The Love Triangle Debate thread of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD OR SUFFER HIS WRATH (ignore the opening posts at your peril) (Round 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
ok, so where do i start?

so.......

sorry for my dumb/trollish comments on this thread. if i offended anyone, whether by attacking or by my being stupid, im sorry. i must have been high of the famous free drug available to all: stupidity. so yea, super sorry to everyone.

secondly, you wont have to see me in a very long time, because i have decided whats been going on and how this became the largest LTD thread on the net (i mean this quite literally). what i mean is, im going to read through all the pages up to now. so you wont see me until 3-4 weeks from now.

alright, so good day to everyone. :D

(i also give extreme kudos to everyone who has been with this frustrating thread ever since page 1. you guys are my heroes.)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The scary (and sad) thing is that this isn't our forum's first long LTD thread, nor is it nearly the longest. From the archives:

The First Epic LTD of TLS forums — 731 pages
So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? — 500 pages
LTD, round 3: This time, we settle it with Jello Wrestling — 524 pages
The Final Fantasy VII LTD Thread — 255 pages
New year, New LTD thread — 170 pages

This all happened in less than five years. =(

And that's without even taking a guess at all the spam posts and/or unrelated interesting discussions (it happens sometimes) that have been split from LTD threads over the years.

Splintered

unsavory tart
And that's without even taking a guess at all the spam posts and/or unrelated interesting discussions (it happens sometimes) that have been split from LTD threads over the years.
Some of our most interesting conversations come out of those split threads. Like the forum purifies the interesting topics from this thread to keep the driveling madness from being diluted. Ah, bless the LTD and its inanity. For we will forever curse it and wonder why this is the most active thread, and then some asshole will come in claiming that Tifa is a selfish bitch and it will start all over again.

Last edited:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
The scary (and sad) thing is that this isn't our forum's first long LTD thread, nor is it nearly the longest. From the archives:

whoa..........just......:no:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

i'm having war flashbacks

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i want people to remember that i wrote a sonnet in a past thread

a proper full on sonnet

remember that

never forget

these things that happened

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Boy, half of me is disappointed I wasn't around for all of this... the other half of me is really happy I didn't know about all of this until after it was mostly over...

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
Boy, half of me is disappointed I wasn't around for all of this... the other half of me is really happy I didn't know about all of this until after it was mostly over...

Be happy, I've witnessed some of the LTD battles on Tumblr and it's still sort of going on and it can be very messy.

The Cleriths really hate Clotis there leading to fights. And when I mean hate, I mean despise.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Be happy, I've witnessed some of the LTD battles on Tumblr and it's still sort of going on and it can be very messy.

The Cleriths really hate Clotis there leading to fights. And when I mean hate, I mean despise.

Meh, that's just Tumblr, though. Everything leads to drama.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
alright: im on page 50 now, and ill just do my summary, and add my 2 cents in. although i highly doubt Chantara,Lady Lifestream,and Cleith Raven will reply, i have to get this off my chest.

and then looks around and he says "Damn!"......

this is a bit pedantic but whatevs. :/
actually no. cloud's explitive was much stronger than that. my japanese isnt fluent, but i could understand quite a bit in the japanese dub more than i thought, and for that i am pleased.

what cloud actually said was K-U-S-O, which translates literally to the S word. now, the subtitles may have said "Damn", but thats why you should depend sorely on japanese alone. or course, since most do not know japanese in the USA, and it certainly is best to depend on the subs, just always have a siren on the back of your brain that english dubs can warp some words into almost terrible translations.

for example, i was looking at (now one of my favorite games) crisis core subbed, and genesis said something along the lines of "There is another person you brought with you, am I correct?" zack backed away and shook his head (not very convincingly) and instantly replied "Ie" (EE-YEH), and the subs said "I didn't." literally, zack just said "No."
there are multiple ways to say no in japanese to say no, but the one zack used is the only ones used for statements or questions that are incorrect. genesis asked a question (but not really because he knew anyway), asking if he was right. zack, as ive said before, used the no that meant he was wrong, incorrect. you just cant go and say "Ie! Don't do that!" that would be the wrong way to use it. if your mother asked "Could you pick up that vase?" you couldnt use it that way either. but if your mother said "Isn't that vase pretty?" you could reply Ie, it wasnt. or if someone said to you "You like her, don't you?" you could use that too (whether you were telling the truth or not).
its not only used for questions, just as long as you use the incorrect "no".
for another example, if your brother asked "What time is it?" and your aunt said "It's 5:00", you could say Ie, its actually 3:36. 5:00 is wrong, or more strictly speaking, incorrect. or if someone said "I bet he'll be glad to see her", you could say Ie, you are absolutely sure he's slap her face at first sight.

