The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
What as in pre-downloading early access client or actually playing it?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Pre-downloading - which, to be honest, has always kind of confused me. Especially for offline games, "I can download it but not play it?" But I figured server problems would only get more burdened as we got closer, but I can't get it to work so far anyway.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah I think it's a strategic approach to launch - not only is it an incentive for preorders (which some of us bought into like a bitch :awesome:), but it takes some of the edge off the server load by staggering download demand and lets people spend time actually playing the game on release rather than wasting time downloading it.

Also, gives us a head start, etc. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I had a bit of fear when that happened aswell, I downloaded it on PS3 then it was like "no u, this version is already installed" but the code gives me access to the pre-order extras anyway :monster:

For anyone who's interested, the early access starts at 10am British Summer Time on Saturday morning (2am for west coast Murcans).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
For anyone who's interested, the early access starts at 10am British Summer Time on Saturday morning (2am for west coast Murcans).

About when is everyone starting? (Not that that's terribly important for those of us who are starting over, as we won't have anything cooperative for awhile...)

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I'll be up bright and early so around 10 or 11am to spend the whole weekend playing it, my early access code finally went through and I am downloading the game as we speak :D

Lex

Administrator
About when is everyone starting? (Not that that's terribly important for those of us who are starting over, as we won't have anything cooperative for awhile...)

I'll also be starting at 10am my time, which is somewhere in the dead of Saturday morning for you :P. Post your character name in here or come on to the IRC and I'll add you whenever you're on, when you're comfortable you can pop into some of the group missions with us anyway since we're all at 20 so you'll be able to punch above your weight.

That's if the game lets you do them at a low level of course.

Hito said:
hating you all as we speak

*hate beaming down on you like a spiteful sun*

You could still pre-order it from Amazon and get a code and play with us Hito :desu:

Lex

Administrator
Indeed I did m'friend, and a pugilist up to level 10 :monster:

So I'll have the dragoon soul crystal when the pugilist hits 15 and the dragoon hits 30, so very excite <3

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You could still pre-order it from Amazon and get a code and play with us Hito :desu:
now i don't know if i got the download uk version would i still be able to use it with my accounts (which are both tied to the japanese side of things because i didn't foresee this situation happening). and the japanese preorder on psn ended like four days ago for some reason.

i suppose i can wait / be dead weight for everyone because i am lagging behind in levels and shit :sadpanda:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Indeed I did m'friend, and a pugilist up to level 10 :monster:

So I'll have the dragoon soul crystal when the pugilist hits 15 and the dragoon hits 30, so very excite <3

Awesome, I got my Leather Worker and Botanist up so can make my own weapons and armour!

Lex

Administrator
now i don't know if i got the download uk version would i still be able to use it with my accounts (which are both tied to the japanese side of things because i didn't foresee this situation happening). and the japanese preorder on psn ended like four days ago for some reason.

i suppose i can wait / be dead weight for everyone because i am lagging behind in levels and shit :sadpanda:

You definitely can. There were people who went to the Japanese servers when there were errors during the beta (the servers are univeral) so logging in with your Japanese SE account shouldn't be a problem, then joining cerberus with a new character if you want.

With early access if you pre-order the game (from say Amazon, who should still have codes) they send you a code that you put into the Square Enix pre-order site, which generates a code for you to get early access. So that part isn't even tied to your account - it's only tied to your account when you log in to your SE account on your computer and redeem the code from the retailer, and as far as I can tell it's not region specific.

I've also just checked and there's a Japanese language option in the client aswell, if you would rather play the game in Japanese. The early access code comes with a physical copy (I think the standard edition of the game is about £20 for PS3) or the digital copy, depends on your preference. I know that they said early access codes were limited but I ordered mine on Monday from Amazon and still got one so if you'd rather have a physical copy it comes with the digital download anyway :).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
So buying the game physically also gives you a digital one?

My concern about downloading is if I got the UK one, that'd give me a UK download, but will that still be playable if I use a different account set to a different region?

idk i am thicker than a sack of bricks :sadpanda: i should probably wait anyway before spending money to see what i need to spend on college things

Lex

Administrator
Yes, you'd be able to log in to your Japanese account on the UK game. The client is universal, the only difference is the language option it's set to when you download it.

Well I bought the game physically and the early access means I've already downloaded the game and I'll be playing it on Saturday, but I won't get the box itself until Tuesday. I don't know if I'll have to switch to the disc at official launch or not, but I'm pretty sure the disc would just install the client on your system and then be disc-less anyway :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I hope it is just to install the client then. I don't want to be faffing around with the disk since it seems like a game you play on and off :sadpanda:

So can two PS3 accounts use one client? (Obviously with separate subscriptions)? If I did get the UK one it is probably going to be through my brother's account that I use for downloading UK stuff.

Have they announced game cards for the UK where you buy one for 30/60 days? I've seen Japanese ones and American ones but not UK ones yet.

sorry this is now just my boring questions :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
Yeah you're hit with a login screen before you can start the game up so I'm pretty sure you'd be able to log on with different accounts. It's possible the game could be tied to your Square Enix username though so I'm not 100% sure on that one.

There's a game card on Amazon UK (click on FFXIV then under options theres standard edition, collectors edition and game cards) but I wouldn't bother with them. The 60 day gamecard is £17.99 while the most expensive subscription you can take out is the monthly £8.99 one, so the game cards are actually more expensive than a normal subscription.

If you sign up for 6 months or a year it's like £7.99 a month or so.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
more questions because i'm needy

Is there anything in the documentation or small print that says for certain if you will be able to keep using the early access download version after the proper release or not?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
okay, i can't take the uncertainty and the possibility that i will have to mess around with stuff if my accounts don't work proper and have to make new ones, so i'm just going to wait until the proper release day and get the download from the japanese psn

(unless someone has an answer for someone with a japanese square enix and psn account and is thinking about getting eu access codes using a different account)

please baby me as i hold you all back on your quests :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
Hahaha, fair enough Hito, better safe than sorry. And don't worry, our company will be all-inclusive <3

@Captain Highwind, HOORAY!

Top Bottom