• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
bump for nomming lmao

pull draw out a poll for saturday if everything goes right in the wooooorld

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
FUCK i sent that early.

Anyway, these are the results so far

1. The Crow
  2. A Quiet Place
  3. Perfect Blue
Are our top three atm. As the votes stand now, the spots for the other two films are gonna be a toss-up between.

1. Alien
  2. Dracula
  3. Coco
  4. Sleepy Hollow
  5. The Thing
  6. Viy

VOTE!

534704778802888704.gif
534704778802888704.gif
534704778802888704.gif
534704778802888704.gif
534704778802888704.gif

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
So are all five top films going to be shown? Or is there going to be a second vote to decide which of them to show?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Heyo!!

So this is our schedule for October's Movie Night, which is happening on the 26th of October from 1200 UTC to the 27th, 0300. As a reminder, using the linked sheet, you can match up the UTC against your local time!

Schedule (UTC)
  • 11:30 - 12:00: Pre-Show: Fancy Wakes Up
  • 12:00 - 13:45: The Crow
  • 13:45 - 14:45: An Hour-Long Intermission
  • 14:45 - 16:15: Perfect Blue
  • 16:15 - 17:15: An Hour-Long Intermission
  • 17:15 - 19:15: Sleepy Hollow
  • 19:15 - 20:00: 45 Minute Long Intermission
  • 20:00 - 21:45: The Crow
  • 21:45 - 22:45: An Hour-Long Intermission
  • 22:30 - 00:15: A Quiet Place
  • 00:15 - 01:15: An Hour-Long Intermission
  • 01:15 - 02:15: Viy
  • 02:15: After-Show: Fancy Goes to Bed

TBH, I'm not 100% certain that I can manage to get a copy of Viy (lmfao), and if I can't, our closing film is gonna be a toss-up between any one of these back-ups....

1. Advent Children (Complete)
  2. Alien
  3. Bram Stoker's Dracula
  4. Coco
  5. Mean Girls
  6. The Thing

E X C I T E M E N T

Jairus

So how does it work? How do we actually watch the movies together? Is there chat while they're going on? I've never done this before. Sounds fun, though.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Heyo everyone!

It's the morning after our first Movie Night in a looooong while and I'd say that it was a....success!! All our films ran on time and folks were popping in and out all day. Ah, and I was laughing my ass off through most of it tbh lmfao you lot are a hoot. You know who you are!!

Special thanks to @Val for running two of the films when I wasn't able to and for being incredibly helpful as I was running this event in general. You're the real MVP!! And, of course, thank you everyone who stopped by and hung out with us! :) You all made the planning and the day-long streams so worth it!

Going into to next month tho, there are some thoughts that I wanna throw out there and get some potential feedback on!

So, as you've noticed, unlike Movie Night in the past, we weren't running this shite on Rabbit because Rabbit has become obsolete and has since been bought out by this company called Kast. As far as I understand, Kast cannot broadcast video between different folks unless all of these parties download an app, and the last thing I wanted was to ask folks to put more software on their computers, so that's why I opted to stream from discord using their beta service.

It's a bit wishy-washy at times because the stream doesn't always come out clean and will occasionally skip, so it isn't perfect, but I think it'll make do for now until Kast has similar web functions to Rabbit.

Also--one thing that stuck out to me during the course of movie night was the fact that, presumably because Discord's stream service is still in beta, we had a hard time watching videos from Google Chrome with sound. Usually, during the intermission of Movie Night, we'd have hour-long breaks to chit chat or watch Some Dumb Shit™ on youtube to pass the time. Because we didn't have that luxury, I felt as though the breaks felt unnecessarily long? And if we're to continue streaming from the Discord, I reckon I'd like to cut them in half or down to 45 minutes so that something is almost always constantly streaming.

The last thing I wanna ask.. do you lot want a movie night for November?

Movie Night sort of tapered off last year, a) because rabbit became increasingly unreliable and b) there were less and less participants coming round. I wondered if it became a matter of 'too much of a good thing'? So thus I wanted to opt for holding Movie Nights exclusively during major holiday seasons. Like October was Halloween and December is Christmas/New Years Movie Night and February is Valentines Movie night and so on. So we'd have them less often throughout the year, but they would also be a little more special every time that it happened I reckon!

THOUGHTS!?! I reckon I'm gonna run a poll. And I need to make some sort of survey at some point hmm.

Anyway... thank you!!

OH YEAH SHIT I FORGOT

I realised halfway through movie night that I totally neglected the forums throughout and wasn't posting updates like I would past movie nights. Feels bad, however, I reckon that this is how things are going to be moving forward! I'm still going to run polls here and grab suggestions, but on the day, I reckon all the buzz will be contained within discord henceforth. For me personally, it's just one less thing to worry about and I don't think posting on the forum makes any difference as far as participation is concerned...

OKAY NOW THANK YOU FORREAL LMAO.

Jairus

Sorry I missed it, I had my five year old son with me and since I use my 50" TV in the family room as my monitor (I work from home in addition to gaming), I couldn't really have spooky movies showing on it while he was there and could see. Also, I didn't know it was going to be through Discord, I haven't been on there very much so I wasn't aware of that. Maybe instructions could be posted here for future movie nights in case people don't see them in Discord? Thanks. And I hope there are more such nights, I'd like to get in on them when I can.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Fair enough, instructions are posted on the first post!

We will, indeed, have more events!

Jairus

Sounds good, thanks! When will we be able to submit suggestions for next month's movie night?

Top Bottom