The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

AvecAloes

Donator
I keep hoping I'll get the email informing me that I've been chosen, especially after reading everything here, but to no avail :(

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Trying to download the new version once again. I can't be chewed with playing anything now I've finished catching up on TV.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Gutted for Avec. That sucks. Yeah I have no idea how I got accepted/what the selection process is. Maybe there aren't as many Scottish/UK beta testers/applicants? I kind of wondered if where I live and the fact I already have an active Square Enix account matters any, I bought FFVII PC from them a while ago :smashedmonster:

We are allowed to talk about the beta publicly right? :shifty: Highly enjoying satsu's log in anycase.

I figured out why some characters were running about only in their bras and panties, apparently if you take off all your equipment this happens :faint: I think my girl, Flowermaiden Aeris feels kind of inadequate now the poor thing ;)

I re-equipped her and she is currently wearing a red conjurer type hat, a full body blue and white healing robe, gloves and her boots from before.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Seems to me that every race and gender wears fabulous white silk panties as undergarments. It's honestly kind of disconcerting. :monster:

I have no idea what the criteria for beta testing selection is, although I think having a Square Enix account isn't essential - they simply tell you to sign up an account if you haven't already. There's still about 4-5 days of beta left! You still might get some hours in before game time starts~

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
:monster:

I just hit L10 and unlocked a few features, the ability to use chocobos, the ability to have and switch between different sets of gear and the ability to join different guilds. Since this is the beta I don't think I should worry about the latter too much since everything is supposed to be finishing soon. I might do some dabbling though :monster:

I kind of want to try botany. A Conjurer/Botany mix seems to make sense for an Aerith type character ^_^

Though I imagine my build won't fair too well in the advanced stages of combat zones ... I don't think botanists can even fight so I'd be Conjurer staple, and I'm not due to learn another offensive spell until L22 :monster: I like the healer/support build in general and I think it together with learning about the land in botany would be find for doing local stuff ... I'm torn between being adventurous/looking for a grand adventure and following the plot threads I've discovered so far or living in peace/working mostly with local affairs.

Everything's been quite fun so far. I've completed three class quests and three main scenario quests, as well as forty general quests (I just counted them in my log ... wow didn't realize I'd done so many already ;o) I've fallen in battle four or so times ... once when I was chatting with people in a chat client and was not paying attention/distracted, a pack of those rampaging small dinosaur/dragon types came out of nowhere and wiped me out, once when I was ambushed by a bog insects/water sprite combo, and at least twice for the Chasing the Shadows quest, for winning that one I decided to focus on the small fry so they couldn't gang up and overwhelm me, no wait I was wiped out at least once doing the Naked Rocks Anora quest as well, that's five :monster:

Ironically enough the story arc of my Class so far involves a girl who is using her powers inappropriately and has just learned Raise, but she's not supposed to do stuff like that yet/something really bad might happen if she uses it ... for the main quest I found something to do with crystals, Crystal bearers of Light or something as well as meeting with the moogle from the start of the game/beta and two other new characters, a Pugilist and a Thaumaturge, the dynamics between them were fun.

There is an NPC you can talk to about going from 10 straight to 15 for a certain price.

Tell me more :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Though I imagine my build won't fair too well in the advanced stages of combat zones ... I don't think botanists can even fight so I'd be Conjurer staple, and I'm not due to learn another offensive spell until L22 :monster: I like the healer/support build in general and I think it together with learning about the land in botany would be find for doing local stuff ... I'm torn between being adventurous/looking for a grand adventure and following the plot threads I've discovered so far or living in peace/working mostly with local affairs.

Sounds like Botany would be good for somebody who finishes the main quest and then wants to be the old codger type who talks to the new, young adventurers about how stuff was "back in my day." =P

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Okay so where are all the bitches at

Do we have enough people for a TLS guild or anything
:monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Hope this isn't the last beta period.

I've been stuck all week cleaning out my house for yard sales and fighting my dead PC. Will try to get to it tomorrow.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Sunday to Monday is the last period for third beta test. On Monday all character data will be erased so you can start over during the open beta.

mecorx

Moonrune Archaeologist
AKA
Translator of Things
It's good to see people are interested in FFXIV again! I'm a legacy member, myself. Apparently open beta starts early August?

PS: According to today's update on the official Japanese LRFFXIII site, we can expect to see Lightning in a FFXIV FATE. Are any alarm bells ringing?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Apparently, I hear the testing's all finished now? This seems to be the case on here. The last few times, I've not been able to get on because the stupid update won't patch through properly. I'm going to wait until the official launch now, I've had enough time to try it out.

mecorx

Moonrune Archaeologist
AKA
Translator of Things

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Phase 4 starts in the next day or two!

