Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Wait... LUNCH? wth
I can understand the importance of getting to classes like math on time. But srsly, LUNCH? What, you have some high percentage of anorexics or something?

Uh nope. They just feel that it's imperative that we make it on time to the least important class of the day. I mean Lunch isn't even considered to be an actual class, besides getting your food and shit, it's pretty much a leisure period. Why the fuck does it matter if I just happen to be :quote: late because fifty-something kids couldn't move their lazy sweaty asses up to go into the cafeteria? :@

It's just so stupid . . .
My school is just stupid, period.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
How the eff do you take attendance then?

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
How the eff do you take attendance then?

I.D. checks, which is another thing that pisses me the fuck off.
At least our principal's leaving in a few months . . . or weeks if we're lucky . . .
Not that it was good before, our school I mean but he made it a lot worse.

But yeah, basically they have us swipe our IDs through this scanner so they can tell which person belongs in the specific lunch period.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Oh my God! A person in authority doing their job! What injustice has befallen me.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
People my age around here whom I've known since elementary, they've grown into utter retards and dicks I'd rather spend my time with my new and older mates. Infact, other than college, some of the people during highschool - elementary fucking sucks.

kenobi

boosh
AKA
RANDYYYYYY
I'm thinking a lot of kids end up ditching during this "leisurely" time of lunch and possibly never come back. This might be a way of keeping track of the students to have proof that they were still on the school's campus, in the building at a certain period of time. After all, a school has to account for each student. They're in charge of you guys during the day and can be held legally responsible if something happens.

Kind of odd, if you ask me. It's not like it's going to prevent anyone from leaving. It may give the students more incentive to stay (at least some of them), though I guess this sort of acts as a means of relieving accountability from the school to the students.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Ah, I see. That makes more sense now. Still, there should also be the option of leaving campus to go get food that isn't available in the cafeteria. Like healthy food, which was strangely absent in my HS a few years ago.

kenobi

boosh
AKA
RANDYYYYYY
Ah, I see. That makes more sense now. Still, there should also be the option of leaving campus to go get food that isn't available in the cafeteria. Like healthy food, which was strangely absent in my HS a few years ago.

Some schools do that, but it really depends on the location of the school, administration and the principal; especially depending on the student body and whether attendance is good or not. If the staff can trust the students to be responsible enough and come back on their own and it works, then sure, I bet they'd be more inclined to.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
My thought was they just don't want you hooligans causing mischief in the hallways so they want to make sure you're in the cafeteria by the time that lunch bell rings. Gtfo my lawn.

In my high school, lunch was split into three separate lunch periods and 5th period class went on while some students were at lunch. So there was a legitimate concern for students wandering the hallways and going to distract their friends who were still in class while they were at lunch. But they didn't take attendance or anything, and we had no fancy swipe cards. Or cellphones or iPods. Or electricity, cars, or indoor plumbing. Actually the cafeteria was just the back of the cave.

Last edited:

kenobi

boosh
AKA
RANDYYYYYY
It's possible that could be the reason as well. In my high school, they had two lunch periods A and B. This split the students in half so that so many were still in class and so many were having lunch and vice versa. I think it helped, especially with the open campus. Kids were able to leave as long as they came back before their lunch period was over. Actually, I think they changed that though because a lot of kids were ditching.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
This is gonna be one of those TMI things just FYI:

Hemorrhoids that go away one day and come back the next

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
My thought was they just don't want you hooligans causing mischief in the hallways so they want to make sure you're in the cafeteria by the time that lunch bell rings. Gtfo my lawn.

In my high school, lunch was split into three separate lunch periods and 5th period class went on while some students were at lunch. So there was a legitimate concern for students wandering the hallways and going to distract their friends who were still in class while they were at lunch. But they didn't take attendance or anything, and we had no fancy swipe cards. Or cellphones or iPods. Or electricity, cars, or indoor plumbing. Actually the cafeteria was just the back of the cave.
In MY day, we had to walk 40 miles to school, in the snow, uphill each way. Without shoes.

I kinda get the crowd control bit, keeping people in the cafeteria or whatever, but taking attendance? Seriously? That's really a worthwhile use of your time and the taxpayers' money? =/

On my tits today:
-People in general
-My roommate (can't fucking WAIT to gtfo of here)
-Lack of communication with the person I talk to EVERY day at great length. Call it what you want, but I felt lonely, stfu
-Crazy fogging of the inside of my windshield, intensifying glare from lights x10
-Plain ol' shit days

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
rofl

your pain amuses me
well you'll be happy to know:
I just tried to take a dump and there was bright red blood everywhere... seriously, this thing went away yesterday... all though maybe eating Alfredo wasn't the best idea...

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Goddamnit I just laughed.

I'm going to hell.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Would you like more details? I'll post em if you enjoy them so much XD

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The fact that you actually took the time to type that up is most amusing of all.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Maybe you have a particularly vicious tape worm?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
mom: Will you be needing to use the bathroom for the next 30 minutes?
me: Nope, I just got out of the shower and am about to eat, so now would be the perfect time for you to take your shower!
mom: Okay!

- 30 minutes later -

mom: Okay, I'm going to get in the shower now.
me: JUST NOW?! O.O But I just spent the past half hour in my room eating and the bathroom was empty! Now I need to get ready for work.

...I really need a mirror in my room. ><

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
ABSENCE OF CLOCKS

mentaz

bubbles
So, one of my closest friends is pregnant and just turned 19 last week. I asked her if she took the pill she said no, and started to lecture me how some women get cysts from taking the pill and that contraceptives aren't 100% safe bla bla bla...When she ended her monologue, I asked her if they used any kind of protection, in which she looks at me like I'm really stupid and then answers me with a stupid smile on her face "Nope"

The funny thing is that she would always criticize other girls for getting pregnant at a young age, when they have so much information about how to prevent that from happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom