• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Welcome to Silent Hill

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I dearly wish someone would buy Konami and fire the entire board of executives. These idiots aren't worthy of the IPs they have control of. Send Silent Hill to Tecmo or Capcom, give MGS to Kojima's company, Suikoden to Sega/Atlus, RocketKnight to Sega or Capcom, and Castlevania to either Capcom or Square Enix.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Playing Silent Hill 2,at the hotel. It's genuinely unnerving, because I don't know what horrible thing I'm going to discover next.

Angela and Eddie were both killers...did James murder his wife?

It's less 'Agh, a monster' than 'oh god, I'm genuinely disturbed, I'm not sure I want to find out what's up.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I looked everywhere for that damned rollercoaster key. I scoured every wall, I killed everything that moved so I could search, gave up in disgust... and then the next time I loaded up, there it was, right next to the save point in the souvenir shop.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Aaaaand done!

Rinse and repeat my experiences with the coaster key for the chain around the rocket ride. Haunted house was great, though, weird red light and all.

Confessional moment actually pretty interesting. I actually am God, I'm totally capable of actually forgiving her sins. I did in the end, despite not feeling it, which apparently will get me the bad ending in a replay. Fortunately, I'm not likely to do another run.

I liked seeing the very real grief after the end, fairly often the trigger of the revenge is forgotten.

Realised today that I've never 100pc trophied a game, there's a fuzzy warm feeling to it.

I actively dislike dying because of that guy that comes to drag you away. Still did, though.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The strategic partnership of Konami Digital Entertainment and Bloober Team.

KONAMI, one of the world’s largest game publisher, and Bloober Team, have signed a strategic cooperation agreement. It will include jointly developing selected contents and exchanging know-how.

It is a historic day for me and the culmination of several years of our work. The fact that such a renowned company as KONAMI has decided to strategically cooperate with the Bloober Team means that we also joined the world leaders in gaming and became an equal partner for the leading players in this market. – comments Piotr Babieno, president of the Bloober Team.

As part of the agreement, the partners declared cooperation in the development of contents and the exchange of know-how.

– We have been providing unique entertainment content and ways to enjoy it through the use of information technology. In the digital entertainment industry, significant changes in the business environment are expected in the future. We look forward to combining Bloober Team’s and our respective characteristics and strengths to create high-quality contents. KONAMI – comments Hideki Hayakawa Representative Director, President Konami Digital Entertainment

Konami Digital Entertainment, which is the core company of Konami Group, develops entertaining content for mobile, console and card games. The company is known for global franchises such as eFootball PES, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and Contra, as well as the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game series.

In a seperate press release, Konami said it was “excited to work with Bloober Team and other highly regarded development partners to produce games from existing and new IPs.”

According to VGC, the game is of the Silent Hill IP.

However, VGC understands that Konami has already outsourced at least one other Silent Hill project to a prominent developer in Japan – and there could even be more developers working on their own projects.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Update from director Christophe Gans about the new Silent Hill movie that you guys probably forgot was announced two years ago.

FUq3f_JXsAAT4D2

French source.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The fact Gans is back is so awesome.

Silent Hill Revelation was absolute dogshit. But the first movie he did was extremely good. One of the best Hollywood video game movie adaptions done. Can't wait to see his work.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
idk if i forgot or never heard of it, but as long as it's closer to the first film than the second.

there were some leaks (and then konami did a copyright strike which kinda makes it seem more legitimate lol) that there's three potential sh games in development. there was i think an episodic series, a remake of sh2, and a new mainline game maybe set in england (don't know how you're going to do a scary otherworld, the regular england is terrifying enough). i think the images were from that last one, but the one of the face with messages underneath that said 'minger' made me laugh lol

i'm not super keen on bloober team remaking sh2. layers of fear is 'p.t. but change a few words', observer was 'blade runner but change a few words' from what i heard, seen mixed reactions to blair witch. i did watch a playthrough of the medium but i wasn't blown away. it had some nice art design but how much of that was aping zdzislaw beksinski's paintings. the whole split screen thing seems interesting at first but idk how much it really adds when it's constantly there (plus having it on during cutscene just means that while stuff is happening the spirit world, you have the real world taking up half/a third of the screen and the main character is just... talking to no one and reacting to stuff that isn't there). wasn't a big fan of the writing and the implications of it, or having the player character constantly interjecting with remarks and comments. the quiet and isolation helped make the atmosphere for me. i don't really want to play a sh2 where james is constantly spouting one-liners to himself about everything he sees, just walking around like "door's locked, i can't get in" "it's broken, no getting in here" "someone should call a locksmith to sort this place out"

in fact, how about just make the original playable on modern consoles you absolute melons konami

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I hear a lot about SH2, that it's a masterpiece, etc. The games look way too creepy for me, though....but the music I have heard is really good.

Top Bottom