the sub in crisis core almost (or basically) meant the same, but thats one of the reasons why im learning japanese. the english isnt literally translating (and i can understand they cant sometimes because it looks bad in grammar), but we can be sure it wouldnt kill them to just put up "no." in a way, the messed up the language. "no" and "I didn't" are both words of denial, but what if you are looking at a subbed anime and you see a girl ask her friend "Are you cold?" and her friend replies "Ie."
"I didn't?"
that wouldnt make any sense. but thanks to the translators, the closest you can guess is that she denied it somehow.

one more example is in an anime called Last Exile. two friends were begging this woman to allow them to deliver something. they said "Onanishimasu" (OH-NAY-NIGH-SHE-MAH-SU), which just means "please". the subs said something along the lines of "Please allow us kind woman! We'll do out best!" when i saw the lines, i was shocked. the translators just could have said "please". they didnt have to do all that!

were the children begging in both versions?
yes.
were they saying the same things?
well, almost.

like i said, if someone hears "Onanishimasu" in a completely different predicament - or worse, a man is being talked to - you'd think it was a terrible translation (and somewhat, it is) or the japanese used the wrong word. they should have just put "please" as much as zack should have been translated at "no". it would take quite a few animes or japanese subbed things to finally get the real meaning of "Ie and "Onanishimasu", of they got it at all. i could go on and on with my examples, but i pray you get the point. my points of these examples is that if you can be as close to the translation without any confusion, do it.

anyway, my overall point was that cloud didnt say "Damn". he said the S word, which is much stronger, and pretty close to the F word in my book. thats how much he cares about his tifa :D

His original name is Zacks.
I like 'Zacks' more than 'Zack'.
I'm not going to call him something different because the English translators weren't able to translate properly.

uh, no. this is a little off topic, but you are wrong. you see, in VII, "Zacks" belongs right with the Man That Are Sick. to the english ear, while it does sound like "zacks", the japanese are actually saying zacksu, their way of saying zack. the "u" sound is just hard to hear, especially when combined with the "s" sound. but if you listen closely, you'll hear it. you can hear the "u" sound, for instance, when the japanese say "angeal", because he doesnt have a "s" to be blended in with it. if you insist on using the "proper" translation, when you say zacks, you would have to put the "u" at the end, which would look quite silly in english.

for instance, when you hear genesis name be called in japanese, would you say "genesises" or "genesiss"? not only would this be silly, its wrong. its actually genesisu. the "u" once again being blended in with the "s" sound.

and what about sephiroth? would he be "sephiroths"? in japanese hes sephiroso - or sephirosu -. if you want to say it "properly", you would have to say "genesisu", "zacksu", and "sephiroso (or su)". if you dont believe me, fine. but thats the way they are said.

but i can understand if you like "Zacks" better. i like saying "aeris" better than "aerith" but i speak "aeris" and type "aerith" anyway LOL

he asks who did it, she replies, Tifa remembers Marlene, then collapses, and then looks around and he says "Damn!" before he lost consciousness during a Geostigma attack. Where is the romance there?

i really dont like this :( you're making this scene look like cloud doesnt even care about tifa as a friend. just as easily i could have said:

Sephiroth shoves his 'mune into Aerith's body, Cloud yadda yadda yaddas about her dying, then puts her body into the water to clunk the bottom the planet and she leaves the face of Gaia forever.

for something to romantic to cleriths (heartbreaking at best), i completely turned it to cold soup like *snap* that.

im not saying the Too Late scene is romantic (personally i like it in ACC when she is saved from the falling building) but you are making it seem like it isnt even an important scene. S/E thinks the opposite. this scene doesnt escape any pictures when talking about the movie, and on every time they have showed the presentation poster of the movie, they show 4 pictures - a face up on cloud, a face up on tifa, the Too Late scene, and sephiroth. this is shown when they showed the 15 minutes version (or 20, i forget) in italy. now, you maybe thinking the aerith hand scene wasnt made yet (it most likely wasnt) but when they showed it yet again they still showed the same pictures again. not the fatally romantic hand scene. only those four. on the reunion files, its used yet again plus when he falls next to tifa. and since you are rabid about AC more than ACC, even if you press stop on either disc of the 2 disc special collection, the Too Late scene pops up on the screen. (i hope im not seeming as if im taking merchandise as official canon. i would never want to do that.)

you're speaking as if you were the microphone or camera, just as i did with aeriths death. and that simply must not be. so, you've asked to not only be set straight, but to be in clouds eyes.

what the scene really displayed:
Cloud's face turned from a look of shock and confusion to utter concern as he dashed over to Tifa. With a quick move he picked her up a quickly called out her name. She didn't respond, and Cloud called out again. Tifa stirred, and Cloud demanded who hurt her, while frantically looking her over. Then Tifa exclaimed "MARLENE!" and fell down of a terrible headache. Cloud looked at her face in shock. (He hadn't seen her in a while and he saw her like this?) He scanned the room, but no-one was there. "Shit...." He spat. Then a familiar sound came. It was another 'stigma attack, and it was huge. Cloud stared at his trembling hand and his sight became blurry. His mind spun, and he collapsed next to her.

what the scene actually displayed:
Cloud's mind whirled as he caught carried the body of Aerith. She had just fallen into his arms;not even any dying words were said. What would they do without her? What would he do without her? He felt like screaming. He felt like crying. His body was going haywire. Cloud's heart pounded, his eyes blurred, and he held her closer.

He felt he did something wrong, he should have done something different, as Aerith went lower and lower into the water. But as she went down, anger and hatred towards Sephiroth was flamed even more rose within him. Cloud would never, ever, forgive him for what he did. Sephiroth took her and everything she had in one movement and vanished it all completely.

He had done it as if none of it mattered.

As Cloud silently walked back from the water, he made a choice. A choice he would never let go of until he was dead.

to make him PAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

(i apologies for those who have painfully read this. i was only writing what the scene depicted and tried to be as close to the characters as possible)

from that last paragraph someone might think a clerith wrote it. nope. both of 'em are mine. :D no, i DO NOT think cloud can love both women. the same way, anyway.

to be honest i almost couldnt stand aerith and fell in love with tifa at her escape from the gas chamber, but i cant change the canon of either scene. he cares about both of them. its just his feelings are different to each one.

clerith=friendship
cloti=romance and friendship (DOUBLE BONUS!!!!!!!!!)

also:
Although neither source says that Cloud voices his feelings for Aerith during the Date scene, the fireworks after Aerith says that she wants to meet Cloud sure suggest that they kiss.

XD i must admit. i was floored. i stared open mouthed. then i just broke out laughing.

i find it utterly hilarious that she would think that fireworks=kissing (im not even going into that argument) but a scene shows up with a man and woman who had just realized each other's feelings quite recently, are left alone, the man is struggling to reveal his feelings openly verbally, and the woman tells him to screw his words and apply them physically, and 'Tara DOES NOT see this? not even a tiny bit? aw, thats just flat denial. :(

this has to be the worst argument i have ever witnessed by any clerith. i must admit - and im not exaggerating - i blushed very hard at how terrible this argument was. i was very sad for her.

she is also contradicting her own idea. im not sure if she still supports it, but her signature of now says that "The LTD lives on"....but isnt she arguing that clerith is real, meaning that she WANTS to shut down the LTD?

"Oh, the LTD still lives on, but I choose Clerith as canon."

:/ that doesnt make any sense.

and correct me if im wrong but....

The quote was about Cloud opening his heart only to Tifa in the time after FFVII. However, Aerith is already dead at this point, so he can't say that he opens his heart to a person that isn't present in this moment.

......>.> did she just shut down her own argument in just two sentences what you guys were arguing for PAGES?

one last thing:
why can't Cloud love them both?

because that wouldnt satisfy anyone. :/

weeeeell im going to dive back at page 52 and continue onward guys. bye bye :D

Aerobalance

yukkuri shitete ne~
AKA
Rye
*As Aeris was slowly collapsing after being penetrated by Sephiroth's long, breathtaking sword as her ribbon was slowly being undone and her long, beautiful, chestnut coloured curly hair was coming from her Pigtail. Cloud hastfully makes an attempt to catch her in his arms.*

*His facial expression was in shock as she was slowly dying into his arms-- her eyes were closed, with tears in her eyes, gasping for air-- but the blood from the wound kept coming up. She started to see flashbacks of the time she saw her mother died right before her eyes; Elmyra's hand and her concerned, sad expression when she started to take Aeris to somewhere safe; when Aeris saw Elmyra in tears as she heard of the news that her husband died; the day she met and spent time together with Zack; his death; and the day Cloud and Aeris finally met each other. Aeris wished that she would have the chance to see Cloud find his true self with a possible relationship blossoming between the two-- to only find that it ended so tragically.*

*Aeris was spazzing out and the blood from her wound was overflowing-- there was no possible way she could've survived from Sephiroth's sword. She dies a short time later.*

*Cloud was looking at Aeris' body slowly and trying to smile to hold back the tears. He wanted to believe she was alive-- that this wasn't a nightmare. He slowly shake her to try to get her to respond-- to tell him that everything was going to be okay, that everything will be just like the way it was.*

*Cloud was utterly speechless. He swallowed the saliva from the inside of his mouth, and slowly muttered her name...*

Cloud: ....Aeris?

*Cloud begins to realize that it wasn't a dream. The weak smile he had, had quickly disappeared and the tears have started to flow from his eyes. He begins to shake her faster for a reply from her-- one response from her would have been a relief for Cloud.*

*Cloud finally had the courage to muster up more words after witnessing this tragic event*

Cloud: ....I'm in a fanfiction that was made in 5 minutes..

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I'm sorry, everyone. I'm done. I can't continue after these news and I'm sure you'll agree that neither can you.

b4be3121549b41d395553d49fec0183d_thumb.jpg

LightningAeris.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom