw, a few small things I noticed from watching this series FOR LIKE THE FIFTH TIME (plus some other things I picked up on the Intarnet):
* No more fun for Rian: Ordon says 'a bit of fun' is all there ever is with Rian. Also, when Mira suggests splitting up when hunting the spitter, Rian asks her "where's the fun in that". Fast forward to the Circle of the suns, "we don't have time for fun". Reality has hit the fan for this one.
* Related, the way Rian screams for Deet to wait for him in Grot is kind of heartbreaking. He's not going through that shit again! (Deep sigh)
* Re: Hup being a good guy with Rian at the Circle of the suns: His 'take care... friend' is a direct reference to SkekGra (again) referencing Hup as their 'friend slave'. Rian is emphasising that Hup is indeed their friend, not at all their slave. Unity!
* I've seen several examples of this - dialogue referencing previous dialogue, along with dialogue (monologue) referencing things that are yet to come. Aughra's speech to the little Threader is (also) addressing Seladon. Mark the part about scars... who ends up with scars on her face?
* People keep saying Seladon's 'turning' came too sudden, but if you go back and listen to her dialogues, you can hear that 'villainous' twist in her voice from the very beginning, it's there.
* Chamberlain and the Gruenaks. Did he give them to the Scientist + sew their mouths shut for the specific purpose on them not ratting him out about switching the General's essence bottle?
* That scene after a certain someone dies, watching a certain little critter crawling up the trees while Kylan is watching... I read something about the Arathim 'infusion' thing in the books, and the series is hinting that this certain someone lives on in that little critter. That's hella interesting.
* Tavra referencing wanting to run off with the Sifa. Oh lol, Onica reference! (There should have been more!!)
* Rian telling Deet to go topside while he gets the glaive because she should be with the ones she loves, Deet's 'but... I...' Then, the next episode, she cries 'we have to go back for the Dual Glaive!' Emphasis 'we'. (Oh Tumblr would love this.)
* So apparently Kylan is half Spriton (mother) half Stonewood (father), which I guess is fuel for the B + K = J theorists, as Jen looks kinda Stonewood. Edit: Oh, and Kylan's firca (flute) is definitely the same one Jen has, since according to the novels, "Kylan crafted a firca out of the bones of a bell-bird. When played, the sound of the firca causes crystals and creatures affiliated with the Dark Crystal to glow and resonate." (From here)

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Okay so I went ahead and created that Tumblr, then was immediately punched in the face by that 'we need to see some regular activity from you before your posts get to show up in public tags' sadness. So I reblogged a few things, posted a few original posts, had zero interaction, followed like 2 blogs and then went to bed.

I opened up Tumblr just now and one of my posts had 324 notes XD That's like half of what my most noted Final Fantasy XII Ultimania post on my original blog ever had.

I am proud.

https://darkcrystalmeth.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F188195428017
(Also someone already used those images for a similar joke post about their grades, I CREATED A MEME)

Fangu

Great Old One
@X-SOLDIER do you know how the Reply thing functions these days? If I press "reply" does it create a post, or just a response in the note line of that particular post?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@X-SOLDIER do you know how the Reply thing functions these days? If I press "reply" does it create a post, or just a response in the note line of that particular post?

It's just a response in the note like of the post. If you wanna make a post, just reblog it and add your commentssssss.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Especially given current pandemic circumstances, I can't even imagine how impossible it'd be to make a show that requires this much close proximity of other people to one another for hours at a time. Renewing it for another season now seems like it'd've been really difficult even if it didn't have the massive shoot times and coordination requirements and everything to get it working when conditions were still ideal.

I really hope that they still manage to tell the rest of this chapter of the story, but I will very much miss seeing it in this particular format.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’m feeling really grateful that we got a whole season of Dark Crystal stuff, that it won an Emmy, that, by being Netflix-produced, it will remain on that platform presumably forever. It was an achievement of epic proportions.

While I am still curious where the story of Deet is going, I feel very satisfied where we left off with everyone else. All the expendable villains exploded, and this was probably the *only* real victory for the Gelflings. Ending on such a high note, then drawing a mental line from there to the world of Jen and Kira, is a tragedy that I don’t really need to see drawn out — or worse, sidestepped.

So yeah, as a single season of great TV that has an undercurrent or inevitable tragedy, I think Age of Resistance is damn-near perfect. The creators, cast, and crew should go home proud.

Top Bottom