Vincent Valentine - The "John Wick" of FFVII Remake?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I'm one of the admittedly rare people that love Dirge, just FYI. Been trying to get a community playthrough going, despite the fact that probably means most everyone expounding on how and why they dislike it.

I'm not wedded to the idea that Vincent must have been a super special awesome Turk, but the argument for him being a bad or unremarkable one uses examples of things every other Turk does.

I think the outfit was Hojo, and Vince just rolls with it, because he doesn't care. "I...guess I have a gold hand now. Okay."

Old Hojo is just because they didn't want to make him a new model, most likely.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I'm one of the admittedly rare people that love Dirge, just FYI. Been trying to get a community playthrough going, despite the fact that probably means most everyone expounding on how and why they dislike it.

I'm not wedded to the idea that Vincent must have been a super special awesome Turk, but the argument for him being a bad or unremarkable one uses examples of things every other Turk does.

I think the outfit was Hojo, and Vince just rolls with it, because he doesn't care. "I...guess I have a gold hand now. Okay."

Old Hojo is just because they didn't want to make him a new model, most likely.

Yeah, Hojo still looking the same as his old self is just laziness. I mean that's the reason why Lulu doesn't look pregnant in FFX-2. Also about the Vincent's clothing option thing; yeah just chalk it up to Hojo being weird.

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Being unable go control Vincent when he's in limit break sucks. But it also saved my asses so many times too, especially he goes full HPMP whenever he transforms

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
You know if they actually made flashback Hojo younger looking, he would still look creepy and off putting as heck but at least somewhat approachable.

@Roger, Vincent doesn't have any more game after he wakes up from the coffin than he did before. I admit he's very pretty but he's also socially awkward and slightly goofy, and his way of talking is just old-fashioned. And he doesn't seem to have gained any brain cells. However, once he's no longer a mere optional character this may change, especially since he's a clear fan favourite.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Like Ted Bundy.
Good looking people shouldn't need to be psychopaths. It's like they're tricking us with their allure.
:desucait:

So true. Also the fact that in the Ultimanias it said that Lucrecia ultimately chose him because she felt pity for him when it came to being compared with Gast. It would be interesting if he was younger he could look pitiful and use that to his advantage to manipulate someone like Lucrecia.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Replaying FF7 at the moment, and it never occurred to me just how tricky they make it to obtain Vincent. You have to solve puzzles, complete a safe combination with a time limit and no mistakes, defeat a boss level opponent (perhaps the strongest boss that you've encountered until that point) and then choose the correct dialogue options. Certainly makes it feel like he's an impressive secret.

I think that is actually enough...I don't need to hear stories about him as a famous Turk, or something. You can tell he's awesome without all that, haha. There's actually something quite interesting about him being this mysterious figure that locked himself away, someone no one remembers or cares about.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Replaying FF7 at the moment, and it never occurred to me just how tricky they make it to obtain Vincent. You have to solve puzzles, complete a safe combination with a time limit and no mistakes, defeat a boss level opponent (perhaps the strongest boss that you've encountered until that point) and then choose the correct dialogue options. Certainly makes it feel like he's an impressive secret.

I think that is actually enough...I don't need to hear stories about him as a famous Turk, or something. You can tell he's awesome without all that, haha. There's actually something quite interesting about him being this mysterious figure that locked himself away, someone no one remembers or cares about.

Wow. It took that much effort to get him. Man, Vincent really did want to shut himself off.

flyajess

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Jessa
As HUGE Keanu fan AND Vincent fan (since I was a little girl) John Wick immediately reminded me of Vincent. I remember talking to my brother and explaining why and he goes “oh shit….he basically is him” yeaaaa. Since the movies came out I’m always like “real life Vincent Valentine.” Love them both to bits 💖

Top Bottom