Tomb Raider 2012

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Visually it is absolutely stunning, much happier with the prospect of this game now that their are not trying to satisfy all the morons who believe that her tit size is in direct correspondance to how good the game is.

In their defense, it was kinda working out that way for awhile. Only the old ones were any good and that's where they were the biggest :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Actually I enjoyed Angel of darkness but mainly due to the Nephilim plotline and use of the male character who was ever so important that I can never remember his name.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Looks interesting.

Looking forward to this. And I'd like to say once again how good Lara's redesign looks. :P

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I am very interested in playing this new Tomb Raider. I never played the old ones, though. I think I may have inherently avoided them due to the fact that the game was hailed for Lara Croft's looks primarily. This new game looks extremely promising.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I am very interested in playing this new Tomb Raider. I never played the old ones, though. I think I may have inherently avoided them due to the fact that the game was hailed for Lara Croft's looks primarily. This new game looks extremely promising.

There was pretty decent platforming in the better games, though. For marketing purposes Croft was made to be this ridiculous Action Babe, ofc, but the core game mechanics were pretty solid.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Can we hear a "this is motherfucking awesomeballs"

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The lost inspiration can only do good for this series

I hope there's a bunch of creepy shit hiding on the island

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Judging from some of those earlier screenshots there's probably some bunch of typical jabbering natives with nasty-looking spears and knives :monster:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
The lost inspiration can only do good for this series

I hope there's a bunch of creepy shit hiding on the island

A civilization that mimics a utopian 1970's era with different science labs in several off-site locations?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This really does look amazing in pretty much every way.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

the game looks really good, but they gotta cut down on the ridiculously overdone moaning.

Jesus.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
inb4 ryona epidemic

Ghost X

I dunno, looks like a fancier angel of darkness at the moment =p. I want to see a greater sense of freedom that I felt in the earlier games.

Tina Armstrong

Rockstar
AKA
Fackbito, RedGloves, Eileen Galvin, Saria, Lady Croft
I didn't like the idea of this Tomb Raider at first.. But after watching the gameplay and trailer, I must admit that I am impressed.

I'm still not sure if I want Lara to be THAT human. (Screaming, being scared) etc.) But I'm certain it will bring you closer to the character/game. And the new Lara is hawt. :awesome:

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Tomb Raider reboot

Well, it's due later this year. How do you guys feel about it?

As much as I loved the first three games, I was glad to see Tomb Raider move on from the square, grid-based environments of the PSX titles; however, the later games like TR: Legend and TR: Underworld really didn't impress me. The graphics were unremarkable, the levels felt very linear and the art style sucked. Furthermore, I didn't like that Lara suddenly started relying on a bunch of tacky gadgets when the original games were less about sonar imagery/magnetic grappling hooks and more about rudimentary exploration and puzzle-solving.

So, considering that this further reboot of the franchise looks like an end to the influence of the shitty movies, I'm tentatively hoping that this will be a good game. The emphasis seems to be on exploration and survival, which means it could probably go two ways: either a strong combination of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Shadow of the Colossus, or a half-arsed, glitchy and uninspired mimicry of Uncharted.

The trailer didn't impress me when I first saw it, but the gameplay video made me feel rather optimistic.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I wanted to post a long monologue about how this was way overdue and I'm damned excited about it coming to fruition so soon, but all I can think is: bitch is wearing my work clothes.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah I'm more interested in the survival aspect of things. Y'know, fighting natural hazards and dangerous wildlife, first aid, etc.

I recently played the demo of I Am Alive, that was pretty underwhelming tbh.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Looking at that gameplay footage....I'm not fond of the 'press X now to avoid obstacle' thing. Its pretty old hat how and I never really enjoyed it that much in other games.

I'll still probably give this a go, and I do like Lara's new look.

Top Bottom