The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Cloud x Lightning is the way forward. Speaking of which, what's this 'I will return in a world of strife'. That's a massive hint for an appearance in the remake.

In that she's Cloud, sure.

Is that... is that masturbation you think? Like a form of narcissism?

I mean, masturbation isn't narcissism, but it could be.

Like Cali. Her immediate first comment is paranoid accusations and talk of spies. Cali, I think, sees this as a war, not a disagreement over a storyline.

Second Edit: Hi Cali! I'm not such a fool to think that you're not watching this subforum. I'm not saying these things with the idea that it's behind your back. As I keep reminding you, your primary account here has never actually been banned and you can resume posting at any time. If for some reason that's not the case, then whatever ban you did have should have worn off long ago and we can reinstate the account.

You obviously have a beef with me talking about you here about what you said over there, but you're talking about what I said here over there, so let's hash this out in person. Whattaya say?

Cali? She's here?? I adore Cali, she's a real sweetheart. :properhug: I met her on FFF and she took care of me.[/QUOTE]

She's not here, she's over at CxA, and she is not fond of me in the slightest, to put it mildly.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
In that she's Cloud, sure.

Is that... is that masturbation you think? Like a form of narcissism?

I mean, masturbation isn't narcissism, but it could be.

Well I meant either or... would it be more masturbation or a weird sense of narcissism?

Like Cali. Her immediate first comment is paranoid accusations and talk of spies. Cali, I think, sees this as a war, not a disagreement over a storyline.

Second Edit: Hi Cali! I'm not such a fool to think that you're not watching this subforum. I'm not saying these things with the idea that it's behind your back. As I keep reminding you, your primary account here has never actually been banned and you can resume posting at any time. If for some reason that's not the case, then whatever ban you did have should have worn off long ago and we can reinstate the account.

You obviously have a beef with me talking about you here about what you said over there, but you're talking about what I said here over there, so let's hash this out in person. Whattaya say?

Cali? She's here?? I adore Cali, she's a real sweetheart. :properhug: I met her on FFF and she took care of me.

She's not here, she's over at CxA, and she is not fond of me in the slightest, to put it mildly.

Well, to be fair... you take some warming up to :monster:

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Leeeeeeeeeeet's not go there, people.

I mean seriously, the almost nonexistent love triangle is probably the least important part of the entire game. It isn't worth this.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

I mean seriously, the almost nonexistent love triangle is probably the least important part of the entire game. It isn't worth this.

.. isn't worth what? I'm confused

GiddyUnicorn

Pro Adventurer
AKA
That One Person You Don't Like Talking To
I'm actually still trying to figure that out actually. I was just playing Witcher 3 when my inbox blew up all of a sudden. Was having a moment with Ciri,
girl gave me a heart attack when I finally found her.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

The CPR minigame disagrees with you.

:awesome:

Okay, the SECOND least important part of the game. :monster:

.. isn't worth what? I'm confused

I'm just noticing discussion in the thread going in one direction and I am snuffing it out. :monster:

I'm actually still trying to figure that out actually. I was just playing Witcher 3 when my inbox blew up all of a sudden. Was having a moment with Ciri,
girl gave me a heart attack when I finally found her.

This post confuses me, though.

GiddyUnicorn

Pro Adventurer
AKA
That One Person You Don't Like Talking To
Oh I'm really just confuse at how many discussions are going on that was mainly rooted in Aly's thread. Just really behind right now and is still trying to figure out how everything fits...

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
So, how does Tifa know Zack? I understand Zack is a mentor to Cloud, and is Aerith's past boyfriend, but why does Tifa become silent after she hears his name in Gongaga? Note: I haven't played any Pre-Crisis FFVII.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So, how does Tifa know Zack? I understand Zack is a mentor to Cloud, and is Aerith's past boyfriend, but why does Tifa become silent after she hears his name in Gongaga? Note: I haven't played any Pre-Crisis FFVII.

latest

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I know you said no real spoilers but I'm trying to avoid all spoilers so I can't watch but are there ACTUAL pairings being shown or is it like in KH I where they show ONE pairing and a bunch of other videos and THEN show Cloud and Aerith?

tron

Banned
I know you said no real spoilers but I'm trying to avoid all spoilers so I can't watch but are there ACTUAL pairings being shown or is it like in KH I where they show ONE pairing and a bunch of other videos and THEN show Cloud and Aerith?
Nope. This time it's literally pairings only.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's the five seconds of Cloud talking to Aerith in KH2 before he goes off to have a side story that heavily involves Tifa.

It's just more of the same: SE yanking everyone's chain to rile up the fan base to keep us all interested and give them our money.

Later they'll do something Cloti-centric in another game.

And on and on and on like they have been doing for twenty years.

Last edited:

tron

Banned
It's the five seconds of Cloud talking to Aerith in KH2 before he goes off to have a side story that heavily involved Tifa.

It's just more of the same: SE taking everyone's chain to rule up the fan base to keep us all interested and give them out money.

Later they'll do something Cloti-centrick in another game.

And on and on and on like they have been doing for twenty years.
Bro, they both are listeted under the pairing section. It doesn't get more clear tbh. It seems SE will go full CloudxAeris in dat Remake

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Later they'll do something Cloti-centrick in another game.

I was just thinking this. There's been a lot of Cloti stuff in FFRK recently so it was really only a matter of time before SE turned up with something for the other team, being the ship teasing jerks that they are :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The World of FF video doesn't show anything but what we already knew (Cloud loves all of his friends, and is able to put the safety of the ones still alive over revenge on "the silver-haired swordsman" who "took someone away from me. Forever"), but the KH credits do show that continuity's Cloud and Aerith 20-some seconds into a solid minute of footage of inarguable pairings all around them. There's really no other way to read that one.

Of course, I've been saying for years that they're the pairing in KH, so this doesn't surprise me. Tifa doesn't even exist as a real, separate person from Cloud in that universe any more than Sephiroth does.

To extrapolate this out to FFVII's continuity or say it's a prediction for the remake of a game where he was in love with two people is silly, though. You're literally dealing with different universes and different circumstances.

Last edited:

tron

Banned
The World of FF video doesn't show anything but what we already knew (Cloud loves all of his friends, and is able to put the safety of the ones still alive over revenge on "the silver-haired swordsman" who "took someone away from me. Forever"),
You kinda reaching there, bro

To extrapolate this out to FFVII's continuity or say it's a prediction for the remake of a game where he was in love with two people is silly, though. You're literally dealing with different universes and different circumstances.
It's more like, that you can see in what direction SE is going shipping wise

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The World of FF video doesn't show anything but what we already knew (Cloud loves all of his friends, and is able to put the safety of the ones still alive over revenge on "the silver-haired swordsman" who "took someone away from me. Forever"),
You kinda reaching there, bro
By mentioning exactly what's in the video? Yeah, okay.

So I guess those fans who wanted to insist that it was romantic that Cloud was willing to fight a losing battle against Chaos for Tifa's sake in Dissidia can do that now again? Because I remember they were told "Cloud loves all his friends. He would have done that for any of them." Which I agreed with then and now, for the record. It's kind of like what happened in this video.

So, yeah, can they do that now or no -- "because reasons"?

tron said:
It's more like, that you can see in what direction SE is going shipping wise
Because of one alternate universe where he cherishes (his word) all his friends and another alternate universe where he looks set to end up with a chick who's real instead of a manifestation of an aspect of himself? That has bearing on a third universe where that one chick's counterpart is dead and the other's is real?

Again, just following the line of reasoning you're putting down: Were those fans barking up the right tree who said putting Cloud in a domestic situation with the woman who is alive meant "you can see in what direction SE is going shipping wise"?

Or are we still living in the one-way street days where stuff is only valid if it suits one preferred result, and the same stuff is invalid in any other context? 'Cause I'll be straight with you: I ain't going back. :monster:

We've got too many people using that kind of reasoning and then, ya know, voting. There's bigger fish to be ignored for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom