• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs: end of round of 32 report

These reports will be shorter from now on, since I'm not keeping such detailed statistics. Since there are just two songs in each poll now, our choices aren't as revealing as they were in the previous rounds.

We do have some predictions to review, but before that, let's remind ourselves of the final 16. The songs which have effectively improved their seedings (by beating a higher-seeded song in the round of 32) have their previous seedings denoted in brackets.
  1. Liberi Fatali
  2. Fight On!
  3. J-E-N-O-V-A
  4. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII
  5. Aerith's Theme
  6. Dancing Mad
  7. Not Alone
  8. One-Winged Angel
  9. Roses of May (24)
  10. Cosmo Canyon
  11. Melodies of Life ~ FINAL FANTASY
  12. Zanarkand
  13. Terra (20)
  14. Battle at the Big Bridge (19)
  15. The Great Warrior (18)
  16. The Darkness of Eternity
In the next round, song 1 will go against song 16, 2 will go against 15, and so on. In general, a song with a seeding of n will face the song with a seeding of 17-n.

Polls will be open for two days again, and I'll either be posting two polls per day. If you know you're not going to be around for the duration of a given poll, you can PM me your vote in advance. In the event of a tie, the song with the higher seeding will progress to the next round.

As for the predictions, Monterosa is currently leading with a very impressive 100% record, 16 out of 16. Chloe Frazer is in second place with 15/16, having incorrectly predicted that Vamo Alla Flamenco would beat The Great Warrior. I also made that mistake, in addition to thinking that Blinded by Light would beat Roses of May, which put me in third place with a score of 14/16. Ruby Rose and Commander Vimes had scores of 13/16, and bringing up the rear were Doc Brown and Kuroto, with 12/16 each - still not bad at all. The average (mean) score was 13.57/16. These scores can also be found here.

I'll be assigning points for correct predictions at an increasing rate as the event progresses - they were worth one point in this round, they'll be worth two in the next, three in the quarter-finals, four in the semi-finals and five in the final. The third-place playoff won't be worth any points; it's just for fun.

The first polls of the next round will go up very shortly. :)

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
It's over, One Winged Angel will come out on top up to the finals and will come out as the winner of this competition.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It's over, One Winged Angel will come out on top up to the finals and will come out as the winner of this competition.

OWA came out 8th with the most votes... I think it stands a good chance of being beaten. :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I predict that J-E-N-O-V-A will win. :monster:
I would vote for that song over every other song here without any hesitation. :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Today's polls will be a little late; I had to go out at the time I'd normally post them and I won't be back for a few hours.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
In a surprising turn of events, it has emerged that a number of votes in the rounds of 32 and 16 were cast "fraudulently". As a result, the votes of Jaqen H'ghar, Fenrir, Frostwave, mentaz, paoo and leftcoastkid have been annulled.

Thankfully, that has only affected the outcomes of two polls, both of which closed today: J-E-N-O-V-A has beaten Battle at the Big Bridge by 15 votes to 12 (it was previously 16 to 15 in the other direction) and Dancing Mad has beaten Melodies of Life by 15 votes to 10 (previously 16 votes to 15 in the other direction).

These new results won't be reflected in the actual forum polls, but as I've said before, my spreadsheet is the definitive authority for this event, and I've corrected things there. Sorry for the disruption.

A few votes will also be removed from Fight On!, Not Alone and Cosmo Canyon in the final tallies.

A few other users have been casting votes despite never having posted on the forum, but that's fine; we have no reason to suspect that their accounts have been used inappropriately. Still, if you're one of them and you're reading this, why not say hello? :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs: end of round of 16 report

Here are our eight finalists. The songs which have effectively improved their seedings (by beating a higher-seeded song in the round of 32) have their previous seedings denoted in brackets.
  1. Liberi Fatali
  2. Fight On!
  3. J-E-N-O-V-A
  5. Zanarkand (12)
  6. Dancing Mad
  7. Not Alone
  8. One-Winged Angel
It's worth noting that seven out of these eight songs were predicted to get this far - Zanarkand is the only surprise entry, having beaten out Aerith's Theme.

In the next round, song 1 will go against song 8, 2 will go against 7, 3 will go against 6 and 4 will go against 5. The differences between the songs don't seem to be so great any more; One-Winged Angel in eighth place has had a much more comfortable route to this stage than Fight On!, the number two seed.

Polls will be open for two days again, and I'll either be posting two polls per day, starting from this evening. If you know you're not going to be around for the duration of a given poll, you can PM me your vote in advance. In the event of a tie, the song with the higher seeding will progress to the next round.

