• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Welcome to Silent Hill

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
HD collections are just fine, but the SH3 voices are just terrible unfortunately.

SH2 voices I don't mind (and you get the option for the old voices), but when I use the new voice for James I keep imagining Vincent from Catherine up in Silent Hill. xD

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yes, HD is a lot easier to see in which is a shame, it takes away some of the original eeriness, but it's still really good. I was disappointed that SH3 looks a lot 'cleaner' and not as rusty as it did before, which really added to the scary effect. But really, I think you will still enjoy it. They are still absolutely excellent.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
SH3 voices are just terrible unfortunately.

Am I the only one who thinks they're alright? I prefer Heather's original voice, but I don't think it's bad.

Then again I've been marathoning SH2 walkthroughs so my perception of bad might be skewed.

James where is your soul. (◕‿◕✿)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Aki and I talked about this before, but like in the beginning of SH3 when Heather's talking to her Dad? In the original SH3 Heather sounds like she really loves her Dad but in the new version, she just sounds flat and annoyed and it makes the impact of what happens later less effective. =( It's stuff like that that i noticed mostly ;w;

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've been looking for some of the other games post-SH4, since I've not played any of those and most should be cheap now. I was probably going to get the download version for PSP of Zero/Origins, but it is just Shattered Memories that I don't know what to do about. I guess it would go Wii > PS2 > PSP, with the Wii one being the best? But I don't own a Wii so lolz. I was thinking of getting a cheap one, since there are some other games like the Project Zero ones or Xenoblade that I'd like to try. I will be more convinced to get one when I figure out a simple way to import stuff and have actual money to my name ヽ(´o`;

Also I am this close to getting the HD Edition just because I can't help myself.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
"the lock is jammed
this door cannot be opened"

harry
you have a shotgun
i think you can do something about these doors

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
now i've finished sh1 (good+ ending) i don't know if i should go for some of the other endings or just play sh2 (ps2 version) now

what are choices, why can't i make them :sadpanda:

also i had to finish it using ps3's remote play since dickhead here wouldn't let me use the tv, and it made me want a handheld silent hill. but that psvita book of memories one just looks. meh. when you say 'focuses more on cooperative play than psychological horror' and you're talking about a silent hill game, i lose interest in a flash.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
So I'm at the apartment building in SH2, totally forgot where the torch was (found it now though) Also I am totally shit at fighting.

Has anyone found the HD version of SH2 has a few extra scary bits thrown in? Like
the long walk down the mountain path right at the start, I heard twigs snapping and various 'inhuman' noises :scared: I'm pretty sure you didn't hear anything like that in the original version?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So I'm at the apartment building in SH2, totally forgot where the torch was (found it now though) Also I am totally shit at fighting.

Has anyone found the HD version of SH2 has a few extra scary bits thrown in? Like
the long walk down the mountain path right at the start, I heard twigs snapping and various 'inhuman' noises :scared: I'm pretty sure you didn't hear anything like that in the original version?
as far as i remember that was still there in the original silent hill 2.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am this close now to getting a ps2 plugged in and starting up sh2 :sadpanda:

after i work on decorating this room a bit

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Fuuuuuuuuck. I forgot to pick up the hunting rifle in SH2 :sadpanda:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I forgot it while playing through SH1.

So I went back to an old save and played that bit again :sadpanda:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
It was a false alarm, turned out I did pick it up after all. :monster: Thank god for that because I was almost at the end of the Labyrinth section and there was no fucking way I was going to go through all that and the Prison again.

So SH2 is meant to be set 10 years after SH then? And James and Mary visited Silent Hill on holiday 3 years prior to the start of SH2 right? So....that means that Silent Hill has been a perfectly normal functioning town all that time? I thought that the foggy SH was 'reality' and that the town had been abandoned for whatever reason. The idea that Harry and James have been running around while normal life went on is somehow far creepier than I thought. @_@

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i thought about it but i don't think this really needs a spoiler tag cause it's not a plot related thingy it's just overall town mythos stuff

So....that means that Silent Hill has been a perfectly normal functioning town all that time? I thought that the foggy SH was 'reality' and that the town had been abandoned for whatever reason.

