The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'll be in the main podcast tomorrow and I know my strengths and weaknesses and one of them is I talk nonstop, so I don't know that I'd be conducive to a "minisode". If nobody else signs up then I could join for a bit around 6 PM EST and try to contain myself, lol. You use Mumble or Skype?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
JT, Lex, Kuroto and I recorded a preview show that ended up being a bit longer than I intended (about 50 minutes after the edit). Take a listen, let me know if there are any problems - aside from the clipping/static, which is from Mumble - and if all is good, I'll front page it tomorrow. :)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Sounds great Flintlock! Like how you added the music in here and there.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
^ If that's a prediction, you should consider that One-Winged Angel and Aerith's Theme can only meet at the semi-final stage, so at least one of them must finish outside of the top two. Same goes for Jenova and Not Alone; they can't finish third and fourth. Do you want to try making a bracket?

So in the end, I had my final 4 correct.. just the placement because I didn't quite get what you meant. But doing the spreadsheet I do. :monster:

1. JENOVA
2. Aerith's Theme (I'm hoping against hope this'll beat out OWA but.... :wacky: )
3. One Winged Angel
4. You Are Not Alone

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So I tried taking a glance around and couldn't find it, but where's the list of all the songs nominated for the polls these past few weeks? Listening to all this music has made me realize a few songs that I wish were in the polls that I forgot to nominate at the time, so I'd love to see the list so I could coordinate with it and write up some nominations for next year. :)
(I'm hoping the list has songs sorted by the FF game they come from >,<)

Fangu

Great Old One
JT, Lex, Kuroto and I recorded a preview show that ended up being a bit longer than I intended (about 50 minutes after the edit). Take a listen, let me know if there are any problems - aside from the clipping/static, which is from Mumble - and if all is good, I'll front page it tomorrow. :)
Very nice! :monster:

Ghost X

@Flare: Can't find the thread you're after, but I don't think this would be a yearly comp, like the FF couples competition of 2013 was not a yearly comp :P. Pretty sure TLS held a similar music competition several years ago, so it may be a while until it happens again (unless there's demand for it or what not). I could be wrong.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
So I tried taking a glance around and couldn't find it, but where's the list of all the songs nominated for the polls these past few weeks? Listening to all this music has made me realize a few songs that I wish were in the polls that I forgot to nominate at the time, so I'd love to see the list so I could coordinate with it and write up some nominations for next year. :)
(I'm hoping the list has songs sorted by the FF game they come from >,<)
You can find all the songs nominated for this event in the first round spreadsheet. :)

Ghost is right, though: this won't be a yearly event. We have run a number of similar tournament-style events, for characters, couples, military powers (run by Ghost himself), and so on. I think it's been roughly one every year. It's quite possible that this one will come up again, but probably not for a few years. I hope you're still around then. :)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So this is my bracket predicted top 4:

First place: Melodies of Life (This is my dark horse)
Second place: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII
Third Place: One-Winged Angel
Fourth Place: Not Alone

Fangu

Great Old One
Also I forgot to say thanks for the shoutout in the Podcast, of course I voted for the esper battle music, I'm voting for all the XII songs, because obvious reasons are obvious :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
No problem. :P

The first four polls close in a few hours' time, at which point I'll lock everyone's prediction brackets. You can still get a preference bracket if you ask for one. :)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That's your predicted top four, not your hopeful top four?

No my hopeful top 4 would be:

First Place: Vamo Alla Flamenco Melodies of Life
Second Place: Aerith Theme
Third Place: One-Winged Angel
Fourth Place: Not Alone

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
@Flare: Can't find the thread you're after, but I don't think this would be a yearly comp, like the FF couples competition of 2013 was not a yearly comp :P. Pretty sure TLS held a similar music competition several years ago, so it may be a while until it happens again (unless there's demand for it or what not). I could be wrong.

You can find all the songs nominated for this event in the first round spreadsheet. :)

Ghost is right, though: this won't be a yearly event. We have run a number of similar tournament-style events, for characters, couples, military powers (run by Ghost himself), and so on. I think it's been roughly one every year. It's quite possible that this one will come up again, but probably not for a few years. I hope you're still around then. :)

Thank you Flint! :glomp:
Oh, I got it, so it'll probably be a few years before another music competition then. Well, this gives XV's music a chance to come in by that time I suppose. :awesome: I'll still write down some songs I'd like to include for the next music poll, because I really enjoy TLS here and all you people, so I'm pretty sure I'll be around for the next music poll. <3

I'm looking forward to next year's surprise polls. :joy: They sound like a ton of fun, just like this one is.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Just listened to the minicast! Well done by all! Flint, you were terrific as the host! I think I have to agree with Flint, my gut says the top 4 are going to end up all being from Final Fantasy VII.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I think I've still got some learning to do when it comes to hosting (and editing), but thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too. :)

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Loved the lil minicast, Flint! It had good pacing and everyone knew what they were talking about and yeah <3 very nice to listen to.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
So far it looks like half the songs I like are going through. Hopefully there are some good match ups in the final rounds, i.e. songs I like vs songs I dislike. :wacky:

Top Bottom