Turning to the prediction brackets now, Monterosa is still leading, having correctly predicted the most poll outcomes in round of 32 and the joint-most outcomes in the round of 16. He's on 28 points out of a maximum of 32. Ruby Rose has moved into second with a strong showing in this round, while Kuroto and I are currently sharing third place. The rest of the scores can be found here. Not one of us predicted the demise of Aerith's Theme at this stage!

Correct predictions in the next round will be worth three points, increasing to four and then five in the remaining rounds. That means there are still 25 points up for grabs, though some people won't be able to score that many points, as their predictions for the semi-finalists, finalists and winner have already been knocked out.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Oh woooow....that first poll though...I wish we still had jokers. :D

I can't predict the results of the first poll. I do feel like it's going to be neck and neck. Here are my predictions for the rest of the polls:

1. neck and neck
2. Not Alone
3. Dancing Mad (for some reason I just feel like this one will win, which will make me verra verra sad)
4. Main Theme (why is Zanarkand even still in this competition?) :D

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Here are my predictions for the rest of the polls:

1. neck and neck
2. Not Alone
3. Dancing Mad (for some reason I just feel like this one will win, which will make me verra verra sad)
4. Main Theme (why is Zanarkand even still in this competition?) :D

I agree with on you on the first two, and I think the first poll will be the toughest. :doh:

But I'm gonna predict JENOVA to win over Dancing Mad, and I'm going to root for Zanarkand over Main Theme, though I don't know if it'll actually win.
And it's this far in the competition because it's beautiful and it's a miracle brought on by the magic of Christmas! And votes. Those too.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Here's what our top 100 looks like (updated after the end of the contest):

1. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (VII)
  2. Not Alone (IX)
  3. J-E-N-O-V-A (VII)
  4. Liberi Fatali (VIII)
  5. Zanarkand (X)
  6. Dancing Mad (VI)
  7. Fight On! (VII)
  8. One-Winged Angel (VII)
  9. Roses of May (IX)
  10. Cosmo Canyon (VII)
  11. Melodies of Life ~ Final Fantasy (IX)
  12. Aerith's Theme (VII)
  13. Terra (IX)
  14. Battle at the Big Bridge (V)
  15. The Great Warrior (VII)
  16. The Darkness of Eternity (IX)
  17. Birth of a God (VII)
  18. Vamo Alla Flamenco (IX)
  19. Prelude (multiple games)
  20. Words Drowned by Fireworks (VII)
  21. The Man with the Machine Gun (VIII)
  22. A Fleeting Dream (X)
  23. Don't Be Afraid (VIII)
  24. Blinded by Light (XIII)
  25. Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (IV)
  26. Jenova Complete (VII)
  27. Terra's Theme (VI)
  28. Battle with an Esper (XII)
  29. Anxiety (VII)
  30. The Decisive Battle (VI)
  31. Final Battle (X)
  32. Opening - Bombing Mission (VII)
  33. Cid's Theme (VII)
  34. A Place to Call Home (IX)
  35. Kiss Me Goodbye (XII)
  36. Listen to the Cries of the Planet (VII)
  37. The Price of Freedom (Crisis Core)
  38. Let the Battles Begin! (VII)
  39. Lifestream (VII)
  40. Maybe I'm a Lion (VIII)
  41. Servants of the Mountain (X)
  42. Fight With Seymour (X)
  43. Phantom Forest (VI)
  44. Ending Theme (X)
  45. Kefka (VI)
  46. Compression of Time (VIII)
  47. The Landing (VIII)
  48. Eternity ~Memories of Light and Waves~ (X-2)
  49. Aria di Mezzo Carattere (VI)
  50. Premonition (VIII)
  51. Calm Before the Storm (X)
  52. Something to Protect (IX)
  53. Find Your Way (VIII)
  54. Bran Bal, the Soulless Village (IX)
  55. Answers (XIV)
  56. Succession of Witches (VIII)
  57. The Extreme (VIII)
  58. Omen (VI)
  59. Vivi's Theme (IX)
  60. The Forested Temple (VII)
  61. Streets of Rabanastre (XII)
  62. Matoya's Cave (I)
  63. Battle 2 (IV)
  64. Under the Apple Tree (Crisis Core)
  65. The Castle (VIII)
  66. Only a Plank Between One and Perdition (VIII)
  67. Judgment Day (VII)
  68. Noel's Theme - Final Journey (XIII-2)
  69. The Chase (VII)
  70. Dust to Dust (XIII)
  71. Besaid (X)
  72. Black Mage Village (IX)
  73. Via Purifico (X)
  74. Yuna's Ballad (X-2)
  75. Battle 2 (IX)
  76. Kuja's Theme (Millennium Version) (IX)
  77. Silver Dragon (IX)
  78. Mount Gulg (II)
  79. The Rebel Army (II)
  80. Golbez, Clad in Darkness (IV)
  81. Court Jesters (IX)
  82. Shinra, Inc (VII)
  83. Festival of the Hunt (IX)
  84. Celes's Theme (VI)
  85. The Final Battle (V)
  86. Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (VIII)
  87. Movement in Green (X)
  88. Auron's Theme (X)
  89. Steiner's Theme (IX)
  90. Fang's Theme (XIII)
  91. Electric de Chocobo (VII)
  92. Besaid (X-2)
  93. The Legendary Beast (VIII)
  94. The Veldt (VI)
  95. Symphonic Poem "Hope" (XII)
  96. Battle to the Death (VI)
  97. Magitek Research Facility (VI)
  98. Freya's Theme (IX)
  99. Secret of the Deep Sea (VII)
  100. Setzer's Theme (VI)

