The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^Yes, but in a different order. SMN wants Crit > SS and BLM wants SS > Crit. And the stat weights are pretty different for the two. On SMN, Crit far outweighs SS and Det which are weighted almost identical. For BLM, SS outweighs Crit which outweighs Det. So I'm currently sitting on around, 1170 Crit, 800 SS and 585 Det...

From what I've researched, it comes out like this...

SMN

INT = 1
Crit = 0.287
Det = 0.192
SS = 0.195

BLM

INT = 1
Crit = 0.256
Det = 0.206
SS = 0.283

So SMN just wants gear with Crit on it, while BLM needs an optimized mix of stats. I had some fun playing with stats over at Ariyala's FFXIV Toolkit and found out that the only pieces of gear that have good stats for both would be i270 Shire Ring and i270 Ultima Necklace (+54 Crit, +59 SS with materia on both of them) and the i270 Alex Gloves (+55 Acc, +70 Crit, +24 SS with materia). Other then that they don't want to share gear at all, so if you wanted "Best in Slot" for both SMN and BLM you'd pretty much need every single piece of i270 mage gear in the game...

So it's more like SMN prioritizes Crit and BLM doesn't need Det...

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Skip cutscene, skip cutscene, skip cutscene, queue for things with other TLS folk and it'll take you no time at all. ^_^

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The following video contains spoilers for the 3.x story. Don't watch unless you're up to date or couldn't care less.

The hype is real

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Honestly I think Answers just squeezes ahead of Dragonsong for me, but it's damn close.

Lex

Administrator
The following video contains spoilers for the 3.x story. Don't watch unless you're up to date or couldn't care less.

The hype is real

2:01: Holy aliasing batman, they could have recorded this on a halfway decent computer 0_0

I feel the same way about this song as I did about both answers and dragonsong: absolute nothingness. In time I'll learn to like it as it plays over some battle or scene I care a mediocre amount for. Likely credits tbh

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
7.8/10, too much vibrato.

I'm only half-joking. The song has an upbeat, almost jolly feel to it, akin to a march, and while there's no doubting Susan Calloway's vocal talents, I don't think they suit it at all.

I haven't watched the trailer btw, just listened to it, since I haven't played 3.X MSQ yet. I appreciate the spoiler warning. :) By the by, releasing this on a global server maintenance day is pretty damn smart.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
To early to tell if I like the main theme or not. I'll probably like it better once I'm in-game and have heard the 4-5 different instrumental versions that'll eventually be made of it. Heavensward is honestly the same way. I'm not so hot on the "official" version of it, but the versions in Cortheas Western Highlands (Against the Wind, Black & White), Shor Kai (Apologies), The Aetherochemical Research Facility (Imagination)? Some of my favorite tracks in HW.

It is interesting that the song is much less melancholy then Heavensard is, which says something about the nature of the conflics in Stormblood.

And yeah, kudos to the marketing team for releasing it when global servers are down.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
My Marauder is lvl 34 now. Looks like I'm buying the game this weekend. :closedmonster:

I think I'm getting better at Tanking, or well, ask Flint and see what he says since he's done all the dungeons with me so far in the story :monster: though I still sometimes mess up (and sometimes it's really stupid, like I couldn't target the right enemy in time before I lost it's aggro or accidentally targeted one out of range and was trying to hit it and wasting a few seconds before I realized it wasn't working >__>)
I am feeling more confident about it though, not so worried I guess you could say. I'm finding Tanking to be fun actually, I genuinely want to do a good job because I know the role is important, and I like feeling that I'm protecting everyone when I do the job right.

I haven't met/socialized with many people outside TLS members, but I did make a new friend a few nights ago, they're language is French but they know English pretty swell, so that was fun. I love meeting new people. :D And had an emote fest with someone after completing a dungeon. That felt nice too, because I think it was fairly clear I was new to the dungeon. XD

I feel like I'm comfy with a lot of stuff, yet also super new to a lot of stuff. I've not done many Guildhests at all and kinda want to do more tomorrow. And still getting used to some PS4 controls, and MMO controls in general.

But all in all I'm obviously enjoying the game, have only been playing for like 2 weeks. I look forward to when I'm a higher level and can do stuff with you guys more often :lol: (Though Flint has been lovely at joining me for the kinda crappy first dungeons :awesome:)

I've not branched out too much with other classes yet, but I do have a lvl 15 Rogue. Any advice for what my next class should be to unlock some jobs? (or is it the other way around and jobs are the starting ones? idk I'm always forgetting!)

Oh I really like the enemy designs and how several are borrowed from FFXII. :awesome:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Class -> Job. And while everyone will have their recommendations on what to try or avoid, the one thing we can say for sure is that you'll need 15 levels in gladiator if you want to turn your marauder into a warrior. You might also want to reach level 8 (or 12) with pugilist for some more cross-class skills. Other than that I'd say just go with whatever you like the look of. :)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I knew there was something about getting a Warrior Job by multi classing, just wasn't sure how. I think that'll be the next one I focus on for fun. ^_^

Also, here's a screenshot attached to le post. It's of my character in this full frickin' body chest/helmet armor set. So that means I can't 'remove headgear' for cutscenes, because there's technically no helmet. Which at first I was a bit meh about but now I find it so amusing, because it never ever shows her head move. :closedmonster:

So when someone asks me to do something, the scene cuts to my character, and it's just this silent moment of my character not moving one iota, and then it cuts back to the other person who then smiles and thanks me for agreeing to help. :wacky: Omfg, I just, I can't

Attachments

• IMG_6943.JPG
    IMG_6943.JPG
    490.8 KB · Views: 6

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Does anyone want to run Crystal Towers with me this weekend? I still haven't done them and I need it for my Wondrous Tails.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've already done my weekly CT but I really like World of Darkness so I can definitely do that with you if you haven't done it by tomorrow night. The other two parts are kinda meh but I'm not saying no. :P

I need to do Dun Scaith before the Tuesday reset and I haven't done it before so if any of you iLvl 235+ folks wanna babysit then feel free. :monster:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I've already done my weekly CT but I really like World of Darkness so I can definitely do that with you if you haven't done it by tomorrow night. The other two parts are kinda meh but I'm not saying no. :P

I need to do Dun Scaith before the Tuesday reset and I haven't done it before so if any of you iLvl 235+ folks wanna babysit then feel free. :monster:

Dun Scaith is way easier than Mhach, so you should be good.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Some of it! Here's a page with links to all the Jobs and their new actions/rotations.

Get Hyped

I think Summoner hype levels are through the roof. Also I am sooooo psyched for Red Mage.

Top Bottom