• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The one true angel

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
SEPHIROTH.

This is a fan club to the Great Sephiroth. Talks about his shampoo are in curage^_^ and what he true does when "messing around in the company training room" :monster:

No flames please.......oh I really need to reword that^^;

Also, no religion-izing on here.

Members
-----------------
Sephirothpaine
Cthulhu
Dark and Divine
Daryl Falchion
Balthea
Tennyo
Tetsujin
Countess Ariadne
hitoshura
Sephirayne

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
To add to the no flames please, I'd like to add another rule that prevents rabid fangirls from going crazy on whoever denies the existence of the dude and/or who doesn't like him - you get the idea. Also, no religion-izing on here or gtfo.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Yeah, no fucktard pls, in any category.

I rather liked Sephiroth in Crisis Core. He and Zack were pretty funny together.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Indeed! I liked the part when Sephiroth and Zack were talking on the phone and Zack screams at Sephiroth's ear and he moves his head away from the phone.

I also liked the way that Sephiroth seems reluctant to confront Angeal and Genesis because they were his friends.

This is more noticeable after the training room flashback, when Sephiroth looks at that Angeal Copy and says: "So it's true! You two allied with Hollander" or something.

His face at that time shows his discontent with all that situation.

But my favourite moment is when, in the Nibelheim Reactor, Genesis goes all theatrical about Jenova Project and offers an apple to Sephiroth, and Sephiroth casts away the apple and gives Genesis a polite and sophisticated version of "f*ck off".

All in all, i think that CC has helped to give more dimension to Sephiroth's character.

Anyway, i thought that if we are gonna have a Sephiroth fanclub, some media is required.

So, here's my personal Sephiroth gallery, completed with artwork, CG artwork and FMV pics from FFVII, AC, ACC, CC and Dissidia.

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/Dark_and_Divine/Sephiroth/?start=all

Highlight of the gallery:

Sephiroth00.jpg

Best Sephiroth pic ever, imo.

It shows how otherwordly and graceful Sephiroth is, while at same time being intimidating and having a certain evil look in his eyes.

I was never a fan of his until Crisis Core. Seeing him as more of a regular guy, seeing him turn... it felt like his character was finally being given justice. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ditto that. I really really liked Seph in Crisis Core. I had never enjoyed him for anything more than the thing Cloud has to kill, but after CC he seems much more like a tried and true three dimensional character.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=232.msg5291#msg5291 date=1230898992]Also, no religion-izing on here or gtfo.
[/quote]

I'll add that to the rules, I love sephy but..........not enough to start a religion.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=232.msg5896#msg5896 date=1231118880]
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=232.msg5291#msg5291 date=1230898992]Also, no religion-izing on here or gtfo.
[/quote]

I'll add that to the rules, I love sephy but..........not enough to start a religion.
[/quote]

Ditto this. I would have been been more inclined to post in the Sephiroth club at ACF had it not been for all the "This is a religion," crap. :/

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And the batshit insane admin that headed the club. :monster:
I was expelled from Sephyism because I said there's a fanboy in all of us. Lol. :duhard:

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=232.msg5916#msg5916 date=1231122488]
And the batshit insane admin that headed the club. :monster:
I was expelled from Sephyism because I said there's a fanboy in all of us. Lol. :duhard:
[/quote]

.......Oh...my. On what grounds did they expell you on though.

I mean I'm a fangirl, and I'm quite pround of that. I don't see it as an insult.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Probably because they didn't like fans, only religious zealots that sold their soul to a CG character, :monster:.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Were they actually serious/strict about the whole religion thing? I thought that was a joke, but being banished is pretty bloody crazy :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm sure they held Sephiroth up as their own personal Jesus, which is just wrong on a million bajillion different levels. :P

That being said enough talk about crazy zealots. Let's talk about Sephiroth!

I'm interested in his family life. It seems obvious that he was not fond of his father. But poor Lucrecia, he never even knew her. :(

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I only joined Sephyism around page 600, so i think that i missed all the religious mambo-jambo, but i thought that it was more a SY's thing than anything.

"Sephyism is not just a fans club, it's a religion"

Those were more or less the first words in the intro post. The next few pages were made of just pure fanboyism, but nothing on the religious level, if i remember correctly.

And the last 200 pages were just about an interesting and healthy discussion about Sephiroth's character.

However, there's still a gap of more or less 300 pages that i didn't put my eyes on, so maybe that was the time that the religious thingie went crazy.

I'm just glad that i didn't get involved in that.

I mean, i'm a Sephiroth fanboy, no shame in admiting it. I liked him from the first moment i layed my eyes on him and my admiration for his character never diminuished in the last 11 years.

Sephiroth, Kefka and Kuja are my favourite characters ever! I bloody adore them!

But in the end, they're just characters from videogames.

