#tls IRC

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It's still up for discussion if people want to do it. If people want to switch to Calindora I could probably get some people I know to lurk in our channel.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Well, I'd rather we pick the best network for our needs rather than the one that happens to have your friends on it, but most networks are pretty similar, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'll probably get back into IRC around the end of July when I have more time to be on TLS again.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Is Calindora the server with all the FF related channels? We definitely need to pick a busier server to encourage visitors.

Fangu

Great Old One
I don't want strangers idling, the last time that happened I ended up leaving because it left the place feeling so eerie, like someone who had no interest in TLS whatsoever was there just to watch :/ Participate or gtfo!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah that. I'd like to be able to recognize names. Plus, lurkers don't contribute (hence the name).

Fangu

Great Old One
We've been having some more activity recently - apparently people still know how to use a chat network, kudos gais :monster:

And do keep coming in :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Sadly not. Maybe if he was given operator status, he could ban people in that manner. Not that we have to ban people very often. :P

Fangu

Great Old One
So I know we've been discussing moving servers for some time now, and with the Kiwi browser integration looking unhappy with idlechat and #tls seems kind of dead anyway - Flint, you have preferences for a new one? One where Sephibot can spread his... wing? :monster:

I miss publicly open command line style chat times :(

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I don't have a particular preference, though I have said before that it would be nice to be on a busier network, one which potentially has other channels of interest besides ours.

I started hanging out in the channel every day again for a month or two, mainly as a "staff service" in case anyone needed me, but it was always so dead that I figured anyone who actually wanted to contact me would do so through other means. I'd like to see it become busier again - the music contest draw was a reminder of the good old times - but it's a critical mass problem as always. :\

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Does anyone even still remember the one that was being tested out before? Being on the IRC is as simple as remembering to get onto it when you're on the forums anyway. I still go there and I get to chat with other people from time to time. It just takes a bit of patience if it's relatively quiet.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
argh so much stuff to do. I should be able to make time for the shoutbox after next week sometime, if people keep nagging plzkthx.

Top Bottom