Time to consolidate, let's all get on the same servers gaiz! :3

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Velaria Dragonsoul, female Hyur in the server Cerberus. PSN is in my signature.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Anaea Oaks, Hyur Gladiator on Cerberus. Username should be satsugaikaze but not sure how to add pepoles

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Anaea Oaks, Hyur Gladiator on Cerberus. Username should be satsugaikaze but not sure how to add pepoles
You go on your friends list under the Main Menu > Social List. You have to manually input another character's full name to find and add them.

The official open OPEN beta for everyone else opens at 2am PDT / 10am GMT, which is just under an hour away!

Lex

Administrator
That's only if you have phase 4 beta codes though. If you don't, I don't know if you can sign up.

I've been trying to do so here but it says it'll reopen when phase 4 starts... they're running a little late I guess?

Either that or I don't think people without phase 4 codes can sign up at all. The download certainly isn't anywhere on PSN.

EDIT: What the fuck, it's available on the US version of the same site. Well I'll try that one, but I doubt the North American code will work on the EU PSN (I got the code immediately).

EDIT2: Holy shitballs it worked, downloading now :monster:

Actually quite excited to play this.

Splintered

unsavory tart
So I got a beta and I'll be honest, I'm constantly "what am I doing" because this is my first time playing a MMO and I'm strictly console.

As far as knowing what to look for, I don't know what I should be seeing. My first hour I looked at my brother, as he is an MMO gamer and asked if MMOs are just grinding and fetch quests because I thought that was the worst part of RPGs. But given more time, there was definitely an addictive quality to it. Lots of quests, things opening up as you level up so you feel rewarded. Pretty world. It feels like there's a lot to do but I think that's what MMOs are suppose to feel like I guess.

I think the hardest part is that I got a PS3 beta code. And while I never played an MMO on the PC, I can definitely see why it needs to run on one. It does work with a controller... but it feels awkward. And sometimes I feel like I mess up my targeting and everything. But yeah, you can do it on a PS system just fine but lots of pressing buttons so you can press the right button.

I think my issues are just... on things not about the game. And mostly my fault.

So I spent an infuriating amount of time trying to sign up for the square enix accounts and then realizing I had an account- not being allowed to hit back or get out of the game when signing up for an account so having to reset the playstation which pisses the console off apparently, and forgetting the password, and then resetting the password, then it not working and just making a new account all together. And I had to type it all not on a keyboard. Oh and I haven't even set up my PSN account so I'm playing under my brother's name. But then after downloading and crying over passwords, I blankly looked at my screen and said. This is my hell.

Gaming bureaucracy nightmare.

So I played a good while and then once when returning to Grandia, the fuckers kicked me off. Server issues that's nothing new I guess. I wouldn't know.

So I tried logging and then... this fucking error comes up and says I'm already logged in and I have to log out (my brother and sister have accounts on the beta too). So I try all the characters. No not that. Everything is logged out.

Then I tried making a new character, and that's fine because I'm on the wrong server anyway and I wanted to try out being a paladin route instead of a dragoon. Made it, and I still am not allowed to log in.

I googled the issue and apparently, tons of people are having it and no one is responding.

I had fun... but. MMOs are fucking frustrating. I don't know how you guys do it.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I agree with all of that. I have a USB keyboard so I plugged that in for the text, but trying to target enemies with the D-Pad is a bit frustrating when there are like 40 other people around >_>.

I had server issues at first for about half an hour but when I logged in it was smooth sailing up until about 6 hours later when the game kicked me. Then I had to queue to get back into my server (I fucking told you all we should have gone Shiva, further down the list means less people!). I'm not holding this against the game right now though, it's bound to be mobbed with beta people trying the game out for free (like me).

Anyway, here's my character:

null_zps07bb21d9.jpg

Rinh'aeza Viera, for anyone who feels like adding me :D.

I'm finding the game surprisingly fun so far. I've never really touched MMO's (tried LoL a few times, can't stand it) but the fact that this has an actual story has really surprised me. Plus it's fun to gesture to other people, and be in parties with people you know <3.

Gonna play it again tomorrow then I'll make a decision about whether or not I'm buying it, but it's definitely worth a try guys. If you're like me and don't fancy MMO's/ didn't even think about giving this a second glance, give it a go for free at some point before the end of Monday :monster:

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Yeah login bugs and server kicking are really, really common throughout this Phase. It's probably due to the servers not being up to scratch with all this new load of players in Open Beta, which is something they'll hopefully sort the fuck out before retail release.

Hell, the forums were down for most of the day before :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
And the forums are still down now. :monster:

I keep getting the 90000 error, that's the only thing for me. SE are working to fix it, but until it's done, I can't progress much further. I can only do a few quests here and there, which are starting to become tiresome the longer it drags for the error to go away. It's quite bad it took them 26 hours to respond the endless complaints, though.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
And I'm going to be away from the internets for most of next week. Gawds, I really want to play this. Maybe I'll just download it today and all, and hope I can get some time in to play a bit of it. I'd really like to know what it's like before I do any purchases, if at all possible. /frugalandorcheapskate

Top Bottom