They're not real.

So, to me, it's a bit over the top worshipping fictional characters as gods, or stating that one feels true love for someone who isn't real.

But enough of that for now.

I'm interested in his family life. It seems obvious that he was not fond of his father. But poor Lucrecia, he never even knew her.

I wonder if Sephiroth knew about Lucrecia after absorbing the Lifestream and the knowledge in it when he was regenerating his body in the Northen Crater.

If he was able to find out about Jenova being an alien lifeform and not an Ancient, it is likely that Sephiroth also discovered all the truth about his tainted birth and about his parents.

That said, i think that he probably didn't even care about the fact that he had a mother. An human mother.

He already decided to lead a path away from his humanity. All his human traces were eventually forgotten and erased.

Of course, if Lucrecia had the opportunity of raise him normaly, things would be completely different. But I wonder how would Sephiroth react when he would find out that his birth was a part of a scientific experiment and that his mother voluntered herself to it.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
If there was serious religious undertones in that thread I missed it, or it didn't impression on me, but then I'm a more "casual" Sephiroth fan than some of them so who knows? I dun care and I certainly don't care to talk about ACF here. Fuck knows I had enough shit when I was there. >_>

I don't believe in any religion marlarky nor did I do all the "squeeing" that I found so annoying by some "fans", those supa-serious zealots and the high-pitched fangirls...I tend to just like chatting about his character for pure entertaiment value.

I tend to liek to explore characters past the surface level because being a writer I want to know what makes them tick so I can recreate the character-creation process. Like him or not, Sephiroth is an icon from the FF series, and that maeks you wonder...why?

I think this boils down to a very clever (or lucky) process of feeding information into the gamer. Sephiroth is talked about a lot in the game and when you finally encounter him he's beating the shit out of monsters your character can't even look at without biting the dust. This creats an aura of awe around the character.

And as much as I liked FF7, Crisis Core really delved into his character. I think they made him likeable, but not in a way that ruined his character, but in fact in enhanced. Sephiroth became someone you could see having the steps before his feet and becoming the creature known as the One-Winged Angel. It's not an entirely known process, and thankfully so, since mystery is part of his power. But it gives us just enough to want to know more...

I've probably gone on too much at this point, but I've enjoyed discussing his character over the years. No, I don't think he's God. No, I don't think he's real. No, I don't think I'm gonna marry him or have his kids (and thank fuck, dude's fucked in the head!). I just happen to think he's a character worth chatting about.

And isn't that what this is about?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
http://www.pledgebank.com/Sephyism, :monster:.

I and many others are trying to make real our religion. Our god is the One Winged Angel Sephiroth. The main villian of Final Fantasy VII.

You may mock having a video game character as a god but while all other faiths are making weak arguments as to how there god exists all we need do is pick up a copy of the game and play it.

I and many others believe people have the right to choose whatever religion they wish. This aside from bringing Sephyism to the world will also allow a greater freedom to all religious people in the entire world.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=232.msg6315#msg6315 date=1231269790]
http://www.pledgebank.com/Sephyism, :monster:.

I and many others are trying to make real our religion. Our god is the One Winged Angel Sephiroth. The main villian of Final Fantasy VII.

You may mock having a video game character as a god but while all other faiths are making weak arguments as to how there god exists all we need do is pick up a copy of the game and play it.

I and many others believe people have the right to choose whatever religion they wish. This aside from bringing Sephyism to the world will also allow a greater freedom to all religious people in the entire world.
[/quote]

That is really disturbing. Even for a Sephy fan like me. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=232.msg6315#msg6315 date=1231269790]
http://www.pledgebank.com/Sephyism, :monster: .

[/quote]

Oh wow. Just...wow. Words escape me...

Let's laugh at some funny fanart now:
http://lyanti.deviantart.com/art/Sephiroth-One-Winged-Angel-67525189
http://yoruryu.deviantart.com/art/Sephiroth-43527984
http://pokelai.deviantart.com/art/Daffy-Sephiroth-30757839
http://zelda994612.deviantart.com/art/Sephiroth-is-NOT-happy-79061047
http://snowbunnyluv.deviantart.com/art/Final-Fantasy-Sephiroth-40843181
http://yusagi.deviantart.com/art/Sephiroth-Is-34591693
http://capsicum.deviantart.com/art/Chibi-Sephiroth-6483740
http://panpanini.deviantart.com/art/Sephiroth-53939019

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=232.msg6505#msg6505 date=1231346656]
I thought the Sephyism LJ was as bad too, but turns out not to be, :/.
[/quote]

What's the difference in Sephyism and Jenovaism?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=232.msg6539#msg6539 date=1231358649]
What's the difference in Sephyism and Jenovaism?
[/quote]

It's not Jenovaism, it's Jenova's Witness. :monster:

Top Bottom