Yeah, Silent Hill's just a normal resort town to anyone without a connection to the weird shit going on and/or possession of severe mental issues. It used to be a big tourist spot too. That's why
Laura acts how she does -- she sees the town normally and doesn't know why James is freaking out so much

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I knew Laura doesn't see any monsters, but she doesn't mention seeing anyone else? So I guess I just thought that all Laura sees is the abandoned Silent Hill
Although its still weird that
Laura is just running around on her own. I mean I know shes an orphan and stuff, but she seems to have the run of the place. Unless of course Rachel - the nurse she mentions brought her to Silent Hill for a treat...and we just don't see her?

I can't figure out where Cybill from SH1 fits in though, I mean shes not got any crime to atone for or other issues we're aware of? Yet she sees the monsters?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I remember reading that it was because Laura has the pure heart of a child that she doesn't see anything.

It's in that book Hito posted in the other SH thread. Everyone should read through that, tbh. It answers a lot of questions and is very interesting to read.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
http://www.translatedmemories.com/

I need to read up on that book again (I had the untranslated scans years ago which was when I read it, but they were on another computer that may or may not be dead now), but I kind of thought maybe for SH1 it was more what was happening was that powerful, people like Cybil just got dragged into it (
though did she ever appear in the Otherworld? When Harry disappears in the antique shop and ended up in the Otherworld, Cybil seemed to remain in the normal reality
).

spoiler edit;
just remembered she appeared on the boat after going through the sewers, when the whole town turns to the Otherworld, and of course the good endings

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I knew Laura doesn't see any monsters, but she doesn't mention seeing anyone else? So I guess I just thought that all Laura sees is the abandoned Silent Hill
Although its still weird that
Laura is just running around on her own. I mean I know shes an orphan and stuff, but she seems to have the run of the place. Unless of course Rachel - the nurse she mentions brought her to Silent Hill for a treat...and we just don't see her?

I can't figure out where Cybill from SH1 fits in though, I mean shes not got any crime to atone for or other issues we're aware of? Yet she sees the monsters?
in silent hill 1, the town is in absolute berserker mode because Alessa is being forced to draw her other half, Cheryl, back. As such, there are all sorts of monsters about the town that would not typically be there which can be seen as a result of her psychic projections.

on the other hand, because of these psychic projections, the strength of the cult has grown and the faith and fervor may have made the town a bit weird. Consider the fact that Harry and his wife, at the beginning of SH1's cinematics, pick up a baby who then becomes Cheryl. The fact he seems pretty willing to head back in its direction says to me it's something of a quiet tourist destination.

now flash forward to silent hill 2, town seems abandoned, locks are broken, and yet this little girl runs around with no real problem. My theory is that she heard about Silent Hill from Mary and after Mary disappeared with her husband, she thought that maybe he had finally taken her out there. So I think it's possible she ran away from the orphanage to try to find her. She pops in the apartments because that was James' old address before Mary got sick (Mary let her come along once, but she couldn't remember which apartment it was. It sort of explains the weird James model body in the clock room.

She goes to the bowl-o-rama, thinking maybe Mary went there with her husband for some fun. (she was wandering the streets earlier trying to find where Mary was, and doesn't like James because she assumes he lost her somewhere.) When we see her in the hospital, it's actually because the police were called at the bowl-o-rama and they found out she was a child missing from the orphanage a town over.

They decided to keep her at the hospital rather than the station because she seemed more comfortable there and they figured Nurse Rachel could find her there easily. However, at some point she escapes and starts to harass James (who the other nurses don't see because he's on a different level of Silent Hill). Because she sees no monsters, she sees no problem with locking James in a room because she thinks he's being a jerk.

Finally, we see her in the hotel because Mary told her about it. Seeing that it's mostly a burned wreck, she's scared that Mary may have tried to go inside anyways, and relies on James to try to find her so that she isn't in danger. She finds him sitting in a ruined room and asks if he's found Mary, and gets mad at him after finding out that he killed her. She gets angry at him and leaves the burned husk of a hotel, and what happens to her depends on the ending (for all non-Laura endings, she finds a policeman to take her home, upset at Mary's death.)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Ok this is something I noticed about the HD collection, particularly SH3. It gets pretty laggy in places? In SH2 it was most noticeable when running around at night, and in SH 3 I've only just started playing and I'm still in the mall and whenever theres a few monsters about its like wading through treacle?

Anyone else had that problem? :(

Top Bottom