What annoys you most as a fan of ff7?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I don't know where to start.

All of fandom's myriad hang-ups that prevent fans from having worthwhile discussions.

I remember discussing a similar subject with you way back on ACF.

That was you right? Memory doesn't serve as well as I wish.

Josh Kitsune

Lord of Foxes
AKA
Josh Strife, Black Kyuubi, White Kyuubi
GOD!!! You guys have given me a headache from laughing so hard at what you are saying. Comedy Gold!

Well I would have to say that people who are ignorant of FFVII lovers and say that they have played it, but haven't and then bag you out. Pisses. Me. OFF!

Some of the pairings that are cooked up are just nasty! But I got a good crossover pairing. How bout Vincent and Kurenai from Naruto? Heh? Yes? No? Maybe?

Ok, what else...
...Nah, got nothing.

EX_SOLDIER

EX_SOLDIER
I'd say the most annoying thing I find as an avid FFVII fan would be the fact that it takes so damn long for any more compilations to be released or even be announced for that matter. I'm a huge fan and love the storyline. However, they went way off with DOC granted it was good. But I'm ready to find out what's going to happen with Cloud, Genesis, Weiss, or even the ties b/w Tifa and Cloud. It's like watching a movie without a proper ending and never getting a sequel. WTF???

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Or how about any of the compilation titles actually answering their own questions instead of being like single episodes of Lost that come out every two years..?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The thing that's annoying me is the release of useless pap only distantly related to the compilation.

Cologne? Candles?

Whatever SE are smoking instead of making games, I want some.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Japweed scented and treated with the sweat and semen of real men, smoked from a pipe made from the bones of a virgin fangirl that sacrificed herself on the shrine of Seffiros at SE's HQ, except on tuesdays, because they just chew it on tuesdays, hacking green-with-white-bits phlegm at the gathering of begging and worshipping fans down on the streets below doing their daily rituals.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
The thing that's annoying me is the release of useless pap only distantly related to the compilation.

Cologne? Candles?

Whatever SE are smoking instead of making games, I want some.
I agree. Shit just remake the fucking game.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Japweed scented and treated with the sweat and semen of real men, smoked from a pipe made from the bones of a virgin fangirl that sacrificed herself on the shrine of Seffiros at SE's HQ, except on tuesdays, because they just chew it on tuesdays, hacking green-with-white-bits phlegm at the gathering of begging and worshipping fans down on the streets below doing their daily rituals.
And somehow, I don't find this that hard to believe.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
People who claim to be fans, only to ask you to use numbers instead of numerals to refer to the game. Because Roman numerals (or, as a few have said, "crazy Japanese numbers", which made me cry) confuse them.

IT'S WHAT'S ON THE BOX

Compilation haters who try to force their views on others. I respect their right to hate it, but I object to being told that I should hate it too.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Don't hate the game (the Compilation), hate the player (Square-Enix) :P

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I hate Genesis. Or...Gackt...or well pretty much that and the fact they keep altering graphics in the game (ex. Buster Sword)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Wouldn't it be better not to hate the fanboys, but the idiotic compilation entries? That would better suit the player/game metaphor...

Is your parade soaked yet?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
People who claim to be fans, only to ask you to use numbers instead of numerals to refer to the game. Because Roman numerals (or, as a few have said, "crazy Japanese numbers", which made me cry) confuse them.

Lawl ignorance. Don't kids get things like that in elementary school anymore?

Wouldn't it be better not to hate the fanboys, but the idiotic compilation entries? That would better suit the player/game metaphor...

Is your parade soaked yet?

Nah, I have a big umbrella.
Did you think that was aimed at you? I hope not. You articulate your views so persuasively that sometimes you almost sway me, but I've never felt you were aggressive.

EX_SOLDIER

EX_SOLDIER
I've read some of you state that they should just remake the damn game. That would be good, however it wouldn't really play any significance as far as progressing the story at all. I would buy it just for the better graphics and because I fancy myself a collector and all, but what I really want is another sequel that's going to take place after DOC. And sure we all got a little more in depth with Vincent and everything but let's not forget that the story really revolves around Cloud, Sephiroth, and maybe now Genesis since he is still alive. But Cloud owns all other characters right now and I'm sure he always will. I think maybe including the other characters in the main battle would enhance another movie or at least another game. But once again the one thing pissing me off is a lack of progress. I mean, if FFVII is the most beloved like they claim it is, why not focus on it instead of making a XIII or whatever? I'm not even relatively interested in FFXIII whatsoever.

Pucca_ness

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
On ACF I was Pucca_Girl_VII
As with alot of poeple...

I have to say that the most annoying thing to me is how since ACs release there's been a huge influx of fans who have never played the game, yet pretend they know everything about it. These people then go around with banners and avatars, saying how awesome it is and how it's the best thing ever. They are irritating not only people who do not like the game but also fans who have loved the game for years and it's these fans that slated by the haters.

I have to agree with the man above me however i have not played CC or completed DC or any of the other compilation games so Genesis bares little importance to me.

Yes SE should give up on trying to milk the series and concentrate on making a good FF as they have been on a slippery slope for a while now.

Top Bottom