Visual Breakdown of FFVII Remake E3 2015 Trailer

Lex

Administrator
We see Cloud and Barret in the trailer, and possibly Biggs and Jesse (unless they've made Wedge un-fat?). If we're going to say that Aerith is somehow in the trailer because of the flower, then we need to say that Sephiroth is in the trailer because of the feathers.

Lex

Administrator
OK I don't remember who was having this conversation about the 7th heaven logo, but I took a screenshot of the background stuff there in the best possible focus moment and I noticed a few things when zoomed (Ctrl-+ or mouse wheel to zoom here)

1rrwvMb.jpg

-Said logo is visible twice here. Once in white/blue neon and to the left in red and white.
-The sign on the right says "Flower Shop"

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Was me. Good find. And the sign on the left before barter blocks it says heaven and what kind like Texas style bar and you see a door as well.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
The slums in this game are so hardcore nobody even flinched when a man with a gatling gun for an arm and a guy with a 6' long sword walked by. One NPC even brushed Barret on his way by him. What the hell do these guys see on a regular basis???

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Gang fights, sex trade, people dying of disease, starvation or some lethal injury, etc. Let's not forget the apathy some of the NPCs had towards the destruction of sector 7.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The first trailer of Advent Children had Cloud fighting with the Buster Sword, and it wound up with a very different role in the final film. Maybe... it's just for the trailer?

What I like about the trailer is that it is a gorgeous parade of easter eggs that leads us visually through a prologue. From bright, corporate splendor to the red, withering turning point to the green and black industrial wasteland. On mute, it invites new players in, giving them a visual replacement for "...a rebellion against an evil corporation becomes much more..." The narration, intended for vets (I imagine that it is pure nonsense to anyone else) present a riddle, the answer to which is: "What erupts goes beyond imagination."

Oh those halcyon days when people read the back of video game boxes. These days it's all "mobile" whatsernanies and "pre-leak trailer exclusive" horseradish and "so-n-so won the joint press conference."

"Quite possibly the greatest game ever made." - GameFan Magazine.

Sold!

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
On the red sign,
花 means flower
The neon one says 処, which is place... I thought maybe sector, but sector is written differently

Top Bottom