TLS UK Late Summer ish Meetup

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I also wouldn't mind Scotland. :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Actuallly I'd quite like to do Scotland too, I've never been because I'm an awful English shitebag.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
If we were to make it further north/Scotland, I'd be happy to carpool, so picking you up en route wouldn't be a massive detour y'know. Could even pick up Ami if she promises not to dry hump my car seats. :monster:

Also Brum works for me because I'm heavily biased and can collect folk from the airport, though the train is just as good TBH, it's one stop from New Street in the city.

Also Force and Avec need to get in my bed come over to GB too! Make a date and I'll accommodate it, I'm not doing the Flower Show this year due to home situation.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
K9Qcksk.gif

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'll go wherever.

How long a trip do you wanna make it? Mainly aiming at the people flying in and out.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
FOREVAR

I'll echo the "I don't care" wossname. Just avoid July, I'll be moving / getting used to my new hizzouse then. Unless you want to come to NL, I can accommodate people then (late July / early August). I'll even have a guest room kinda thing. I'm probably going to arrange a car next week so I can ferry people about, even pick them up from idk, Germany or whatevz. (if I get the car I'll get "free" gas, fyi)

Lex

Administrator
I don't have particular rules about when to do this either by the by, I'd just say advance notice is good because I can book the days off in work - I'm quite free to book off whenever I like but I work in a team of 3 people so if they have it off it's a no-go (right now late August is a no go for example).

If it's in the UK and I can't get time off, I can travel down for a sat/sunday type deal for sure - can just get the train after work and then back up on the Sunday. Scotland is obviously better for this scenario.

AvecAloes

Donator
Not sure how feasible it would be for us to jump over to the UK from Ireland (timing/extra cost of extra travel, etc), but hey, if you guys want to go to Ireland in August, we'll likely be there :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^I think is the most suitable of options, all things considered. All things considered. All things. All.

(Back me up, Kev! XD)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm the same as Lex. I can easily jump on the midnight train a train after work and do a weekend without needing to take time off.

At this point, I'm not sure what we're having more trouble deciding: when or where... :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I've only been glancing at this thread now and then since it began but, as I take the time going through it properly now, I really want to be a part of this, too. When my plane took off from London back in March, I actually felt properly sad at what little time I felt I got to spend with you all.
I value calling you all friends, and would love to see you all again with time on my/our side, so if I can manage the time between work and other factors, I will do what I can to join - and, of course, help out others who are hoping to come but need that extra bit of support. Wherever we go is fine with me; whenever we go might be tricky but I don't want any influence in that regard so I'll just keep track of this thread and see how things go :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Looks like we're gonna have to rent a VW camper van and go on a grand tour of major cities in UK and Ireland for about two weeks. :lol:

I've been watching this thread but I haven't posted in it yet because I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. I don't really want to be involved in planning it but once you've settled on something I'll see if I can find a way to be there.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I would be up for this as long as it's not the last 2 weeks of August, I'm sadly not allowed to take time off at that sage (I work for a footwear company in a kids store and the last two weeks of August are back to school season)

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
^I think is the most suitable of options, all things considered. All things considered. All things. All.

(Back me up, Kev! XD)

The man speaks true.

Dublin is primed and ready for an influx of a small handful of visitors. There's coffee shops, pubs up the wazoo and if you're lucky, you may experience a rare five minute window of sunshine, and witness the native citizenry lapse into a brief but intense vitamin D high :monster:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE

I'd be up for pretty much anywhere in and around the UK. Possibly even Amsterdam or Norway as it its pretty cheap for me to get there via ferry.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think we'll have to look at all the options and calculate the average price, given how monies is probably the main motivator behind location.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
IMO we need to split the difference between UK and Ireland and meet up on the Isle of Man. :monster:

We need somewhere with decent accommodation (though a bunkhouse-style arrangement would be cheap and could easily accommodate all of us and I don't mind cooking at all (you had better like proper curry)), accessible local pubs and maybe a restaurant or two. Can't help but think Cumbria fits the bill neatly there.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
^ So long as I avoid certain family members in Cumbria, I'm all for that. :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
If you end up near Ambleside that could conceivably work for me, assuming Mr Octo has time off whenever it is.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Ambleside is where Yop and I stayed before I murdered him, played with his lifeless corpse and dumped him in a river we went up Scafell Pike and he went on to Penrith and a train to Lexland. It's a gorgeous place and I wouldn't mind going there again.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
We know a pub that at the time had a dog and it was a very good boy / girl :monster:. And another one that had some live music going on.

Top Bottom