Time to remove smilies from smilie list?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'll add that after I eat, as well as prune the other stuff people want pruned. Also:

Seymour.gif

Though it might be better without the credits at the end, but I'm too lazy to edit it. If someone else wants to, though.
no

nope

no way

nuh-uh

noooooooooo

i cannot deal with this one

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I can see why someone might not be able to deal with that but on the other hand there are some times when a person feels so miserably depressed that only something that miserably depressing can properly express how they feel :sadpanda:

So is someone going to help resize gifs? if so, these two need resizing so I can add them

tumblr_ml0xrdoWi61r221yao1_r1_500.gif

direwolf.gif

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'll add that after I eat, as well as prune the other stuff people want pruned. Also:

Seymour.gif

Though it might be better without the credits at the end, but I'm too lazy to edit it. If someone else wants to, though.

idgi :/. Same with the dog, I haven't seen it used in forever.

Snow is a winner though, :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If you haven't seen that episode of Futurama, you probably wouldn't. It's an amazing episode, but also monstrously depressing, so.

The direwolf head tilt is nice for expressing confusion, though tbh I haven't remembered to use it in ages.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't know how to resize gifs without losing the animation. :sadpanda:

I suppose now would be the time to learn...

Alternatively download the episode, use VirtualDub (while also making the clip small within it) to mark the proper video segment and create an image sequence from it, then enter the image sequence into a site that makes gifs.

Fangu

Great Old One
I used Adobe Premiere for the one in my signature, but I had to crop a video and stuff. There has to be faster and better ways of resizing a gif?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I used to use Adobe ImageReady but I'm pretty sure I don't have that anymore :/

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Apparently it's quite easy in GIMP. I could do it, but I'd have to slip in a momentary cock shot, Fight Club style :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yaay. :monster:

Seymour.gif

This one is very appropriate today considering Futurama is airing its final episode in a few hours. :sadpanda:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Other images that need cropping:

tumblr_mj4xmf2nSw1rkwtsqo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mmax6iAdU91qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_mj6gmaI7zp1s76nr3o3_500.gif

I'll go back and add the other ones in the smilies suggestion thread that are within the correct size soon. It might also be worth merging these two threads, though I'm not sure.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
:direwolf:

You can't think of any situation in which you would use a cookie monster facepalm or a head explode smilie? :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Does his head explode because of some kind of emotion? I didn't get that.

Also for that to be a proper cookie monster facepalm gif I think you need to crop out the text :monster: Gifs shouldn't have text. Then what's the point.

/picky

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That's fine, or someone could just white it out when they resize it :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Does his head explode because of some kind of emotion? I didn't get that.

Its for when you're so confused/baffled/angry etc that your head must asplode. Its why that one bit from Scanners is so popular on the internet.

Also for that to be a proper cookie monster facepalm gif I think you need to crop out the text :monster: Gifs shouldn't have text. Then what's the point.

/picky

Wow that's arbitrary, its like how George Carlin said soccer couldn't be a sport because there were dots on the ball :wacky: I sorta agree this one should be without words though, not because its a gif but because the "sometimes me worry" makes it less facepalm and more... well, worried.

Fangu

Great Old One
Wow that's arbitrary, its like how George Carlin said soccer couldn't be a sport because there were dots on the ball :wacky:
You call it 'soccer'. Anything you say is invalid.

I sorta agree this one should be without words though, not because its a gif but because the "sometimes me worry" makes it less facepalm and more... well, worried.
This is what I originally meant but it ended up being 'gif's shouldn't have text' when what I really meant was 'I think gif's who don't need text are better' :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
You call it 'soccer'. Anything you say is invalid.

George Carlin said it, and thus it is relevant to ALL THE THINGS :wacky:

This is what I originally meant but it ended up being 'gif's shouldn't have text' when what I really meant was 'I think gif's who don't need text are better' :monster:

That makes a lot of sense, glad I spoke up so I could get it spelled out for me :awesome: I tend to agree, a gif that can serve its purpose and be understood without words is the superior gif, unless we're intentionally subverting "don't explain the joke" for the lulz or something.

Top Bottom