UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End

ForceStealer

Double Growth

We have great news for all our Uncharted fans – Amy, Justin, and the team are hard at work on an amazing new installment of the Uncharted series to be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 system. Our goal is to continue what we’ve done in previous console generations and once again deliver the best in storytelling, performance capture, technical innovation and graphics on the PS4. We can confirm that the voiceover is performed by Todd Stashwick and he will play a character in the game.

:yay:
Well. This is the first thing I've seen or heard that may cause me to pick up a PS4 sooner than Final Fantasy XV's release.

Telcontar

Donator
snape-control-your-emotions.gif

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Makes me wonder if it's Nate we're going to see in this game. I'm so bad, but I haven't finished the second or third games, although I've played more than enough on the multiplayer of the latter. I better hurry the hell up!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I would like one more game with Nate as the protagonist, give him and rest of the cast a big sendoff unless they make Chloe the protagonist in which case Nate can fuck off. :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm actually very happy with the subdued, sober send-off from the most recent game. Now, giving Chloe a leading role certainly couldn't hurt.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Did the rumor of it being a new protagonist start BECAUSE of the voice in the trailer? Because that kinda sounded like a villainous monologue to me. Like maybe they were gonna go for a more developed villain this time around.

I like Nate (and his friends) a lot, and wouldn't have a problem spending another game with them. But, frankly, Naughty Dog is hands down the best developer there is these days, so I pretty much trust them with whatever they decide to do.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
They're the only developer out there that I fully trust, they make a game and I buy it on day one trusting that it will be at least a satisfying experience that's worth the full price.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
As long as it's pretty and I can shoot people in the disguise that I'm hunting treasure I don't really mind <3

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I only have one request for this game:

Do NOT have Nate and Elena be separated at the beginning AGAIN only to get back together in the end. THEY'VE DONE THIS TWICE ALREADY.

JUST LET NATE AND ELENA BE HAPPILY MARRIED THE WHOLE GAME. kthx :3

Lex

Administrator
Can't believe I didn't post in here earlier today when I remember looking at the thread. I mean yesterday.

UNCHARTED 4 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Or whatever it's going to be called )

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Do NOT have Nate and Elena be separated at the beginning AGAIN only to get back together in the end. THEY'VE DONE THIS TWICE ALREADY.

Quoted for fucking truth.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah repeating the will they/won't they thing would piss me off too. It already annoyed me that they did it in 3 again.

I'd like to see Nathan one last time tbh, I suppose it's just a question of where his story could go. To be fair the plots of the Uncharted games aren't exactly a selling point for me, so I don't really care about that aspect of it too much. I like that the story is really lighthearted but I think it gets in the way of character development. Uncharted is so good that I don't care though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Granted, I don't think Nate would be a terribly easy person to date/marry. I don't think they should do it again either, but it didn't piss me off before.

And the characters are my favorite part of the Uncharted stories.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Really Uncharted 2 should have ended with the three of them heading off for a threesome, just saying. :awesome:

Fangu

Great Old One

Ugh this. So much. If they pull that thing again then... DOUBLE-U* TEE EFF

I too want to see them as 'the old marrieds', an established couple, because there simply are too few of them in games. Somehow script writers/ producers/ everyone thinks a couple has to be fresh for there to be attraction/ hawtness, while IMO established couples can be just as hawt because there is a sense of security, trust and 'I really like you' there that new couples haven't yet established. Games needs more marrieds!!

* I can't believe w is 'double-u', why is it a u and not v
English you wonderfully weird language

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Granted, I don't think Nate would be a terribly easy person to date/marry. I don't think they should do it again either, but it didn't piss me off before.

And the characters are my favorite part of the Uncharted stories.

The characters have always been a main factor for me too. These are excellent stories with great characters and great voice acting -- and then a fun interactive element on top of it all.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hmm... to re-purchase the first three games or not to re-purchase the first three games? :awesomonster:

But Golden Abyss, that's cool to see. I have no plans to buy a Vita, but I'm sure one day I'll get a PS4. That'll be good to have that as an option.

And is "Fight for Fortune" the official name of Uncharted 4?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'fight for fortune' was another vita, a kind of strategy card game (that i never played so what do i know)

i am still playing 3 (/got stuck on it), but i would probably buy the ...super-hd? remaster?

Lex

Administrator
100% buying it without a doubt. Had so many good times with Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 on the PS3 (especially with 2).

Golden Abyss is alright. I mean its pretty, its an uncharted game and I enjoyed playing it but I'm pretty ambivalent towards it tbh. In terms of enjoyment I'd place it above 1 but below 2 and 3.

Top Bottom