Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

[quote author=spirit chaser link=topic=53.msg10783#msg10783 date=1232766913]
However, Avalanche visited Aerith's "grave" and I think that this has something to do with that conversation.
[/quote]
The Japanese version of that scene, 'went to see' is the same as the line at the end of the game.

I don't get the sense, from a narrative/writing point of view, of having Tifa-- if she's just been dumped-- saying 'let's go meet her'. What is that meant to be? Some sort of strange "it sounds like I'm coming too, but you go on your own" resignation? Tifa just not getting the hint and inviting herself along? Despite this being the end of the game, so no more developed. Tifa ends the game having not really learnt anything?

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

As far as I know, this is exactly how Cleriths choose to view that scene - Tifa just didn't get the hint.
The obvious contradiction and illogicalness of the narrative line doesn't matter as long as it helps them supporting their ship.

FFVII's English translation had a number of errors, even grammatic mistakes ("This guy are sick", yeah, even I don't make such mistakes :monster:). So naturally, if you see that something doesn't exactly make sense, you go and try to figure out what was the original line(s) really saying.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

Hehehe. Here, it's the "lost soul". Keep in mind that Tifa's eyes are happy, but her mouth is a lost soul. Ha ha ha! =D

Ending17.jpg

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg10806#msg10806 date=1232780294]
However, Avalanche visited Aerith's "grave" and I think that this has something to do with that conversation.
[/quote]
The Japanese version of that scene, 'went to see' is the same as the line at the end of the game.

I don't get the sense, from a narrative/writing point of view, of having Tifa-- if she's just been dumped-- saying 'let's go meet her'. What is that meant to be? Some sort of strange "it sounds like I'm coming too, but you go on your own" resignation? Tifa just not getting the hint and inviting herself along? Despite this being the end of the game, so no more developed. Tifa ends the game having not really learnt anything?
[/quote]

ahh.. thank you.. :D and you too Ryushikaze
whoa.. I wonder how it translated to "I think I can meet her there" sigh oh well..

lol at lost soul

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=kelly20 link=topic=53.msg10818#msg10818 date=1232791259]
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg10806#msg10806 date=1232780294]
[/quote]

[/quote]

ahh.. thank you.. :D and you too Ryushikaze
whoa.. I wonder how it translated to "I think I can meet her there" sigh oh well..

lol at lost soul
[/quote]

Well, the original line literally translates to 'there... could meet, (i) think', which sounds ass in english, so the addition of pronouns is understandable, but there's nothing in the original to suggest it refers to a woman, or Cloud alone.

And Aerina, you're not looking at it at the exact perfect angle, after previously editing the image to make it say what you need it to say.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg10791#msg10791 date=1232769075]
About that "bowing her head in resignation" stuff they say about Tifa: Did they not notice that her head was in the same position before Cloud's line? She's resting her head on his chest, he speaks, she looks up and smiles, then puts her head back where it was previously resting. Tifa's behavior in that scene -- resting her head on his chest, smiling, patting his butt -- doesn't reflect a rejected woman, and neither does her Highwind behavior. In fact, it reflects a familiarity, an intimacy between two people who've reached an understanding.
[/quote]

I disagree with the bolded. There is no proof that Cloud ever had a butt, since we have never seen him with his clothes off, and therefore Tifa could not have been patting it, if it is not proven to be there. It's just your interpretation. Have any proofzzz? :P

Isabella

Your Mom

^Too much time spent with Shroudie? :monster:

I have photographic proof that her hand pats the regions where a butt would appear on a majority of normally formed human beings. Though, you're right, said region is covered by Hammerpants, so I can't say for sure what's underneath.

15f2bdu.gif

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~

TOO MUCH INFO LOL

Anyways, I never got that Tifa was "lowering her head in defeat" from that line. I always thought it was just her and Cloud feeling worn out from everything yet glad to be victorious at having defeated Sephiroth, IIRC.

I do think people look way too much into this.

Of course if SE wanted to they could rearrange whatever they wanted and have a Cloud X Sephiroth going on, but I'm holding on to hope that they won't do that. xD

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg10907#msg10907 date=1232829018]

I have photographic proof that her hand pats the regions where a butt would appear on a majority of normally formed human beings. Though, you're right, said region is covered by Hammerpants, so I can't say for sure what's underneath.

15f2bdu.gif

[/quote]

lol.. whoa that it soo funny.. I never noticed it before.. now someone should add the song "smack that" in the background and it is complete ;)

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg10907#msg10907 date=1232829018]

15f2bdu.gif

[/quote]

See this is what's so beautifully real about FF7. Not the silly environmental comparatives, or the bleak hardship of life and its successes and failures. It's all about those embarrassing moments. For instance, when you desperately try to enter a brothel without any passes, or when you really like someone, and you are a little nervous, so you go to give them a friendly, affectionate pat on the butt only to mistime only to smack their thigh in a really awkward and mystifying moment of tactile contact.

It happens. Trust me, it do.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi

Bella: That animated gif proves nothing. The only thing it proves is that either Cloud has enormous feet or Tifa has astronomically tiny hands. I've measured it with a ruler myself. :monster:

^Too much time spent with Shroudie?

........If we have the same "Shroudie" in mind, then, yes.

But on a serious note:

Vampire Hunter D said:
Anyways, I never got that Tifa was "lowering her head in defeat" from that line. I always thought it was just her and Cloud feeling worn out from everything yet glad to be victorious at having defeated Sephiroth, IIRC.

I think so too.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=H link=topic=53.msg10974#msg10974 date=1232843411]
Bella: That animated gif proves nothing. The only thing it proves is that either Cloud has enormous feet or Tifa has astronomically tiny hands. I've measured it with a ruler myself. :monster:

^Too much time spent with Shroudie?

........If we have the same "Shroudie" in mind, then, yes.
[/quote]

Is there any other shroudy out there? Whether he enshroud himself or pretend to be of the light, the WoI and double standards are always the same.

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

I know that Aerith and Sora have a talk in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix where she tells him that Cloud is searching for Sephiroth, but can anyone point me in the direction of a Final Mix script, or at least that scene, so I can see it myself?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Wait, in what interview did Nomura say that?

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg11093#msg11093 date=1232925955]
You can find script links here:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/kingdomhearts_final/faqs.html

And actually, Cloud wasn't really searching for Sephiroth, despite what Aerith thought. In an interview with Nomura, he stated that he wasn't actually looking for Sephiroth, but rather running away from something, "warm," which was Tifa herself.
[/quote]

meh, its not like you can blame Aerith for not knowing.. after all she doesn't know Cloud's true self :monster:

A

Great Old One

Oops, Nojima said that:

Tifa wasn't planned to appear at first. I was talking with Tetsu about what Cloud could be doing in Hallow Bastion, and we eventually moved towards him chasing after Sephiroth, but also being chased by something himself. So Cloud's really running from something but goes around pretending, saying that he's chasing Sephiroth. Then we decided to make it him running from the "something warm" like what Tifa was after in AC. We heard from Mr. Nomura that you could see it as "if Sephiroth is Cloud's darkness, then the light is Tifa." Looking at it like that, what do you think Aerith's position is?

:monster:

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg11093#msg11093 date=1232925955]
You can find script links here:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/kingdomhearts_final/faqs.html

And actually, Cloud wasn't really searching for Sephiroth, despite what Aerith thought. In an interview with Nomura, he stated that he wasn't actually looking for Sephiroth, but rather running away from something, "warm," which was Tifa herself.
[/quote]

Actually yes, he is looking for Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts I. That quote about running from "something warm" is about KHII when Tifa finally appears. The point is in the first one he's looking for his darkness, but in the second one he's still looking for him, and also running from his light.

A

Great Old One

It is possible that Tifa was looking for him in Kingdom Hearts I though. Tifa not making an appearance in Kingdom Hearts II doesn't cross out the fact that he still may have been running from her. In the interview, it says that he's 'pretending to chase Sephiroth in order to run away from his light.'

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

BBF, that quote was said when asked specifically about KHII. He was looking for Sephy in KH.

More importantly, it was never even said or implied that he was looking for his light, or anyone other than Sephiroth in KH.

A

Great Old One

So Tifa just... suddenly appeared in Kingdom Hearts II?

More importantly, it was never even said or implied that he was looking for his light, or anyone other than Sephiroth in KH.

Sora: So why did you go along with [Hades], anyway?
Cloud: I'm looking for someone. Hades promised to help.
Cloud: I tried to exploit the power of darkness, but it backfired.
Cloud: I fell into darkness, and couldn't find the light.
Sora: You'll find it. I'm searching, too.
Cloud: For your light? Don't lose sight of it.

So I guess he was looking for his darkness -- but he was looking for the light as well.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

I also read in some interview that Tifa was originally to apear in KH too.

And then Cloud "reunited" with Aerith during KH's credits, then talked to her in KH2 and was still searching for his light. Even Aerith was talking about him finding his light, which obviously means that she herself is not his light.
::)

A

Great Old One

Cleriths insist that the couples reunited in the ending credits, including Cloud/Aerith... does that mean these two are a pair of lovers as well?

ju76fd.jpg

Thanks, crack. :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Even Aerith was talking about him finding his light, which obviously means that she herself is not his light.

That's why the whole "there are two kinds of light, and Aerith is Cloud's inner light!" idea spurted up.

I don't think Aerith would tease Cloud either, pretending not to be his light, inner or not. Also, Cloud had a reaction to Tifa's bright light. With Aerith, he looked like this:

">_>"

The whole time she was talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom