The OG+the Compilation

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
@Pandemonium I’m surprised by your interpretation that you don’t think Cloud and Tifa get back together after ACC; don’t see that viewpoint often, especially from individuals who do agree Cloud and Tifa became a formal couple post-OG.
Its been a few years since I watched it. Maybe I'm remembering differently. I don't remember thinking they ended up together post ACC though. I'll have to watch it again:)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Its been a few years since I watched it. Maybe I'm remembering differently. I don't remember thinking they ended up together post ACC though. I'll have to watch it again:)
I always felt like the major point of the ending of ACC was that Cloud was/felt better now to be a good partner to Tifa and parent to Denzel. Especially IIRC the creator commentary (was it from the Reunion Files or an Ultimania?) said the Cloud’s conclusion in ACC was that he was returning to “his place with Tifa and the kids”.
Then there was also the bit in the Turks Side Story epilogue where Cloud compares his familial relationship status to Evan and Kyrie (plus Bits her little brother), who are are romantic couple, which is also post-ACC.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I always felt like the major point of the ending of ACC was that Cloud was/felt better now to be a good partner to Tifa and parent to Denzel. Especially IIRC the creator commentary (was it from the Reunion Files or an Ultimania?) said the Cloud’s conclusion in ACC was that he was returning to “his place with Tifa and the kids”.
Then there was also the bit in the Turks Side Story epilogue where Cloud compares his familial relationship status to Evan and Kyrie (plus Bits her little brother), who are are romantic couple, which is also post-ACC.
See, I never even knew about the Reunion files or Ultimania haha. I just went off of what I saw. Reading interviews and stuff definitely adds more context to stuff like this though. I also never got to read the turks side story:( I know it was translated on here, but I really want a physical book, damn it haha. I hate reading books online. I'll have to bite the bullet though:)

I just figured Cloud was going to be there for the "family" like he should be. Not necessarily that he was gonna be in a relationship with Tifa though. Now I really need to watch it again haha

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
See, I never even knew about the Reunion files or Ultimania haha. I just went off of what I saw. Reading interviews and stuff definitely adds more context to stuff like this though. I also never got to read the turks side story:( I know it was translated on here, but I really want a physical book, damn it haha. I hate reading books online. I'll have to bite the bullet though:)

I just figured Cloud was going to be there for the "family" like he should be. Not necessarily that he was gonna be in a relationship with Tifa though. Now I really need to watch it again haha
I suppose that’s a valid interpretation if one desires, but I never really interpreted it that way, especially with how much Tifa and Cloud are framed as being Denzel’s current mom and dad. I feel like it would be awkward for Denzel if the narrative was implying that his adoptive parents weren’t getting back together.

Oh, there’s also another bit of post-ACC content (aside from DoC and the Turks Side Story epilogue), the AC/C DVDs also came with a bonus “Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII” featurette that is largely a recap of the OG events but it also includes some intermission scenes of Cloud making deliveries post-ACC and planning on getting stuff for Tifa so she can close up the bar for a day, so he, her, and the kids can go and have a picnic.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
I suppose that’s a valid interpretation if one desires, but I never really interpreted it that way, especially with how much Tifa and Cloud are framed as being Denzel’s current mom and dad. I feel like it would be awkward for Denzel if the narrative was implying that his adoptive parents weren’t getting back together.

Oh, there’s also another bit of post-ACC content (aside from DoC and the Turks Side Story epilogue), the AC/C DVDs also came with a bonus “Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII” featurette that is largely a recap of the OG events but it also includes some intermission scenes of Cloud making deliveries post-ACC and planning on getting stuff for Tifa so she can close up the bar for a day, so he, her, and the kids can go and have a picnic.
awn no, it's been so long since I last watched this... the feels :sob::sob::sob::sob:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I think that still leaves it open for an alternate interpretation though. I've seen many people, co parent like that, without being in a relationship. Unless SE has said they are together post ACC, I think its still debatable.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
oh god we're not going to end up back on 'no actually cloud is planning to visit a random field to chase a lens flare' again

i'm back in 'nam
maybe Cloud really likes lens flares. as a way of coping with his trauma from the events depicted in the Compilation, he decided to start chasing lens flares the way some people start tagging butterflies

It's like groundhog day, huh?
at least the Groundhog Day loop only took Bill Murray a day. in this case we're going to have to repeat the last 5+ years and…

:nogod:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think that still leaves it open for an alternate interpretation though. I've seen many people, co parent like that, without being in a relationship. Unless SE has said they are together post ACC, I think its still debatable.
I mean the various Ultimania and Reunion files effectively do say that (also I'd say Cloud and Tifa never really "broke up" pre-ACC in the first place, it was more Cloud severely dipped out emotionally because of the major issues he was suffering from).
This section from TresDias' 2013 article has a great list of SE statements regarding their relationship status https://thelifestream.net/reviews-a...td-analysis/a-puppet-who-can-see-the-strings/
But I think this statement from Nojima is pretty indicative of Cloud and Tifa being together after ACC.
Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 9.16.35 PM.png

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I mean the various Ultimania and Reunion files effectively do say that (also I'd say Cloud and Tifa never really "broke up" pre-ACC in the first place, it was more Cloud severely dipped out emotionally because of the major issues he was suffering from).
This section from TresDias' 2013 article has a great list of SE statements regarding their relationship status https://thelifestream.net/reviews-a...td-analysis/a-puppet-who-can-see-the-strings/
But I think this statement from Nojima is pretty indicative of Cloud and Tifa being together after ACC.
View attachment 5897
Remember though, I'm coming from a place that hadn't read those yet haha. Give me a few, and I'll read through em. Maybe it'll change my perspective

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
View attachment 5897

"Given, then, that we are told numerous times — including in passages that don’t mention the different versions of the scene; and, in the case of the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, a book that doesn’t mention the different versions of the scene anywhere between its covers — that feelings were exchanged between Cloud and Tifa that evening, the High Affection version must have taken place."

OK, so this makes the high affection HW scene, not just "variable evidence." It was canon.

Holy shit, man! That was a lot to read through lol

Based on all that, it looks like the creators made Cloud and Tifa together, even into DoC. My interpretation of events don't matter, if the Ultimania and official statements say otherwise

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Your interpretation was actually surprising. I think this is the first time I've seen an interpretation such as yours, i.e. they got together, broke up, and then got together for the sake of the kids without romantic entanglement.

I must admit, I found it to be a weird interpretation.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Your interpretation was actually surprising. I think this is the first time I've seen an interpretation such as yours, i.e. they got together, broke up, and then got together for the sake of the kids without romantic entanglement.

I must admit, I found it to be a weird interpretation.
Its because that's something I would do. I would have no problem living with my best friend, even without the romantic entanglement, if it would be good for the kids. I'm not saying everyone would, but I can't be the only one in the world lol.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Its because that's something I would do. I would have no problem living with my best friend, even without the romantic entanglement, if it would be good for the kids. I'm not saying everyone would, but I can't be the only one in the world lol.

I wouldn't be able to live with my ex in the same house like that. But different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Though I'd say that kind of unconventional decision is more uncommon.

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Tbh living with your ex for your kids sake would probably do more harm for those kids than had you simply split up.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
I've seen it work out really well, but only because there was no animosity between the two exes. They were legitimately best friends who had been married, had a kid, and realized they were happier not being romantically entangled with one another.

I don't doubt that. Just that such an arrangement isn't too common and that normally one wouldn't interpret Cloud and Tifa to have such an arrangement, and that an interpretation otherwise is genuinely surprising (although not totally unbelievable).

Top Bottom