What annoys you most as a fan of ff7?

Or Square could make a new movie that did that. They don't have to keep saving the world from Jenova. There are other plots. Saving just one life would be equally dramatic.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
They should put more into the other characters in that movie as well. It pissed me off that Nanaki only had two or three lines. They should have put more back information in. Not leading up to the obvious battle with Sephiroth.
Where did Reno and Rude go? What happened to Rufus Shinra? How the fuck did Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo come into play. I agree with most that the movie did have numerous plot holes.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
It pissed me off that Nanaki only had two or three lines. They should have put more back information in.
Ditto this: especially as the Reunion Files revealed that Nanaki was originally due to enter the film at the same time as Vincent. But they thought the story line was complex/confusing enough at that point. -_-

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
They should put more into the other characters in that movie as well. It pissed me off that Nanaki only had two or three lines. They should have put more back information in. Not leading up to the obvious battle with Sephiroth.
Where did Reno and Rude go? What happened to Rufus Shinra? How the fuck did Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo come into play. I agree with most that the movie did have numerous plot holes.

That was the reason they should have made "In the way to a smile" a movie, or maybe a series.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Square Enix made a lot of screw ups with this whole series. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to capitalize on the eventual profits with this deal. They have a huge fan base, many loved and hated characters, and the thing they do the most is screw the fan base out of what they want to hear. They want to see what happened too Cloud following the battle with Sephiroth.
Personally I want to know more about Shinra and the Turks in how they recovered from the fiasco. There are a lot of unanswered questions and the more they come out with the compilation the more confusing it gets. There seems to be differences in the plots of other games then what you hear about in Final Fantasy 7

Personally I want to know more about Shinra and the Turks in how they recovered from the fiasco. There are a lot of unanswered questions and the more they come out with the compilation the more confusing it gets. There seems to be differences in the plots of other games then what you hear about in Final Fantasy 7

Actually, so do I. There really are a lot of things left unanswered.

One of my friends thinks that Rufus and the rest of the Turks deserves to be pittied. I mean seriously, why would they even think that? If it wasn't for Shinra, FFVII would be pointless, and just another plot-less RPG. But, whether they are actually good, or just plain evil, I don't know. They did start the whole thing with Sephiroth, but, in the end, it was Shinra that helped stop him.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The fact that i didn't join this site early enough to participate in the Definite and Absolute Tier List topic.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
How whenever a decent discussion starts it either becomes a canon debate or it derails into six pages of Spiderman wankery.

What was the Absolute Tier List?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
How whenever a decent discussion starts it either becomes a canon debate or it derails into six pages of Spiderman wankery.
Ah, this. Well, except the Spiderman wankery. That bit's new.

Canon is all well and good, but there's always a place for questions like "what if" and "why not". Such questions are the basis of creative thinking, and creative thinking is the basis of fandom (as well as such things as science, religion, and the better forms of popular entertainment...).

It's unusual for people to like a game or series in of itself: what pulls us in is imagining what it would be like to live in the world presented to us, and seeing aspects of our personality - or aspects we'd like to be part of our personality - reflected in certain characters.

Cloud89

Dias Flec's Sword Cleaner
What annoys me most about FF is the all the extra games/tidbits which have been added on, devaluing the series a little bit.

I did enjoy Crisis Core but really, I would of just been happy with Advent Children and a FF7 remake for a next gen - none of this mobile game crap, DOC or more storyline/character development bullshit in Dissidia, KH & CC to a certain extent.

Also I hate FF fans that call this game overrated. It's a god-damn masterpiece.

Right now, what annoys me most is that FFVII's programming is at times needlessly complicated. The more you look into it the worse it gets.

Seriously, why isn't the stat growth of each level-up fixed for each playthrough? Why all these random number generators?
Not to mention the Fort Condor, which I've been researching lately... This minigame is easy, but the mechanics behind how and when a new battle is triggered is another needlessly complicated matter. >_>
I may share these discoveries later.

Last edited:
What annoys me most about FF is the all the extra games/tidbits which have been added on, devaluing the series a little bit.

I did enjoy Crisis Core but really, I would of just been happy with Advent Children and a FF7 remake for a next gen - none of this mobile game crap, DOC or more storyline/character development bullshit in Dissidia, KH & CC to a certain extent.

Also I hate FF fans that call this game overrated. It's a god-damn masterpiece.

Do you have any idea as to how right you are? I've heard people call this a piece of bullshit. Yeah, the graphics are not the best, but, they were really excellent for that time when the game came out. That's all that matters. It was a hit when it came out, and it'll always be a classic.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This has been said before, but what really peeves me about fandom in general -- particularly FFVII -- is that people see pairings in contrast to one another. Example: Cloti and Clerith. The assumption that I must pick an OTP to love, and I must hate the idea of the other (canon or not) gets me riled up. :(

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The fact that some people are too stuck up on the canon to you know, actually have fun in the fandom. Fandom isn't rly about canon y'know. *applies to basically any fandom I've been in tbh.

Top Bottom