Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Only having about five and a half hours sleep.

HOW CAN SOME OF YOU PULL ALL NIGHTERS?! D:

Also, database errors. Bitch.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
The fact that my life sucks and I have to keep cheering myself on with stupid little things, while everything else is basically shit. Whatever I do, I fail at it, so whatever.

Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to exist on the first place!

butcherthegirl

Don't Waste Ma Time
AKA
butcher, Jian
Playing fuggin Itadaki Street Portable (it's like monopoly) and using fuggin Sephiroth as your character. when you almost WON two guys fuggin caught up and your character began getting fuggin bad luck! Like, kept on throwing fuggin ones and twos at the dice OR kept on landing on people's tiles and have to pay those fuggers money. In the end, you fuggin lost.

For God's sake, you're fuggin Sephiroth, man! Aren't you supposed to be the ultimate villain of FFVII? Ya know, the one that wanted to drop a big fuggin meteor on the Planet? How can you do that to me? Come on. Feh.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
A bunch of this stuff (particularly the first two items) doesn't really piss me off so much as it just kind of bothers me.
  • I'm scheduled to work a half hour earlier each day next week. Despite putting this first I'm not actually sure whether this pisses me off or not, since it means an extra half hour without irritating questions from stupid customers. However it also means I have to get up half an hour earlier.
  • The fact that the only answer I ever got as to why my last relationship dissolved was "We don't have anything in common anymore" (which I didn't think was exactly true) has made me paranoid about having things in common with people before even wanting to date them. I recently came to the realisation that there's probably no one I know whom I'd consider dating right now for pretty much exactly this reason. Getting to know more people isn't likely to change this either. I'm kind of at a loss for what I ought to do.
  • Most of the store was zoned (that is, returns were pulled and the books were placed in order) last week. You already can't tell. In computers you can't even tell that returns were pulled from part of it; the camera guides section is overflowing with books and there are at least ten that won't fit. Digital photography isn't much better. The whole thing is in no semblance of order whatsoever. Several other sections were nearly as bad. Crafts & Hobbies, meanwhile, is the worst I've ever seen it, even though it can't have been redone more than two weeks ago.
  • Just to add to my hatred of the art/crafts/cooking section, I got stopped literally every two minutes for a large part of the time I was shelving books there today. Most of these were exceedingly stupid questions, like someone seriously didn't see the business section that was literally the next row off to their right. It's pretty obvious that people spend more effort looking for someone to interrupt than they do looking for the answer to their question.
  • Getting several dozen books from some stupid hack author and having to cram them all in rather than being able to face out titles from someone who's actually worth reading. We should have ten copies of American Gods, not ten copies of Wizard's First Rule. And why the hell are we getting so many copies of that book now? The television series it's a promo for was already cancelled and has already concluded its run.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Not being able to sleep; and then, not being able to wake up!!! ARGH!

>fill out application for school
>miss deadline
>will probably work retail forever
being a failure sure feels great

*hugs*

Im dying.
man_flu_web.jpg

LOL

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
  • Most of the store was zoned (that is, returns were pulled and the books were placed in order) last week. You already can't tell. In computers you can't even tell that returns were pulled from part of it; the camera guides section is overflowing with books and there are at least ten that won't fit. Digital photography isn't much better. The whole thing is in no semblance of order whatsoever. Several other sections were nearly as bad. Crafts & Hobbies, meanwhile, is the worst I've ever seen it, even though it can't have been redone more than two weeks ago.
Dude.

A-fucking-men to that. Zoning takes FOREVERRRRRRRR and it goes to shit almost immediately. And I'm someone who takes pride in maintaining at least some semblance of order =/

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's even more infuriating when it's a section I've zoned myself. Luckily I don't have to do that terribly often. Even so, when I'm shelving I'm pretty gods damned obsessive-compulsive about having stuff in some semblance of order, or at least pulling books that obviously don't belong, and this shit seriously slows me down pretty badly. I've even been told not to worry too much about the order, but when there's no semblance alphabetical order to be found that's pretty much impossible. It's worth noting as well that there are actually some sections that are always so bad that we've just completely given up trying to make them alphabetical at all. Crafts & Hobbies is one of these. A long time ago we actually tried to maintain alphabetical order, but we're so understaffed these days that it's pretty much impossible.

That reminds me of another pet peeve: Books that don't have the authors on the cover or the spine. What the hell are the publishers of these things thinking? Christian publishers are particularly bad with this shit, I've noticed; I find this example particularly infuriating since it's one of the sections we actually try to keep in order, but about one in thirty books in that section doesn't list an author. It's completely counter-intuitive. If you want people to buy your book, they have to be able to find it. A lot of the time the author is something you wouldn't even be able to guess. This crap wreaks havoc on alphabetical order because even customers who want to keep things in a decent amount of order have no idea where to put it. There are some sections (the art section is a notable offender) where something like half the books don't have authors listed. It drives me up the wall.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i was gonna work on finishing my homework last night

but i started playing re:alistair and got a really shmoopy ending with shiro

and then i look at the clock and see it's 11:30

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
RE_Alistair_promo_poster_by_tooaya.jpg

its dis bro

ALSO I GOT MISTER UKEFACE HEADPHONES OVER THERE IT WAS SHMOOPY SHIT

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Cold weather. I have to wear mittens to type, and my feet hurt even when I'm wearing the thickest socks I have :/

Ghost X

- Going to weddings / parties where you pretty much don't know / can't relate to anyone, therefore come across as a retard.
- Li Na not winning the Australian Open Tennis Tournament.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
  • Getting thanks and being unable to work out what post they're for or who gave them to me.
  • Writing a good post that everyone probably skips because the board software doesn't know how to paginate threads correctly and thus it tells them the first unread post is on the page after said post.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
posts like this:

"Why did the feminist cross the road? to suck my dick."

I want to throttle this asshole on tumblr I don't even understand this douchebag I even wrote up a huge rant that I will probably not post because he's not even worth my time ugh /rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom