The Love Triangle of FFVII Part IV: A New Hope

Who does Cloud want to stick his love-stick in?

• Aerith

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Tifa

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Mukki

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Hell, on occasion I have no idea what Ryu is talking about because I'm a Biochem major and our jargon is entirely different than that of an English major.

If I somehow compared the LTD to the nondisjunction of chromosomes during late metaphase/early anaphase and stating that this aneuploidy is why a majority of shippers seem to suffer from some sort of Patau syndrome, then all of you guys would probably be like either 'wat' or 'SHUT UP NIN YOU'RE RETARDED'.

or so I imagine.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If I somehow compared the LTD to the nondisjunction of chromosomes during late metaphase/early anaphase and stating that this aneuploidy is why a majority of shippers seem to suffer from some sort of Patau syndrome
4wTrw.jpg

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
(also Ryu, the 'failed edit' bit was because I saw the previous post before the edit, and was amused that you felt the need for the edit; again, if I was being petty and a dick, you would know it beyond any shadow of a doubt, because I roll much harder than that).

And this still just feels like justification to me.

Ryu, 'affectionate teasing' is an extremely weak argument. Not getting into it, just pointing it out.

It's a completely reasonable interpretation given Aerith's personality, the up-ending of assumptions the story had just thrown us, and that Zack doesn't take it as a rejection.

The rest was fairly reasonable well done. Minus five points, though, for your habit of trying to convince the other party that you're intellectually superior to them by using big words in order to attempt to confuse them into making bad points. While it's a relatively legitimate debate strategy, it's common courtesy to be a fair sport. It also lends itself to the spiraling out of control thing.

The biggest words I used were 'discontinuity' and 'inviolate, both of which I do not consider that obscure. They're no 'defenestrate,' 'aeaeae,' or other book from the superior person's book of words. And I'm definitely not using any of the words I do to try and make people feel dumb.

Please note, however, that I'm not saying I couldn't keep up with it.

Also, seriously, soft positional bargaining won't work. /advice

Seriously, I wasn't doing it.

Ed: I almost forgot. Me? Get worked up over the LTD? Thank you for the lulz, sir :oscar:

I never said you were worked up over the LTD. I said you were worked up. And considering your argument with Teef about 'using big words' after this post, I don't think I was too far off.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
In order to sway someone's opinion, being deliberately intimidating, belittling, patronising and taking the intellectual high ground is not the way to do it, or so I've found in my experience.
Haven't spent too much time debating on TLS have you? Especially with Mako. :(

THIS IS FLASHBACK HUMOUR.

And I'm definitely not using any of the words I do to try and make people feel dumb.

Oh lol. I nearly cracked up at this. For the second time in as many days, stop trying to be superior and intimidating, it makes you look like an absolute clown. Loosen up guy :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh lol. I nearly cracked up at this. For the second time in as many days, stop trying to be superior and intimidating, it makes you look like an absolute clown. Loosen up guy :awesome:

Man, it must be fucking awesome to be able to know what I'm thinking when I apparently fucking don't!

Really folks, I'm not trying to be superior or intimidating or anything like it. Hell, what does it say about you lot that you're projecting that onto me?

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
All in all, it doesn't matter who Cloud loved.
Because now Aerith's minge probably smells like a binman's cuff.

Splintered

unsavory tart
lol. Acting intimidating on the internet.

If anyone actually feels intimidated by someone using big words on the internet then there is already no hope for them.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Ummm...Ryu? One, you certainly did, and two...that's not even close to an argument. xD

Also, if I don't play my part and act all huffy, it doesn't sell the charade =/

If I somehow compared the LTD to the nondisjunction of chromosomes during late metaphase/early anaphase and stating that this aneuploidy is why a majority of shippers seem to suffer from some sort of Patau syndrome, then all of you guys would probably be like either 'wat' or 'SHUT UP NIN YOU'RE RETARDED'.
The only one I didn't get was aneuploidy >:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ummm...Ryu? One, you certainly did, and two...that's not even close to an argument. xD

Said the man not making any argument, period.
You've accused me of doing multiple things in this thread. You have offered fuckall proof for any of them.

Also, if I don't play my part and act all huffy, it doesn't sell the charade =/

If'n you say so, Oh righteous master of knowing other people's minds better than they know their own.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I know you prefer to keep it all to yourself, Zee, but the whole world needs to experience it every once in awhile, to know what they're missing.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ohs no!!!1 I was imprecise in my wording and thus you've taken a dishonest fucking tactic while trying to lecture me on a supposed dishonest tactic I committed instead of providing any proof to support your accusations or offer any argument to any to the claims you've made! I am undone!

Seriously, You haven't offered any argument- any reason, any logic- as to any of the claims or points you've raised against me.
That's different from HAVING an argument with someone.

You can have an argument with someone without actually having an actual argument to offer.

Yeesh. I use words you find hifalutin and you bitch. I use simple words, you bitch. Ain't no pleasing you, is there.
Well, unless we fire up Ol' Betsy, anyways.

Vendel

Banned
"Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT...!!"

"OH! Oh, I'm sorry, but this is abuse."

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Ain't no pleasing you, is there.
Well, unless we fire up Ol' Betsy, anyways.
Thats a bit demeaning :/

I'm sure her name is Tiff anyway.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
But wouldn't another ugly, petty, pointless argument about resolved fictional romance subplots appear to take its place?

... I vote Harry Potter!

I'm in a very HP mood lately. :)

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Could anyone tell me what kind of interaction goes on between Cloud and Tifa in Ehrgeiz and Itadaki Street Portable?

I'm curious, mainly.

And those are the only other cameos they do except for Kingdom Hearts, right?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
i think maiden is canon

Since you're not blatantly trolling like some people, why do you think it's canon, and how do you think it still 'stands' in light of it being ignored and subsequently contradicted?

Could anyone tell me what kind of interaction goes on between Cloud and Tifa in Ehrgeiz and Itadaki Street Portable?

I'm curious, mainly.

And those are the only other cameos they do except for Kingdom Hearts, right?

In Ehrgeiz, since it's a fighting game, they do as much interacting as any other two characters- not much. In story mode, Cloud must always be fought before you can fight Tifa, and his title is guardian while hers is summoner. The other FF characters do not have matching titles like they do.

In ISS, it's random, but it's mostly cute little jokes and skits, largely depending on who else is in the game with them, though they do have a lot of skits just together. Aerith reacts most with IIRC Angelo from DQ8, certainly more than she does with Cloud or Tifa, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom