The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

That's nice, but it's not so much about voting as it is about elaborating an argument based on citable evidence in favor of which lady (or other possible love interest) you think the game and compilation depicts Cloud as being interested in.

katimus_prime

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
EK

My bad. Sorry if that came off blunt or awkward. ^^; I was trying to be facetious and didn't really read all the rules or the most recent post. orz

I actually really do like Tifa because she has her feet on the ground. And if Aeris had lived, there would have been a mess when they all found out about Zack. That was a little light on the citable evidence, though. ^^;

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

From an interview:

A Final Fantasy VII fan interviewed Tetsuya Nomura for Dorimaga magazine and asked "How many girls has Sephiroth ever loved?". In reaction, Nomura spoke evasively in anticipation of more questions regarding Cloud and Tifa's love life, which have nothing to do with Sephiroth.

Tetsuya Nomura:
What kind of question is that? I've never thought about it. Honestly, I don't care who loves whom. I think you could imagine the scenerios that we don't mention however you want to. You could enjoy talking about that with friends. For example, I was frequently asked if there had been romantic relationship between Tifa and Cloud for two years, after FF7 ended, but I don't have any clue.

I dont understand why he would say "I dont have a clue"?
I am sure many of you have seen this before..

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Nomura seems to have the same reaction to the idea of Sephiroth being paired with people that I do. :monster:

Someone should edit that. Seriously... I'm still shocked at the amount of people who just assumed a relationship between Cloud and Aerith based on... she died?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Egads, that entire SECTION is made of fail! I don't know how the hell that person missed the plot of Tales of Legendia, but Senel's feelings for Shirley's older sister (and his now dead fiancee) and Shirley's crush on him are a macguffin to the larger plot, and Senel seems to ignore because she's his sister, to say nothing of the Senel/ Chloe shtick tossed in to confuse the mix.

And the FF7 section is little more than 'OMG Aerith so sad', which is irrelevant to the whole section.

FF8 a story of STAR CROSSED LOVERS? BUH?

I'ma go edit some of this.

Edited: Now to wait for instant reversion...

Addendum: Don't worry about it Katimus. It wasn't a command, my point was that it's not really up to the popularity of the pairing, but to the evidence.

Nice job. It makes a lot more sense now. XP

EGM was talking about the loss of a party member most gamers are attached too when they said Aerith's death "taught gamers how to cry". I read that article when it came out, had nothing to do with Clerith tru luv.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=53.msg11952#msg11952 date=1233158196]
Nice job. It makes a lot more sense now. XP

EGM was talking about the loss of a party member most gamers are attached too when they said Aerith's death "taught gamers how to cry". I read that article when it came out, had nothing to do with Clerith tru luv.
[/quote]

My note on my edit, among other things was 'FF7 section is almost entirely irrelevant to the subject'.
I also edited out the LoZ entry, reworked the Tales of Legendia bits (Shirley's interested in Senel, but Senel's oblivious back), and a FFVIII, where I noted that Rinoa pursues Squall, not that they are star crossed, since they damn well aren't.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

One thing that gets me though is...why would Nomura and the rest of the developers showcase Cloud and Tifa together in couple situations and highlight their true feelings for each other...and etc etc...

Even to the point of bringing up the risque scene under the Highwind...

But still remain so secretive about it?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

They wanna please everyone.
They know that as long as they don't say anything definite, the Clerith can still twist everything the way they like and they also know that the smarter people know that Cloti is canon anyway and don't need to have it spelt out. :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

That interview is from before AC was released. It may just be Nomura playing his cards close to his chest. He became a lot more forthcoming after its release.

Or, it may just be that he really doesn't care much about all the pairing business. He'd rather be designing black leather costumes. :duhard: LTD debaters get so preoccupied with pairings that I think their significance gets blown way out of proportion. Leather, zippers and kickass fight scenes are where it's at if you're a peter pan game designer.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg12000#msg12000 date=1233164925]Or, it may just be that he really doesn't care much about all the pairing business. He'd rather be designing men in black leather costumes. :duhard:[/quote]
Fixed :monster:

(And I'm not joking, at least about drawing men, he said that before [talking with Yoji Shinkawa].)

I think time should be taken into account when looking at these things. That Shokotan interview was before OTWTAS was released, and before AC. Saying 'why would he say C/T are lovers then say he doesn't know?' doesn't hold up because he said the whole 'lover' thing after than interview, after AC and OTWTAS were released.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg12024#msg12024 date=1233166506]
[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg12000#msg12000 date=1233164925]Or, it may just be that he really doesn't care much about all the pairing business. He'd rather be designing men in black leather costumes. :duhard:[/quote]

(And I'm not joking, at least about drawing men, he said that before [talking with Yoji Shinkawa].)

