The Legend of Zelda (General)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's like Skyrim had a child with Legend of Zelda. This is amazing. I LOVe the climbing mechanics.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
No word. The Nintendo stream is still going (they're showing a lot of the new Zelda game, it looks amazing) but SE starts fairly soon also.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Oh god this game looks so amazing. I want to play it so much. Breath of the Wild is a cool name, I wonder what the story will be? And where at in the timeline the game will take place? Ahhh I can't wait!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
All the runes that you can use to do things later on, and the way that the little audio meter tracks how loud you're being is SUPER fucking rad. I love the interface and how it's all useful, but it doesn't feel like it's cluttering up the area UI.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Oh god this game looks so amazing. I want to play it so much. Breath of the Wild is a cool name, I wonder what the story will be? And where at in the timeline the game will take place? Ahhh I can't wait!

Apparently this is a Hyrule in a state of decay/ruins. Which is also why there will be no towns and such.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Apparently this is a Hyrule in a state of decay/ruins. Which is also why there will be no towns and such.
Sounds a bit like the first Zelda game! :monster:

They quoted that as their inspiration, so yeah :awesomonster:

Edit: I might be wrong, it could be that they said there will be no towns in the E3 demo specifically, not in the entire game.

Idk :wacky:

Edit2: “I can't share too much about villages because to tell you how the villages work, they're interconnected to the story and overall world.”

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Oh that edit has me curious now. I'm so excited for this game. :awesome:

This is from Kotaku, I haven't been watching E3 so it was good to get some more info on the demos they played and whatnot. The one who wrote the article is speculating that this takes place on the Wind Waker timeline due to similarities with the enemies, saying it could be in the Spirit Tracks world or be Hyrule after the ocean receded.
I'm sure this takes place in Hyrule, just from the glimpse of that castle in the trailer and from
ngq4hc5h1dp04e9vvqgn.png
which shows Mt. Hylia and Hylia River.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Just waiting for NX to get that firm announcement to kill the value of Wii Us for me... I simply don't play enough Nintendo franchises for it to be worthwhile for me to shell out for the newest console. Even as it stands there are only about 3 games I want for the U, and two of them are Zelda.

AvecAloes

Donator
^^ waiting for the NX to be announced so the Wii U goes down in price so Force buys one and I can play the three games that look good on the Wii U

>.>

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also, when Link wakes up in the beginning, apparently he's been asleep for about a century so that's kinda interesting.

I like how there's a bit of a sense of mystery and intrigue to this. You just wake up, head outside that chamber and you're in the open world and off to find out what you're supposed to do and what your purpose is. No overly long prologue, no excessive handholding, no overly helpful partner character.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past... I tried Ocarina but couldn't get into it. This though... This has me interested.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

It's about time they gave out a new title to the game. If it wasn't for the new NX console, the game would've been released this year.

I'm confused about the timeline as well, but while I think it's along the lines of the first original game, I can't help but think that it might actually be a remake/reboot to the original game, under a different title.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

These are apparently a 4-part thing and only the first two are up right now. I'll edit the others in if I remember.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
You can finish the game without finishing the story

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles," producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon. "Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that's an option totally up to the user."

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I actually watched some of the introduction video that you posted, X (during my internet bonus bytes so I didn't worry much :awesome:). The game looks so gorgeous and fun to play. I love that OoT Temple of Time ruins you get to see. Looks very old and like it was maybe attacked by those Guardian things. I really want to say this follows the TP timeline and not the WW or LttP one (but there's a Korok sooo.....).
Also wondering if the other races will be present in this game, like the Gorons and Zoras and the like. And more Hylians too?

Top Bottom