What annoys you most as a fan of ff7?

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
If Shelke didn't have the body of a 9-year old, I might accept that reasoning, but even then, probably not.

Yuffie & Vincent are both original characters. That means they had far more time to establish a connection, one that would be more believable than "you have (or possibly had) some digital memories of someone I once knew," at that. Because they were optional, they were both sort of once removed from the circle of friends. Thus, it would make sense that they would associate.

Dirge of Cerberus seems to back up that line of reasoning because, whenever Yuffie & Vincent do interact, they seem to be quite friendly, even compared to other party members.

Also, Yuffie is 19. So we don't cross into disturbing territory.

Lastly, before the proverbial shit hit the fan, Lucretia was pretty cheerful & impulsive, herself. Not to the degree that Yuffie is, but I can certainly see Yuffie as being a personality type that Vincent would be drawn to.

The only real problem is that Yuffie ages & Vincent doesn't.

All of that aside, who's to say Vincent isn't asexual now? He was turned into a science fair experiment & slept in a coffin for years. At the very least, he certainly seems much less interactive than he was back then.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I like it quite a lot, myself.

And, "realistically" speaking, it makes infinitely more sense than YuffiexVin! Shelke and Vincent are both fucked up, tortured people, so they can relate.

Add on top of it Lucrecia's feelings residing within Shelke and mixing with her own, plus her capacity thereby to remind Vincent of Lucrecia, and you have a late-night "Can I come over?" call waiting to turn into a "You up for IHOP for breakfast?" incident.
Except, you know, she's physically nine.
577px-Pedobear_17.jpg

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Did anyone else just picture that, but Pedobear had a red cape & a metal arm?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'd disagree that Yuffie and Vincent seem to be more associative with one another than with the rest of the team. I'd peg Yuffie as the team's social butterfly, while Vincent is its self-chosen black sheep.

Certainly they do get along alright, but not really any better than Yuffie seems to get along with anyone else on the team.

As for personalities, I can see Yuffie as being somewhat similar to Lucrecia, but Dirge as-written includes the point that Shelke reminds Vincent of Lucrecia. For instance, there's this scene:

Shelke: You're late.
Vincent: Sorry about that.
[An image of Lucrecia appears above Shelke]
Shelke: Not that I mind, though.
Vincent: She... She was always like that.

She even gets him to smile when she says it again in the ending. The point has definitely been made that Shelke's the one who reminds him of Lucrecia.

And as far as ages go, Shelke's the same age as Yuffie.

Did anyone else just picture that, but Pedobear had a red cape & a metal arm?

I am now.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
If you're shipping Vincent/Shelke you may as well go ahead and ship Cloud/Denzel or Cloud/Marlene. At least, that's the sort of relationship I got from them (symbol of atonement yadda yadda).

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
If Vince really was a pedo, wouldn't Shelke be like a dream come true? Technically 19, physically 9, and so on?

Still creepy as hell, but she is an adult... I guess. And Vincent is weird as hell.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
I read a Cloud/Denzel fanfiction once.

I cried a little inside.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Something that is starting to annoy me is this bullshit about a remake.

Square-Enix:

"We won't do it now."

"Maybe later."

"We are tinking about it..."

"Sorry, but we have other projects in our hands right now."

"Hey guys, remember that talk about remaking FFVII? Yeah... We won't let you forget it."

"A remake would be too hard to do... But do you guys want it? Hm? Hm?" *nudge* *wink*

<<

>>

"REMAKE!!!" *runs away*

Square-Enix... We are stopping caring. Just do it, or shut up.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Oh well, I've seen worse ficts. The problem is what you mention in the end, plus the fact that some people take as canon what they read in a fanfict and liked.
*nods* So have I... Yuffie x Red, graphic sex. :doh:

DEAR GODS PEOPLE, PUT UP WARNINGS WHEN YOU'RE GONNA PULL SHIT LIKE THAT!!!

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
^ That made me want to cry TT^TT (No, really, tears came to my eyes as I cringed). At least people could put a goddamn warning about their personal weirdness fetishes.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
That's hot.If it is the way I imagine.:awesome:
I'm imagining him sticking his dick in the tailpipe.

Course, IDK what you're imagining or if that's hot to you. :monster:

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
I disagree that VII's combat was the weakest of the series. Its main problem was that, at a certain point, the game became totally broken in your favor. As was stated earlier, that's more of a problem with implementation than the actual system.

I would definitely not want X's, either. I really liked X's, but I just don't see it working in this case. "Hey, let's completely revamp VII! New graphics, new content, the works!" "Great! What about the battle system?" "Modified turn based system!" "...Really?"

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Think that this has already been said, but people who have only watched AC/ACC and refuse to play the actual game, but they seem to believe that they know everything about Cloud's personality, like they act like FF7 experts and yet they won't even touch the original game because it has 'bad graphics '. Boo to them. >_>

Turk 0

Just a Fool
AKA
iNSOMNiAC013 [Somni], Vin/Vince/Vincent, Reno.
Think that this has already been said, but people who have only watched AC/ACC and refuse to play the actual game, but they seem to believe that they know everything about Cloud's personality, like they act like FF7 experts and yet they won't even touch the original game because it has 'bad graphics '. Boo to them. >_>

Guuuuh, this.

I hate getting into arguments with poor roleplayers over this.

"Uhm. Cloud had more depth than that, really. He can be pretty happy at times--"

"Nuh-uh! Not in AC!"

"...But in FFVII---"

"Ew, I dun like FFVII."

"... /rage"

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
That's because most role players are retarded.

cloud walked into the room his hair blowing the breeze. no one understood him and he was a badass and a loner oh and also cooler than everyone else

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
That sounds like one of those uber-lame fics people write where they insert either themselves of an "original character" that is essentially an avatar of themselves, and become best friends/lovers with the character. I've never read such a fic past the point where this aspect is revealed, but even that is enough to declare instant fail.

Crimson Wolf

Ferfnir
AKA
SSBMaster and Blue Wolf are my other two names I've gone by mainly.
What bugs me as a fan of Final Fantasy VII is that my favourite character right from the original game, Nanaki, how SE has always kept ignoring him, he had one line through the whole Advent Children movie, seven words: "There are still children with the stigma."

And he only appears in Dirge of Cerberus for literally a few seconds during the ending, their all too lazy to put a lot of time into animating his fur, it really is frustrating, he always just gets shoved aside because having him in something with decent graphics at all is just too much trouble for them, they avoid it. >_>

Anyways, that's it for that particular rant, but it's been bothering me for years. xP

Top Bottom