I think time should be taken into account when looking at these things. That Shokotan interview was before OTWTAS was released, and before AC. Saying 'why would he say C/T are lovers then say he doesn't know?' doesn't hold up because he said the whole 'lover' thing after than interview, after AC and OTWTAS were released.
[/quote]

It's kind of like how he open facedly LIED about Namine before KH:2 came out, saying she had no connection to Kairi. He wants people to watch his stuff, so he plays everything very close to the chest until it comes out and people can play it.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg12029#msg12029 date=1233167257]
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg12024#msg12024 date=1233166506]

[/quote]

It's kind of like how he open facedly LIED about Namine before KH:2 came out, saying she had no connection to Kairi. He wants people to watch his stuff, so he plays everything very close to the chest until it comes out and people can play it.
[/quote]

ahhh.. that makes a whole lot more sense than him not giving a crap about it
thank you

I cant remember what the other wiki says on FF7 in general though... but I do remembering reading some mistakes :o

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila

Case of Tifa was about Cloud's uncharacteristic pursuit of his lady-love
LULS.

Ever notice that whenever a game magazine talks about Cloud and Tifa, they're referred to as a couple?

EGM, 1up, IGN, the list goez on.

Stella

Pro Adventurer

I remember Tifa's profile on one of the wiki's says something about how we never know whether her feelings for Cloud are reciprocated or not. In fact, I think her profile on both of them says something to that effect. No telling what they got wrong about the whole game in general though. I'd have to go read it.

[quote author=Rinoa link=topic=53.msg12209#msg12209 date=1233191325]
Case of Tifa was about Cloud's uncharacteristic pursuit of his lady-love
LULS.

Ever notice that whenever a game magazine talks about Cloud and Tifa, they're referred to as a couple?

EGM, 1up, IGN, the list goez on.
[/quote]That's because the Clerith have not infiltrated those magazine's offices yet :monster:

I read an English gaming magazine recently (game informer?) that was talking about the best video game couple, Tidus and Yuna were on the list. They made a comment about how putting them on but not Squall and Rinoa, or Cloud and Aeris would get those supporters angry at them.

But they spelled her name Aeris so... guess that person who wrote it hasn't looked up anything FFVII related since... the 90s? XP

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Rinoa link=topic=53.msg12211#msg12211 date=1233192243]
we never know whether Cloud's feelings for Tifa are reciprocated (until after the game)

what it should say!

That's because the Clerith have not infiltrated square-enix offices yet

fixed!
[/quote]

They'll have some trouble with that one, then. I did that awhile ago. I'm not telling when or who I replaced, but I can say no one has caught on yet.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

Never heard of Game Informer. I have heard of IGN, EGM, and 1up though. They at least have a tiny bit (not a whole lot) more credibility than those numerous other game sites/mags.

LOL @ "best of" lists. Bests of lists are stoopid (always see them on gossip sites like ohnotheydidnt). The peeps who create them are usually stoopid as well, and usually don't know what they are talking about.

*agrees* I just thought it was funny that someone who is getting paid to write that didn't know what they were talking about, and on top of that, thought they were going to get hassled by shippers. :monster:

I only bought the magazine because I was super depressed about EGM going under half way through my subscription my sister got me for my birthday.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Cloud was searching for, and fighting for...

wait for it...

A thing to fight for.

No, really.

Same with Tina. Eventually the two of them decide that Frioniel's dream of a peaceful world where wildflowers can bloom.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

ANY pairing is better than Squinoa. :monster:

Oh look at me, not liking a canon pairing. But at least I don't deny it is canon. :P

[quote author=Lily Ella link=topic=53.msg12235#msg12235 date=1233200074]
Never heard of Game Informer. I have heard of IGN, EGM, and 1up though. They at least have a tiny bit (not a whole lot) more credibility than those numerous other game sites/mags.

LOL @ "best of" lists. Bests of lists are stoopid (always see them on gossip sites like ohnotheydidnt). The peeps who create them are usually stoopid as well, and usually don't know what they are talking about.
[/quote]

I'm quite familiar with Game Informer and can attest to its reliability. It is a Gaming Magazine that actually has some intelligence behind it. I used to be subscribed, and if I wasn't trying to pinch pennies so much right now I still would be.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I'm quite familiar with Game Informer and can attest to its reliability. It is a Gaming Magazine that actually has some intelligence behind it. I used to be subscribed, and if I wasn't trying to pinch pennies so much right now I still would be.

I've been subscribed to this mag forever it seems. x'> I always like the bit of sarcasm they throw into their reviews, and such.

ANY pairing is better than Squinoa.

QFT.

that was talking about the best video game couple, Tidus and Yuna were on the list. They made a comment about how putting them on but not Squall and Rinoa, or Cloud and Aeris would get those supporters angry at them.

But they spelled her name Aeris so... guess that person who wrote it hasn't looked up anything FFVII related since... the 90s? XP

Though in a different issue they were talking about the new Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith figures and they placed Cloud and Tifa together with Aerith off to the side saying,

"There's a new Cloud and Tifa. Oh, and that annoying flowergirl."

Edit: Snake and Eva were on the couples list! Do not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom