The Final Fantasy VII LTD Thread (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Cloud's Dissidia crystal being holy came up again. I said it wasn't, and Zee was like "Is too, it's in the FFVII logo" and I was like "Nuh-uh!" and she was all "uh-huh, see?" and showed a picture and then we talked about the dot in the FFVII logo for a few pages... then Zee said Squall's feather was a crystal and I was all :rage: at that because it's not... then I posted a translation that some people were like "uh.. English plz" to and we made it less Engrishy and...

I think that's it.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
but this thread is at its most awesome when off topic...

in regards to the logo stuff: at first I was like wut then I was like HOSHIT CANNOT UNSEE.

also fuckya'll the materia at the end is totally holy :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
also fuckya'll the materia at the end is totally holy
I ask again, do you have any evidence? :monster:

Seriously I have to wonder if the Cleriths didn't exist ,would ANYONE have made that connection?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yes because I don't think the logo is nice :awesome:

Couple other quotes:

This one by me (this one was in the UO when it talked about the Lifestream Sequence):
Cloud hated his own weakness and not being able to do anything. He knew Sephiroth, and he longed for that strength, to become stronger so even Tifa would notice him.

and the other one done by Syn's friend that I mentioned previously. This was in the margin of one of the pages:

Despite Cloud having a good will, Tifa did not have any interest towards Cloud, and it was only at the time when they exchanged their promises that she started to take more notice in him. Part of that reason may be because of her loneliness of losing her friends around her, but more than that, him saying he will become a hero had the biggest impact of all.

Christ even I think that makes Tifa sound like a bitch XD

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Seriously I have to wonder if the Cleriths didn't exist ,would ANYONE have made that connection?

she thinks holy has anything to do with clerith

1275599652216.jpg

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
and the other one done by Syn's friend that I mentioned previously. This was in the margin of one of the pages:

Despite Cloud having a good will, Tifa did not have any interest towards Cloud, and it was only at the time when they exchanged their promises that she started to take more notice in him. Part of that reason may be because of her loneliness of losing her friends around her, but more than that, him saying he will become a hero had the biggest impact of all.

Not really. We already know that they had little interaction prior to the well scene. But if she didn't have any interest at all, she wouldn't have shown up. And what is this business about her losing friends? Does not compute.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Not really. We already know that they had little interaction prior to the well scene. But if she didn't have any interest at all, she wouldn't have shown up. And what is this business about her losing friends? Does not compute.
She did mention in the scene that everyone was leaving to work for Shinra, I assume this had to do with that.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Shallow mixed with naive (more naive I think). Not surprising that a 13 year old girl would want a hero.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Shallow mixed with naive (more naive I think). Not surprising that a 13 year old girl would want a hero.
....*uses this as an excuse to post a video*

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Not to mention that she was the most popular girl in town. I'd expect her not to pay any attention to a loser like Cloud. Of course, until he leaves, THEN she keeps thinking about him.

Girls are mean. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cloud should have aimed for a girl in his league.

Fortunately for Cloud I would guess that his fame is very limited, even with the official announcements from Reeve/The WRO regarding the Jenova Wars.

Would be kinda annoying for our blonde hero if fans asked for his autograph all the time or if some movie producer wanted to make a drama documentary about Cloud's past.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I would guess he's pretty well known. But it's been some time, people are probably over it by now.

And I'm sure there are people who are pissed at AVALANCHE. They used to have easy electricity and comfort if they lived in the right places.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I would guess he's pretty well known. But it's been some time, people are probably over it by now.

There has to be a certain degree of fame. People in WRO recognized Vincent. So it would stand to reason that people would know Cloud as well. Reeve also referred to himself as a hero of the "Jenova War" too.

And I'm sure there are people who are pissed at AVALANCHE. They used to have easy electricity and comfort if they lived in the right places.

In AC, there is electricity. 7th Heaven has lights and fans and radio and phone. There's still use of mako energy, it seems.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think they just went back to more "traditional" (by Earth standards) sources of power that had begun to be developed but were dropped when Mako was discovered.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Mm. Who knows? I mean, they wouldn't have much access to mako since the reactors probably don't function. I know Cid & Barret were looking for alternate sources of energy in CoB, but hadn't found it until the end of CoB/beginning of AC.

Shelke needs mako to sustain her body, right? So at least Deepground is still harvesting mako energy to a degree. Something I wondered: what does she do once DG is gone? She's presumably living at 7th Heaven, she still needs mako to survive, right?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes because I don't think the logo is nice :awesome:

Couple other quotes:

This one by me (this one was in the UO when it talked about the Lifestream Sequence):
Cloud hated his own weakness and not being able to do anything. He knew Sephiroth, and he longed for that strength, to become stronger so even Tifa would notice him.

Eh, not really. 'She wasn't really interested in him, but then she became interested when he did something notable to catch that attention.' Sounds exactly like a 13 year old to me.

Not to mention that she was the most popular girl in town. I'd expect her not to pay any attention to a loser like Cloud. Of course, until he leaves, THEN she keeps thinking about him.

Girls are mean. :monster:

Actually, I don't think it's 'payed no attention to him,' since she did know about his habit of picking fights, and thought he was cute, he just hadn't done anything to attract her interest as a potential catch. His Ambition did that.

Cloud should have aimed for a girl in his league.

Some targets are harder to hit than others, but you can always luck out and land a bullseye now and again, to continue the aiming metaphor.

Well that's all changed now, he's probably got fangirls all across the Planet.

He's got them in the planet too.
And crazy stalkers.

Fortunately for Cloud I would guess that his fame is very limited, even with the official announcements from Reeve/The WRO regarding the Jenova Wars.

Would be kinda annoying for our blonde hero if fans asked for his autograph all the time or if some movie producer wanted to make a drama documentary about Cloud's past.

I considered that the official press used different likenesses of the heroes, possibly at their request.
And now I'm Reeve using Zack and Aerith's likenesses in place of Cloud and Tifa's.

I can definitely see Cloud and Tifa going 'Yeah, we get that a lot' and changing the subject to something else before the think to press further.

There has to be a certain degree of fame. People in WRO recognized Vincent. So it would stand to reason that people would know Cloud as well. Reeve also referred to himself as a hero of the "Jenova War" too.

Well, you don't need to be recognized to be a Hero.

In AC, there is electricity. 7th Heaven has lights and fans and radio and phone. There's still use of mako energy, it seems.

Not Mako energy. Coal, Oil, etc.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mm. Who knows? I mean, they wouldn't have much access to mako since the reactors probably don't function. I know Cid & Barret were looking for alternate sources of energy in CoB, but hadn't found it until the end of CoB/beginning of AC.

Shelke needs mako to sustain her body, right? So at least Deepground is still harvesting mako energy to a degree. Something I wondered: what does she do once DG is gone? She's presumably living at 7th Heaven, she still needs mako to survive, right?

No, she doesn't, since she's out of the sustaining suit at the very end of the game. The Omega incident seems to have altered her body, restarting her growth and breaking her Mako addiction.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
She's presumably living at 7th Heaven, she still needs mako to survive, right?

She does, maybe they brought back one of those pods, or just throw her in an old reactor now and then. But I would imagine they'll attempt to ween her body off of it, if at all possible.

EDIT: Oh. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom