Things Tifa is not (Common Tifa misconceptions)

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
You know I've been seeing alot of Tifa misconceptions and bullshit flooding around in this fandom and most of them seem to be on Youtube. Anyways I just want to clear up some warped views on Tifa and shed some light on who she really is and not who rabid fans *think* she is. :monster:

1. Tifa is not a stalker: This must be the most LOL worthy Tifa rumor in the whole fandom. Apparently people actually believe that Tifa is some psycho stalker who is obsessed with Cloud and clings to him when he doesn't want anything to with her. Newsflash people: Cloud was the one chasing HER, not the other way around, hell Tifa barely noticed him at all when they were children. I don't know where this misconception came from, that Tifa is always on the short end of the stick, but its wrong and honestly quite hilarious. :awesome:

2. Tifa is not mean/a bitch: Where the hell did this rumor come from 0_0 Hell Tifa's one of the sweetest most sensitive people in the party, I mean she's a freaking mother figure!! She LOVES kids!! I really don't think a total bitch would be so good with kids, hell Marlene would of probably ran away from her and told Barret that Tifa was mean. :monster: Sure Tifa can be sort of standoffish at times but thats just because she's really quite the shy girl and has a introverted personality. She hides all of her emotions inside and it's hard for her to express herself but really she's the sweetest person once you get to know her.

3. Tifa is not a pushy nag: Really....people really.....Where the hell in the game does she do any nagging at all?? Can someone please point this out to me?? Because I don't see it at all in the game. The only time she remotely nags is in AC and that's only because Cloud is being secretive and all emo and she's tired of his bullshit. (I would be too) She's also pushy for a good reason. If she wasn't, the whole team and Cloud in particular wouldn't know their left foot from their right I mean hell if it weren't for her Cloud would of probably never met Aeris and saved the planet because Cloud wouldn't have stayed in Avalanche. Plus she's actually been reffered to as the "mother" of the group, so its kind of her job to try to push everyone when most of the party members are emo, angsty, whiny people :monster:

4. Tifa is not a bully: She never once picked on Cloud at all it was her friends in the village that were doing it, she never participated or approved of it at all. She was just the popular girl in the group who all the bullies liked, that doesn't make her the head "Queen Bee" or anything. Tifa actually wanted to get to know Cloud and took an interest in him right away even before their promise she wanted to be friends with him. She never snubbed him out of her group, WTF game were you playing people!!??

5. Tifa does not "get around": Ohh boy the rumors I've seen that she screwed all the boys in Nibelheim who liked her, or the fact that she had a affair with Johnny......People we're talking about the pure-hearted girly-girl who has always loved Cloud since they made that promise and even remembered it years later. The girl is a true traditional girl at heart who really, really loves Cloud. I sincerely doubt she would just be playing with Cloud's heart and having Johnny on the side. Really, people c'mon, just because they spent time together ONE time in Costa Del Sol doesn't mean Tifa was knocking boots with him. They were just having a friendly conversation and its quite obvious that it's completely one-sided on Johnny's part, especially when he seems to be quite jealous of Cloud with that comment he made in Wall Market about Cloud going off with another girl when he has Tifa. He probably knows that Cloud is the one Tifa really loves and he knows he can't compete with him.

Finally the most common misconception about Tifa in the fandom and the one that annoys me the most.

6. Tifa is NOT a slut/whore/prostitute: Apparently people seem to think that just because Tifa has big boobs, she's the biggest slut on the whole planet. WTF PEOPLE!! HAVING BIG BOOBS DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE A SLUT!! Hell we're talking about the girl who's too shy to even admit to Cloud her true feelings for him, I highly doubt a girl like that is some sex-crazed hooker. (And no Don Corneo doesn't count, he obviously captured her against her will) Tifa has big boobs simply because Nomura decided for her to have big boobs and he can do whatever he wants because he's the FREAKING CHARACTER DESIGNER, GET OVER IT AND STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT!! Besides Nomura obviously did it to give the male players fanservice, it was not meant to be a part of Tifa's characters, just eye-candy courtesy of Square. Also its quite mysogynitic to women (such as myself) when I hear that a women can get labeled as a slut just for the size of her breasts, WHICH IS OUT OF HER CONTROL, IT'S A BIOLOGICAL FACTOR!! Seriously just stop bashing Tifa because of her boob size because again it's really quite mysogynistic and offensive to women.

And that's about all the fandom misconceptions about Tifa that Tifa haters like to use. All of them are ridiculous and I just wanted to shed some light on Tifa's character so that the haterz can take their hating somewhere else.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Regardless of whether or not these are still frequent misconceptions, or anyone here needs this said, or any of that....

Points 5 and 6 are basically the same and are redundant.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
GA: Its Just
GA: Laborious Listening To This
GA: Im Sorry
GA: None Of It Matters

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I'd be more inclined to read and respond if we hadn't discussed this in three other threads your font wasn't hell on my eyes.

seriously, please fix it

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm pretty sure Tifa's a slut though. At the very least, the slum drunk. Look at how she dresses.

And I also saw somewhere that she was a futa. Are we sure these misconceptions are really misconceptions at all?

