• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
There was an official? Final Fantasy poll recently with different categories where Cloud was 1st and Aerith was 3rd and Tifa 9th in the character category, and Aerith's theme was 7th in music category. Sephiroth was probably in there somewhere as well. As the four most prominent? characters I think they will definitely get plenty of attention, fleshing out and development in times to come. Also is it just me or does anyone else's heart go when this thread appears as active ?

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Also is it just me or does anyone else's heart go when this thread appears as active ?
What is dead may never die. That's right- House Greyjoy is Clerith.

Are there any rules about discussing LTD with the Remake? Technically it is considered a separate canon from the compilation. But also I don't know what the protocol is with spoilers for this specific topic.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Are there any rules about discussing LTD with the Remake? Technically it is considered a separate canon from the compilation. But also I don't know what the protocol is with spoilers for this specific topic.
We're still working out what specifics that's going to call for, but I'm of the opinion that for any sort of peaceful and sane discussion to be had going forward, we should start a new thread in which folks need to declare in their first post their terms with regard to what material they're working from/recognizing for their position -- e.g. the Remake? The original game? Both? With or without the Compilation? With or without Ultimanias and other source guides? With or without developer interviews? Cameo appearances in other games?

Where official translations of some material do not exist, are you counting fan translations? Where official translations do exist yet have been identified by fans as faulty, are only the official translations being recognized or is priority given to the corrections?

Does one incorporate marketing materials into their analysis? Amano's promotional illustrations?

Etc.

Participants then need to stick to what they have declared while others -- if not intending to respond to someone on more or less the same terms -- should just not get into an unnecessary back-and-forth of talking past one another for pages on end.

Again, this is all still being ironed out. I know I'm still overlooking something.

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
The LTD is going to get messy from what I’ve seen so far (as if it hasn’t already been). Obviously I can’t post spoilers yet, but it will be a very interesting discussion yet again.
I think it's obvious this time. There's a strong hint (some might call it easter egg?) during mission with a certain girl.
Average player won't notice it but Shippers will for sure.

Is this considered a spoiler?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Never underestimate the power of ambiguous shipper bait wrapped in new narrative and graphical packaging. :monster:

Even if context favors one side, it's the vaguest interaction could potentially be just pure raw meat to the other.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Thanks Tres
:kittyhug::kittyhug:

I'm happy from what I've seen and read so far. All that matters to me is that things manage to portray and depict well just how important and special both Aerith and Tifa are and how they compliment each other and even work together in their care of Cloud and if you took either one away something would be missing. Got to say the Jessie thing and what I've seen of the end of the game with spoilers is throwing on some fresh spice though. Definitely fuel for discussion, could be quite interesting, maybe I'll wind up becoming attached to spoilers too after all? :faint: That would be quite a feat since other material kind of failed to do so but these are fresh, exciting, and unexplored times who knows!

Lex

Administrator
Got to say the
Jessie thing and what I've seen of the end of the game with spoilers is throwing on some fresh spice though.
Definitely fuel for discussion, could be quite interesting, maybe I'll wind up becoming attached to spoilers too after all?

I don't know if I should have been more explicit regarding spoilers, but this "vaguebooking" type of comment should be tagged. It hints at something whether or not you're being explicit.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Clerith.com might be gone, but cloudandaerith.com is definitely still up. I can kinda jive with multiple potential ships (the game is open ended, after all, and I think Cloud has chemistry with all of his options), but Cloud and Aeris are my slight but definite favorite. The fans at cloudandaerith.com are a....very certain kind of dedicated.

I do think Tifa's legacy as a video game sex symbol has influenced the modern public's perception. I like Cloud and Tifa too, but like...I feel like she's the default favorite for people because of how iconic she is. (despite the game itself pushing Aeris on you pretty strongly, probability-wise)
Maybe this'll change as the general public plays the game - after all, Jessie had a bump in popularity on social media because people played the demo.

Chaoticgumbo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Clerith.com might be gone, but cloudandaerith.com is definitely still up. I can kinda jive with multiple potential ships (the game is open ended, after all, and I think Cloud has chemistry with all of his options), but Cloud and Aeris are my slight but definite favorite. The fans at cloudandaerith.com are a....very certain kind of dedicated.

I do think Tifa's legacy as a video game sex symbol has influenced the modern public's perception. I like Cloud and Tifa too, but like...I feel like she's the default favorite for people because of how iconic she is. (despite the game itself pushing Aeris on you pretty strongly, probability-wise)
Maybe this'll change as the general public plays the game - after all, Jessie had a bump in popularity on social media because people played the demo.

There is a US gamer article that just came out and talks about the love triangle and how the devs are trying to make their interactions more balanced.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/fi...s-interview-feature-tifa-aerith-cloud-romance

Chaoticgumbo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
There is a US gamer article that just came out and talks about the love triangle and how the devs are trying to make their interactions more balanced.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/fi...s-interview-feature-tifa-aerith-cloud-romance

That said, their is also a strong preference for Tifa too because of her role in the story and her connection to Cloud which cannot be understated. When the game came out, I remember Clerith to be the more popular ship by quite a significant amount but as more discussion and discourse happened about the game along with the release of Crisis Core, Cloti jumped up in popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom