#tls IRC

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I liked having the IV questions because it's one of the few games I know well :sadpanda:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It doesn't have to be IV; that was just an example. VIII also came up a disproportionate amount of time. I was just thinking that players could have the games they want to answer questions about in a "profile" that Sephibot could use when picking the questions. So if there are three players with the following profiles:

VII VIII IX
VII IX X
VII XII XIII

Then VII questions would come up 3/9 of the time, IX questions 2/9 of the time and the other games on their profiles 1/9 of the time. Questions from, say, V wouldn't come up at all unless a new player joined with V on their profile.

I also need to play some of the games more to be able to write better questions. I'll make it a new year's resolution to complete at least one new Final Fantasy game this year. It'll probably XIII or V. :)

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That makes sense. That would probably make the games more fun, yeah.

Lex

Administrator
The more I thought about it immediately afterward, the more I realised that the answer to that question about Weapon(s) in FFVII should be "none" like you had originally.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^:lol: yeah that was batshit. I meant to say C - one and then said none by mistake, and I was the only one who got that right through my own stupidity.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Has this died completely? Should we have, like, a formal little burial ceremony or something?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It seems to have. The channel even got de-registered, and I lost my auto-sop status :sadpanda:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My fault, I haven't bothered to log in for weeks/months because nobody ever used it for weeks/months, :mon:.

I like Slack better TBF, it has basic things like embedded images and a list of actual channels and history and shit. Kinda expensive if you want to go beyond the free version though ($7/person/year), but, its limitations aren't too bad (max history of 10.000 messages and a limit to features we'll probably not use)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I re-registered the channel when I was there last week just in case it fell into the wrong hands. Unlikely, but you never know. I can make Yop the owner and give other staff members auto-op status again if your nicks are still registered.

Lex

Administrator
I re-registered mine recently and had op status just before the last time it went off. So yes please.

Fangu

Great Old One
idk, no, but would have liked to revive it. Not too much a fan of all the invite-only activity going on, but y'all know this already so :monster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'd like to revive the chat too. I've managed to be there pretty regularly recently in the hopes more people will start coming.

Fangu

Great Old One
Well, I re-registered. IRC is hopping again after all, with Twitch using it and stuff. Which is cool - if you get a client like mIRC or XChat or whatever you use for Apple computers, you can access twitch member chats directly through there. (You need to mess around with a key or something first, but hey.)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Maybe we should consider moving our channel to the Twitch IRC network (i.e. simply using the channel associated with our Twitch page) to get more people in there?

Fangu

Great Old One
I think such a process would be even more complicated than hooking up to the regular IRC, to be honest. Unless someone's made something clever already, which might just as well be the case :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, scratch that idea, I forgot that everyone has to log in with Twitch credentials when logging in to their IRC network. Wouldn't be very newbie-friendly. There was some talk of moving our channel recently though, what happened to the idea?

Top Bottom