The one true angel

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Yeah, this is a pretty consistent style that he uses. Although I love the poses personally, I find the use kind of boring in general. I mean, couldn't he have tried something different? I also think there's something wrong with Sephiroth's hands. oO

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I don't think he really uses it. He can levitate/fly off/whatever without it in FFVII, so~

Angeal and Genesis actually using it irritates me. D:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Vampire Hunter D link=topic=232.msg9388#msg9388 date=1232382282]
So, age old questions: how does Sephiroth fly with only one wing? :P
[/quote]

Fart winds. :monster:

That, or magical powers. I believe the wing is just decoration...or maybe the origin of the magical flight powers which disregard actual physics because they're magical. Duh. :duhard:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
roffles.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree it's nothing more than decoration. I mean that would totally fuck with laws of gravity, etc.

although at the end of FF7 he does have a half dozen wings and does seem to use them, so it's possible he'll grow more one day.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
Eh, the Safer Sephiroth wings may still be just for decoration as well. Having them stay perfectly still throughout the battle would seem... awkward? XD

Does he seem to use the wing in Kingdom Hearts? I can't remember...

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=Countess Ariadne link=topic=232.msg9400#msg9400 date=1232384443] Eh, the Safer Sephiroth wings may still be just for decoration as well. Having them stay perfectly still throughout the battle would seem... awkward? XD Does he seem to use the wing in Kingdom Hearts? I can't remember... [/quote]
I don't recall him using his wing in the games ( I haven't played 'em for a while so can't be sure.) I always thought that he levitated more tbh.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
That is true. The wings might not be doing any sort of floatation or propelling. They might move simply because he's breathing, talking, etc.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
So, age old questions: how does Sephiroth fly with only one wing? :P

Fart winds. :monster:

That, or magical powers. I believe the wing is just decoration...or maybe the origin of the magical flight powers which disregard actual physics because they're magical. Duh. :duhard:

I agree. Maybe the wing provides Sephiroth the power to fly without it being present.

Although in the recent ACC trailer, Sephiroth seems to flap his wing before clashing with Cloud.

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=Vampire Hunter D link=topic=232.msg9377#msg9377 date=1232379096] Yeah, this is a pretty consistent style that he uses. Although I love the poses personally, I find the use kind of boring in general. I mean, couldn't he have tried something different? [/quote]
Forgot to put this in my other post but what poses would be better/different then?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Crucifiction always works, :monster:.

I found the original cover pretty neat, although one could say that it's a lot like the Matrix and/or they seem to be in stasis.

Another awesome cover would be just the women of the movie, nekkid, sexing. In fact, do the whole movie like that, we've all seen the other stuff before.

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=232.msg9427#msg9427 date=1232390294] Crucifiction always works, :monster:[/quote] what, as a pose? Kinda what I thought when I saw the cover. I thought the original wasn't epic looking enough tbh
Another awesome cover would be just the women of the movie, nekkid, sexing. In fact, do the whole movie like that, we've all seen the other stuff before.
It's not quite Debbie does Dallas is it lol.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
ACC Sephiroth in Hi-res:

Sephiroth107.jpg

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=232.msg9449#msg9449 date=1232397967]
ACC Sephiroth in Hi-res:

Sephiroth107.jpg

[/quote]

That is so epic^_^, I can't wait till ACC^_^
Thank you.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Funny thing...I can't stop looking at Sephiroth's eyes.

There's something...overwhelming and fearsome in the looks in his eyes.

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=232.msg9449#msg9449 date=1232397967] ACC Sephiroth in Hi-res:
Sephiroth107.jpg
[/quote] Can I be greedy and ask for more? :monster:

That is the gaze you see from the serpent-eyed Satan before he takes you away to hell. "Hell" in this case being his negative lifestream.
Beware, the morning star will give you despair.

Seriously, seeing that hi-res image makes me imagine what a wonderful experience it would be if I bought a blu-ray player and ACC... Oh, and Sephiroth is a cool dude too. Despite all the evil and what-not.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Shademp link=topic=232.msg9462#msg9462 date=1232399817]
That is the gaze you see from the serpent-eyed Satan before he takes you away to hell. "Hell" in this case being his negative lifestream.
Beware, the morning star will give you despair.[/quote]

Nice comparison1 And your last phrase is somewhat poetic. And cool.

Can I be greedy and ask for more?

I'm sorry, but i don't have more! :'(

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
OH HOLY CRAP, I want that picture as a wallscroll. If it exists, it will be MINE.

As for the poses thing, well, it's just that Sephiroth high in the sky isn't something I an't seen before. I much perfer this recent shot, which has him in some very dynamic pose. Maybe I'm picky.

Another question, do you think SE will ever truly kill of Sephiroth?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Define "truly kill." :monster:

Sephiroth has been defeated in FFVII continuity post AC.

But Sephiroth will never truly stop appearing in subsequent Square-Enix merchandise, games, etc. He's too popular and economically viable.

As long as Cloud continues to be popular, so will Sephiroth. They're like a pair.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Oh yeah, SE knows they've got a cashcow here, but I just wondered if they continue to milk it or give it some sort of respectable finish. I mean it's obvious it'll have to be some sort of good triumphs over evil end, but how exactly will that happen? Some epic battle to the death? Or will we always have some inkling that Sephiroth will return?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think Advent Children Comple is Sephiroth's respectable finish in FFVII's continuity, but we'll always see him. Either in flashbacks, other series (Kingdom Hearts, a Dissidia sequel, etc) and he'll just be with us, like Super Mario is to Nintendo :monster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Vampire Hunter D link=topic=232.msg9494#msg9494 date=1232404622]
Another question, do you think SE will ever truly kill of Sephiroth?
[/quote]

I hope so. And i think that S-E is remaking the AC battle scene to make it even more epic and depict Sephiroth as the One Winged Angel in a way to, at the same time, pay homage and say goodbye to Sephiroth.

At least, that's what i'm hoping for, because Sephiroth was at his prime in AC, in terms of power and such.

If he was bond to return again, what would they do? Making him even more powerful, only to be beaten again?

Seriously, that would be pointless and would only serve to diminuish Sephiroth as a character.

His ressurection in AC was cool and well thought, but i guess that another one would be a bit over the top.

People would look at him as if he was some pushover, instead of the majestic being/badass he is.

I really hope that, in the next Compilation title, Sephiroth will only appear in flashbacks (for instance, when passing by the Forgotten Capital, a flashback of Sephiroth killing Aerith...) and being referred in dialogue in the main plot and with several NPCs around the world, in a way to show how Sephiroth marked the lives of everyone, both for good and bad reasons and that his shadow still lingers in the planet, even though he's dead.

That would be much more classy and tasteful than having Sephiroth to return only to be defeated again.

Top Bottom