TLS Family Portrait Thread

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, it is!

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No, it isn't!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's almost there. Here's what I suggest...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "You know, sometimes life will toss your Baked Alaska right in the rubbish bin. And you scream and s

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Oh no that's so horrible for you!!!
In my experience the best thing to do is leave it a little while to cool off and turn off all the plugs and that and then come back to it a bit later and keep all your fingers and toes crossed in the meantime. It will be okay!! I'm so sorry though!!! :properhug:

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
oh shit, your computer blew out?

that makes me so much more elite now. at least doubly so.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Aw, thanks everyone! lmfao wander keep talking shit :P

Okay, guys, I just got off the phone with my kid brother (who, fun fact, actually built my PC and was the same kid brother who sent me a dung plushie for those who saw that lmfao) and after he walked me through some things (I'm useless at computers T_T), it turned out that the CPU had overheated because I've been a shit PC owner. The heat disk (I think that's what he called it) is basically coated in dust lmao. So CrashOuch was on the right track there.

Thankfully, the hard drive is alright and did not, in fact, explode :P (which was the fear that had my heart sinking straight to my toes) and I just have to buy a can of air tomorrow after work and give my compute-pute a proper cleaning and that should be all that it needs. So the crisis is averted for now.

lmao, inorite ChipNoir?? I was trying hard to conceal, and not feel but damn. After that initial shock, a storm of emotion and angst was coming. But again, crisis averted. My brother is a hero. Thank my brother everyone, lmao.

Goodness I'm so relieved I could run outside screaming, but that would frighten the neighbours. I'll just settle for doing a little happy dance.

giphy.gif

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
actually I was being serious. now your hard drive died I'm the only one with a new avatar, which makes me 1337 as 5h1t

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Well, Ghost, Flare, and Octo have all got their avatars, too, you know :P Regardless, I'm glad the potential ruination of my files could bring someone joy.

giphy.gif

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I just noticed I never filled out the survey properly :closedmonster:

1. Probly irl pic which I can link as you get closer to me in queue
2. Channy is just fine with me, I go with username/sig themes but Channy is moi
3. I have no preference but am intrigued by old Channy but also chibi Channy xD
4. Dunno on that either tbh :closedmonster: I'm so decisive
5. Want cat. On Channy's head like
Hatsune.Miku.full.101866.jpg
and my cat looks like that too.. white with just a touch of beige on his head.

Also super glad the comp wasn't a total loss

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Aw, thanks everyone! lmfao wander keep talking shit :P

Okay, guys, I just got off the phone with my kid brother (who, fun fact, actually built my PC and was the same kid brother who sent me a dung plushie for those who saw that lmfao) and after he walked me through some things (I'm useless at computers T_T), it turned out that the CPU had overheated because I've been a shit PC owner. The heat disk (I think that's what he called it) is basically coated in dust lmao. So CrashOuch was on the right track there.

Thankfully, the hard drive is alright and did not, in fact, explode :P (which was the fear that had my heart sinking straight to my toes) and I just have to buy a can of air tomorrow after work and give my compute-pute a proper cleaning and that should be all that it needs. So the crisis is averted for now.

lmao, inorite ChipNoir?? I was trying hard to conceal, and not feel but damn. After that initial shock, a storm of emotion and angst was coming. But again, crisis averted. My brother is a hero. Thank my brother everyone, lmao.

Goodness I'm so relieved I could run outside screaming, but that would frighten the neighbours. I'll just settle for doing a little happy dance.

Oh yaaaaaaay! :joy: God lord, glad it turned out to be a relatively easy fix!

Fancy said:
This should be TLS's official dance, which takes place every time a TLS member meets another :wacky:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^was waiting for someone to come in and say that :monster:

One of the many things I suppose I'll have to be taught next year...

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I don't think I've ever cleaned the inside of any computer I've ever owned. That explains a lot actually... :closedmonster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm just sitting here with my computer case with a removable dust filter :awesome:. It's elevated off the floor too, that probably helps.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
my wife knows nothing about computers. I mean she's literally a menace.

aaaaaand I just wrote an 7000 word document explaining what programming and software development is to my wife who just became a recruiter in the software development industry.

probably didn't need to provide assembly code examples or a functional programming primer but hey ho. at least she'll know what a database is rather than thinking it's just microsoft access.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If you can manage to make her competent in computer lingo, she might be one of the few recruiters that can actually say something that makes sense :monster:

you know, instead of just scanning for keywords and disregarding any recent experience.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
If you can manage to make her competent in computer lingo, she might be one of the few recruiters that can actually say something that makes sense :monster:

you know, instead of just scanning for keywords and disregarding any recent experience.
EXACTLY

I saw my opportunity to do some good

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮

hey yop can u program in AGILE JS? we've got a great node laravel position opening, as long as you have good angular competence and jquery react

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Just wanted to post my favourite of the rejected linearts because this one amuses me lol.

21dobk2.jpg

Just one of the many possibilities for you elders. :awesome:

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Happy to present the second batch of three :awesome: Staring wander, Tetsujin, and Cthulhu.

Group_Shot_2.png

Cthulhu is actually still technically a work in progress since he's going to be this great magnificent beast in the background of the portrait and yea...I'll perfect that when I work on the actual background...

Squee!! Next three on the list is

1. Mage
2. Mr Ite
3. Teioh

Probably gonna see Unit-01's avi in the next batch. :awesome:

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I find A most pleasing, followed closely by C.

1. I have a question about this one and will PM you.
edit: nevermind, found my answer. need to mull over the choice of image

2. Kimble, please.
3. Adult, please.
4. My own default expression is a classic example of resting bitch face, but beyond that my own face trends to the smirks and knowing smiles.
5. Mmmm, nothing in particular comes to mind.

Top Bottom