I'm not ranking the other 180 songs in the event (101 through 280) because they were only briefly involved in the contest and could have fallen victim to bad draws or tactical voting. At least all the songs in the top 100 (plus Under the Rotting Pizza, Searching for Friends and Trisection) had two chances to shine.

What do you think? Which song is far too high, which song far too low? Is one of your favourites missing from the list entirely? This is just for fun; it won't change anything. :)

Last edited:

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
I love FF tunes so much, I think they're all far too low;). Besaid, Rebel Army, Battle 2, and Streets of Rabanastre definitely bum me out though.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Roses of May and Melodies of life are both pleasant themes, but...I mean...that's all they are - pleasant themes.

I have NooOOooOOooooo idea how the Legendary Beast is only ranked number 93. No idea. Nor do I understand why The Extreme isn't even top 20. :kermit:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Because everyone's opinion on them all differs? :awesome:
Though being honest, I was super surprised at Roses of May being so high in the polls too. I think the match-ups early on played a part in that.

It would be interesting to do polls like this but put the songs from the same game together, until we have the highest voted song from each game decided and then put those songs together.
So first we'd vote for what is the best song from each game, then we would vote out of those to see which song is rated the best out of all of them. I wonder which one would win?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
In theory, the same song that wins this event would win that one. :P It's every other ranking, from #2 downwards, that might be different.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^Because everyone's opinion on them all differs? :awesome:

tumblr_m28267siHx1rt4zloo1_500.gif

It's okay guys...I'll let it slide this time. I'll even forget about *grinding teeth* Zanarkand making it to the finals. :kermit:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
We need to make our finalized Top 100 Songs into a Poster or something. Also I may have missed discussion of this, but I gather the final 100 are getting a FP article? Maybe even a video on the Youtube Channel?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs: end of quarter-final report

Here are our four semi-finalists. Not Alone is the one remaining song which didn't start out with a top-four seeding; its original seeding is in brackets.
  1. Liberi Fatali
  2. Not Alone (7)
  3. J-E-N-O-V-A
In the next round, Liberi Fatali will face up to the Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (the poll is up already) and Not Alone will have to contend with J-E-N-O-V-A.

I'll be posting one poll a day from now on, and they'll be open for two days again, so you can weigh up every decision carefully. If you know you're not going to be around for the duration of a given poll, you can PM me your vote in advance. In the event of a tie, the song with the higher (original) seeding will progress to the final. The losing songs won't be completely out of the competition - they'll still have a chance of clinching third place, the final spot on our imaginary podium.

Turning to the prediction brackets now, Monterosa has extended his lead at the top from three points to four. He's now on 37 points. Kuroto was the only other player to correctly predict three of the four semi-finalists, and is now in second place with 33 points. Ruby Rose is in third with 31. The rest of the scores can be found here. There are 13 points still available, provided you have at least one "horse" in both of the semi-finals.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Yeesh 2nd from the bottom. I don't know you guys as well as I thought lol.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
and Not Alone will have to contend with J-E-N-O-V-A.

Crap on a cracker. That's gonna be so hard >_<

Also, third place, not bad not bad... I think there were some real surprises for us in some of those rounds. *coughhackAerith'sThemelosingsneeze*

:kermit:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I like all four of these songs. This is gonna be hard as hell. I'm really really curious to see what song comes out on top!

Top Bottom