I challenge the validity and worth of this entire thread. Clearly if these statements are on youtube comments, they're indicative of fandom at large and are truth.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
And that's about all the fandom misconceptions about Tifa that Tifa haters like to use. All of them are ridiculous and I just wanted to shed some light on Tifa's character so that the haterz can take their hating somewhere else.

I'm confused as to the necessity of this thread, EAG. People haven't been bringing those claims up in here to start with.

I won't close the thread since Mako et. al. didn't, but I really don't see what the need is to combat statements without owners.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'm confused as to the necessity of this thread, EAG. People haven't been bringing those claims up in here to start with.

I won't close the thread since Mako et. al. didn't, but I really don't see what the need is.
i am half-tempted to make a things aerith is not thread now

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

I won't close the thread since Mako et. al. didn't, but I really don't see what the need is to combat statements without owners.

I suppose she is attempting to address common false viewpoints in the fandom.

But I wouldn't know since attempting to read the OP gives me migraines.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
i am half-tempted to make a things aerith is not thread now

Lol, I was tempted to do the same thing when I read this thread xD.

But yeah, most peeps, if not all, on here don't really go by these misconceptions at all. I've seen these in other places, but as already said, they've been addressed in several threads here now.

~ Raz

This is why I have all that stuff turned off.

You people have terrible ideas of what looks good for fonts and font colours.

Even with it off though I'll say the OP is unreadable. teel deer written for the wrong forum or something.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I wholeheartedly endorse a 'Things Aerith is not' thread with the most outre things about Aerith no one believes.

For example, Aerith is totally not a drug lord who uses that Patsy Don Corneo to keep the authorities off her tail.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
1235954-this_thread_again_super.jpg

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
1. Tifa is not a stalker: This must be the most LOL worthy Tifa rumor in the whole fandom. Apparently people actually believe that Tifa is some psycho stalker who is obsessed with Cloud and clings to him when he doesn't want anything to with her. Newsflash people: Cloud was the one chasing HER, not the other way around, hell Tifa barely noticed him at all when they were children. I don't know where this misconception came from, that Tifa is always on the short end of the stick, but its wrong and honestly quite hilarious. :awesome:

But who says that? Because this is the first time I have ever heard about it. But erm actually, Cloud wasn't chasing anybody (except for Sephiroth because you see, he's pretty gay for him), Tifa was the one following him just because he was acting like he was lobotomized 3 weeks prior to their meeting in Midgar. At least that's what I remember.

And in Advent Children she's just worried about him.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Cloud is being secretive and all emo and she's tired of his bullshit.

If she wasn't, the whole team and Cloud in particular wouldn't know their left foot from their right

most of the party members are emo, angsty, whiny people

Thank you for you heartfelt defense of Tifa but is it neccesary to put down everyone else in the game so utterly and completely to raise Tifa up?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i also want to make a 'things feferi peixes is not' but i think only like 3 other people would get it besides me :sadpanda:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i also want to make a 'things feferi peixes is not' but i think only like 3 other people would get it besides me

Could I also make comments on the misconceptions surrounding just how many irons Vriska has in the fire?

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
This is what Tifa is:

THE HOTTEST FF CHICK EVER.

Don't even try arguing that. :monster:

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
I'm pretty sure Tifa's a slut though. At the very least, the slum drunk. Look at how she dresses.

And I also saw somewhere that she was a futa. Are we sure these misconceptions are really misconceptions at all?

I challenge the validity and worth of this entire thread. Clearly if these statements are on youtube comments, they're indicative of fandom at large and are truth.

I c wat you did thar :monster: Seriously though, its not just on Youtube this is more of a response to all the haters Tifa seems to be getting both on Youtube and the CXA forums (Ooh what I've seen on those forums)

It was just meant for fun and addressed to the FFVII Fandom at large but whatever people are anal....lol

As for the color of my font.... I refuse to change it from red because red is my signature color :monster: BUT I would like to learn how to change the font of it, since I realize that it is basically unreadable like this, however I don't know how to change fonts, I am basically useless when it comes to tech stuff.

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
Thank you for you heartfelt defense of Tifa but is it neccesary to put down everyone else in the game so utterly and completely to raise Tifa up?

LOL wait whut....I love everyone in the party, but you can't deny that most of them are ballfuls of angst and emoness (I'm looking at you Cloud, Vincent and Red XIII) Hell even Barret has his moments of angst.

I wasn't insulting them, I was just stating a fact :D

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
But who says that? Because this is the first time I have ever heard about it. But erm actually, Cloud wasn't chasing anybody (except for Sephiroth because you see, he's pretty gay for him), Tifa was the one following him just because he was acting like he was lobotomized 3 weeks prior to their meeting in Midgar. At least that's what I remember.

And in Advent Children she's just worried about him.

Actually Cloud was after Tifa when they were kids (He joined SOLDIER just to get her attention) but for some reason alot of the fandom seems to think that Tifa was the one with unrequited love for him and Cloud was mostly into Aeris. It's totally bogus though because again, Tifa barely noticed him when they were kids and Cloud was always trying to impress her because he had secret feelings for her.

And yep in Advent Children she was just worried about him, but alas a stupid part of the fandom seems to think that her behavior in AC is annoying nagging, mother-like behaivor.

Top Bottom