• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Ranks Final Fantasy Songs

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
@LicoriceAllsorts , which ‘Victory Fanfare’ would you like to nominate? All the games do it a bit differently iirc. :)

@Ergo , ‘Aerith’s theme’ and ‘One Winged Angel’ were already nominated, so you still have 19 songs you can nominate!

@Radigar , ‘You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet’, ‘Judgement Day’, ‘One Winged Angel’, and ‘Liberi Fatali’ were already nominated, so you still have 14 nomination slots open.

@Howl , the entirety of ‘Dancing Mad’ was already nominated so no need to nominate any specific piece of it (it’s a 17+ minute song all in all so kudos to those that listen to the whole thing :P); ‘Man with the Machine Gun’ and ‘A Place to Call Home’ were also nominated previously. You have 3 nomination slots open still!

@Mr. Ite , ‘Battle with the Four Fiends’ was already nominated, so you have 1 slot still open. Can pick another from your first massive list. ;)

@looneymoon , what do you mean by Distant Worlds? And, do you want the Japanese version of Suteki Da Ne?

@SeaDragon , ‘Cosmo Canyon’ (as ‘Valley of the Fallen Star’) and ‘Someday the Dream Will End’ (as ‘A Fleeting Dream’) have both already been nominated under different names. I’m not positive which names are the official title and will be looking into that before we get around to the polls! So you still have 4 songs you can nominate.

@HylianMogget , ‘Shinra, Inc.’ has already been nominated. Rose of May is it’s own song so it’s definitely allowed. :) You still have 10 more songs you can nominate if you’d like!

@Ghost X , ‘Movin’’ has already been nominated. You still have 15 songs you can nominate if you want!

Phew, that’s all the duplicates I’ve noticed!

One more thing to mention: I’m going to assume that a song being nominated is from its original rendition unless otherwise specified. So if you nominate something from FFII, for example, I’ll be linking the original version of the song, no PSP remake versions or whatnot.

Below this is the entire list of nominated songs so far. Check this list to see if something you want to nominate has already been nominated! :) If you spot any errors, please let me know! I'll also be putting this into the OP for easy access.

FFI
Cornelia Castle
Opening Theme

FFII
Rebel Army
Battle Theme A
Magician's Tower

FFIII
Eternal Wind

FFIV
Main Theme
Into the Darkness
Melody of Lute
Golbez Clad in the Dark
The Dreadful Fight/Battle with the Four Fiends
Theme of Love

FFV
Clash on the Big Bridge

FFVI
Terra's Theme
Aria de Mezzo Carattere
Dancing Mad
Kefka
Shadow's Theme
Phantom Train
Coin of Fate
Overture
Battle to the Death
Searching for Friends
Battle
From That Day On
Locke
The Decisive Battle
The Magic House
The Veldt

FFVII
Cid's theme
Electric de Chocobo
Turks' theme
One Winged Angel
Aerith's Theme
Main Theme
J-E-N-O-V-A
Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet
Jenova Absolute
The Great Warrior
Valley of the Fallen Star
Interrupted by Fireworks
Those Who Fight
Still More Fighting
Prelude
Anxious Hearts
Shinra Inc.
The Highwind Takes to the Skies
Oppressed People
Mako Reactor
Motorcycle chase

FFVII CC
The Price of Freedom
Why

FFVII DoC
REDEMPTION
Hope of the Future

FFVIII
Liberi Fatali
The Extreme
The Man with the Machine Gun
Maybe I'm a Lion
The Landing
The Legendary Beast
Compression of Time
The Castle
Balamb Garden
The Stage is Set
Movin’
Love Grows
The Successor
Ending Theme
Fisherman's Horizon
The Oath

FFIX
The Chosen Summoner
Melodies of Life
Dark Messenger
You're Not Alone
The Place I'll Return To Someday/A Place to Call Home
Vivi's Theme
Steiner's Theme
Battle 2
Black Mage Village
Hunter's Chance / Festival of the Hunt
Towards the Gate
Over the Hill
Song of Memories
Protecting My Devotion
Qu's Marsh
A Face Unforgotten
Rose of May
Freya's Theme
Vamo Alla Flamenco
Endless Sorrow
Assault of the Silver Dragons
Immoral Melody

FFX
A Fleeting Dream
Besaid Island
Suteki da ne (Instrumental)
Otherworld
Hymn of the Fayth ~ Spira
Mount Gagazet
Yuna's Theme

FFX-2
Eternity: Memory of Lightwaves
Zanarkand Ruins

FFXII
Streets of Rabanastre
Boss Battle
Eruyt Village
Rabanastre Downtown
Theme of the Empire
Esper Battle
Battle for Freedom
Main Theme

FF Tactics
Bland Logo - Title Black
Trisection
Apoplexy

FFXIII
Saber's Edge
Blinded by Light
Kimi ga Iru Kara
Sunleth Waterscape

FFXIII-2
Eclipse
Caius Theme

FFXIII LR
Ouroboros Festival

FF Type-0
The Beginning of The End

FFXIV
Answers
Torn from the Heavens
Fallen Angel
Ultima
Rise of the White Raven
Tricksome
Primogenitor
Upon the Rocks
Heroes
Revenge Twofold
The Ancient City
Apologies
Moebius
Equilibrium
Triumph
Drowning in the Horizon
Old Wounds
The Worm's Tail
Earth, Wind, and Water
Wayward Daughter

FFXV
The Lestallum theme
Omnis Lacrima
Magna Insomnia
What Lies Within
Valse di Fantastica
Apocalypsis Aquarius
Hellfire
LUNA
NOCTIS
Sonmus (instrumental)
Sonmus
Sonmus Ultima
Main Theme from FINAL FANTASY

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Lol. I just realized that I nominated songs from the Final Bosses of each of FFXIV's numbered expansions (Ultima, Heroes, The Worm's Tail)...

@Flare Small nitpick. The version of "Rise of the White Raven" you link to is the orchestral version, not the original in-game version. Here's the correct music. It starts midway though the video because the first six minutes are the song that plays in the first phases of the boss fight. "Rise of the White Raven" is the song that plays in the last phase.

Rise of the White Raven

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Likely to add a few later, but for now all I could think of that wasn't here already, was:

"Zero" from Type-0
(The only actual soundtrack version I could locate is a cut from the actual game, but it's right at the beginning, so nothing I would call spoilers.)

Sunset Path from LR XIII

Feels quite strange adding to something like this and neither of my entries were Uematsu.
9aa.png

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Sunleth Waterscape, Distant Worlds, Suteki Da Ne?
Sorry I meant "Memoro de la Stono." Also, Japanese version of Suteki de Ne?

I'll add Memoro de la Stono to the OP :) Also, as your first quote says, you mentioned Suteki Da Ne, so I assumed you wanted to nominate it unless you meant to write Memoro de la Stono?

Edit:
@Philco , Judgement Day was already nominated by another, so no need to nominate it again. You still have 16 more nomination slots! :)

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Ooh I get one more!? Oh dear, what to choose....

It's gotta be Birth of a God. I'm shocked no one else has nominated it yet. (holy crow links are so easy to make now! love love love the new forums)

P.S. if Ghost X or HylianMogget don't re-nominate by the deadline, can I make two more nominations? :wacky:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
One more thing to mention: I’m going to assume that a song being nominated is from its original rendition unless otherwise specified. So if you nominate something from FFII, for example, I’ll be linking the original version of the song, no PSP remake versions or whatnot.

The original version of the song I nominated is in the Wonderswan version of FFII, it's not a rendition of the battle theme in the NES version (there's only one battle theme in the original FFII and it's got it's own rendition in both the Wonderswan and PSP versions). And it's not very good in the Wonderswan version so I'll retract the nomination.

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
A little late on this front, but do you think maybe we could have a separate ranking threads for songs that are scored versus songs that are sung by an artist?

Just an option. :monster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
A little late on this front, but do you think maybe we could have a separate ranking threads for songs that are scored versus songs that are sung by an artist?
I know in the case of the FFXIV songs that this would be pretty impossible. Most of the songs with lyrics are not sung by professional artists hired by SE, but employees of SE in other departments that also do vocals on occasion.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The original version of the song I nominated is in the Wonderswan version of FFII, it's not a rendition of the battle theme in the NES version (there's only one battle theme in the original FFII and it's got it's own rendition in both the Wonderswan and PSP versions). And it's not very good in the Wonderswan version so I'll retract the nomination.
I'll replace my nomination with Lightning's Theme from FFXIII.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare

Just an option. :monster:
Not sure what Fancy thinks on this, but personally I don't think we need to separate them. There's not that many compared to the instrumental stuff. But what do others think of this idea?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My bias towards non-lyrics songs makes me want that as well, but it’s coming from me wanting the songs I like to win. So do with that what you will.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
It depends really. Personally, I think belting out the lyrics to Simple and Clean in bad Japanese is a much different experience from making farty trumpet sound affects to the tune of One Winged Angel.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'd prefer them not to be split up.

That said, much like Ite it's because I want the songs I nominated to win and FFXIV has way more songs with lyrics then most of the FF games do. Like... around half of the songs I nominated have lyrics (or vocals) because it's just so normal for FFXIV Boss music to have lyrics of some kind. It's to the point where it's more noteworthy for FFXIV Boss music to not have lyrics by now. In fact, I'd almost say having vocals in songs on a regular basis is one of the things that sets Sokan's music appart from Umetsu's. Songs with lyrics aren't something "special" or "significant" in FFXIV the way they are in other Final Fantasy games becasue of that.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Right, I think we'll just keep them all in the same polls to make it easiest.

I've updated the OP's list of nominations! @Minato please check to make sure I deleted the appropriate FFII nomination. XD <3

Also, we have one more day for nominations to be open! Unless several people need an extra day or something to nominate, that will be when it officially closes, so be sure to have all your nominations in by then! :) Which reminds me, I need to do mine tomorrow.........

Top Bottom