The Legend of Zelda (General)

Lex

Administrator
I probably won't play it for several years, but I'm buzzed for the community that are in to it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
C56KoyfWcAAs8Rr.jpg

Lex

Administrator
It has a ninety-eight metacritic. Jesus fucking christ. I don't think a game's had that high a score since the PS2 era, possibly before that.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
START WANKING NOW

I really want to get this, obviously Freybs is really into Zelda, though I think by the looks of it the controls are going to be a little more complex than she's used to.

So I dunno, I guess we could wait until the prices drop but.....hnnnnnngh.. I want to play it nooooooooowwww.

Lex

Administrator
Omg if I had a child that would be the perfect excuse to spend the money for a Switch and this game.

As it stands I have no such excuse and just can't justify it XD.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Breath of the wild is honestly one of the best games I've ever played. It's the first time since I was a teenager that I've sat up all night playing a videogame. It's awesome just exploring, finding new weapons. I haven't even really got into the story very much yet and only explored 3 sections of the map. Ff12 made me feel similar, where you can just go off a overpower yourself, not having your hand held or stopped from exploring.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
While I don't have a Wii U or Nintendo Switch, I did catch glimpse of the game yesterday on youtube walkthrough and I gotta say, I'm very impressed. I loved how they portrayed the new Zelda.

And thank god that they had english voice actors in this game too and not just english text like Hyrule Warriors did. About time they had english actors voice characters in games from Nintendo.

And thank god that they had english voice actors in this game too and not just english text like Hyrule Warriors did. About time they had english actors voice characters in games from Nintendo.

Voice acting in Zelda is gonna take some getting used to for me. I can see why they've changed over to it, but I always found the text + little voice snippets really endearing. I'm sure I'll adjust, but I kind of wish they did something like Midna in TP (or like in Ico or Shadow of the Colossus) - and have the characters have voices but in a fake language (or vaguely language-like sounds, whatever).

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I don't think I'll mind the voice acting, myself. It did/does have a certain charm to it when it's only snippets of voices here and there, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the voice acting as well. ^_^
Link still won't hardly speak though :awesome: I've always been at a crossroads on this fact; part of me wants him to speak actual sentences because I've always enjoyed his character and want to hear what he has to say (and have a LoZ fanfic I've been writing over the years but would love more Link dialogue to go by.)
At the same time, him being a silent protagonist in this day and age is really unique, and it definitely has a charm and a staple. They usually do a good job with his expressions as well. Skyward Sword had some scenes where his expressions and actions/sounds really affected me. I was impressed seeing how much emotion the game makers made me feel with no words ever being said.

Lex

Administrator
Been watching a playthrough and...

OK, the English voice acting is really bad. I don't know what it's going to take for Americans to realise that English accents aren't easy to produce - only a handful of American VA's or actors have ever pulled it off right IMO. There are three choices that can rectify this in any media - 1. Let the character have an American accent, 2. Let an actual English person do the VO, 3. Find an American that actually knows what an English accent sounds like. This has been going on since the dawn of audiovisual media, and it has to stop.

They're all ridiculously bad at it, it's immersion killing. And that's just the accents. The actual acting part is kind of shoddy as well. Nintendo have really dropped the ball here.

ChOcOboO

Game-changer
Wow. This game is getting rated to perfection, which almost makes me regret my purchase of a PS4 Pro and Final Fantasy XV, which was not the masterpiece the people hoped it to be.

One day.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Game finally arrived with a one week delay.

Been given a story quest marker.
Headed into the opposite direction to explore random shit. :awesome:

The Great Plateau looks so lush and beautiful. ;__;

Pixel

The Pixie King
Still just exploring, doing shrines. Haven't done any dungeons yet. I love that it just gives you the tools and trusts the player to use their own logic. The shrines really train you to experiment.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm surprised by how strong some enemies can be. Died a few times to Bokoblins and their flaming sticks Dx
I like that this game allows you to COME UP WITH NEW RECIPEHS, too :monster:
Also using this opportunity to get back into doodling on Miiverse. It's been too long :monster:

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Been exploring the Hyrule Field and wanted to see if I could go straight to the castle. Area is littered with Guardians that one-hit kill you though so I noped the fuck out. :monster:

WVW69kJIOYcRiyaC_O

They even have drones.

THANKS OBAMA

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I like how the shrines sometimes allow for different solutions.

There was one just now that had a ball maze where you need to guide the ball through it by tilting; in this case achieved by tilting the gamepad.

Turns out...

When you flip the gamepad over, the maze flips over too:

WVW69kJY8P8dUx0IjI

I let the ball spawn on that instead and then just used the momentum to flip the ball over to the left side, bypassing the maze shenanigans completely :wacky:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I think the kotaku review mentioned that, crazy.

I went over to friend's house yesterday to check out the game (felt like a little kid again, haha). It's very cool, certainly unlike any of the recent games in the series. I got a kick out of all the various weapon types, and the shrine mini dungeons are fun bite size puzzles that the two of us got to work out as a team. I can totally see how you could get lost in it for hours.

Someday I'll get a Wii u with that and TP HD, I looks forward to it.

Top Bottom