What are you listening to?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Moon soundtrack, Clint Mansell

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Ulcerate - The Earth at Its Knees

Tony, if you haven't listened to this yet you should. Amazing brutal/tech death and they're from New Zealand. Band shares membership with 8 Foot Sativa as well.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Albanian

Dear Godspeed,

Please to be recording this song and Gamelan. Fuck, this performance is so epic.

Love,

Aaron

Also wtf is with everyone else not posting again. I shouldn't have to triple-post like this :(

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's due to shit music I really should delete and not bother with for a couple of years, :monster:. I found myself skip through everything on my 'pod twice today because everything was shit.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
sux. Find better music, like moar Godspeed. Speaking of:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep

I'm not entirely certain what the winner of my ongoing "Greatest Song of All Time" competition is going to be, but I'm pretty certain it's going to be a Godspeed song. Right now I'm leaning towards this one, but it's probably 'cause I'm listening to it. Other strong contenders are "Providence," "Moya," "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III", "Motherfucker=Redeemer," "Steve Reich," "Gamelan," and "Albanian," but really, I might as well just list all their songs period, because they pretty much all are. A few A Silver Mt. Zion songs might creep on the contenders list as well since ASMZ is basically just Godspeed with vocals.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Trawling through classic rock on YouTube, :awesome:

Whole playlist of Bad Company.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Ready, from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya OST

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Gorguts - new MySpace sample track

New album will be the best of the year. I can tell from the pixels. According to their blog it will probably be out this summer. Pretty sure I haven't anticipated an album this much for awhile.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Moonsorrow - Tähdetön

It's good, falls within expectations, but doesn't really do anything new at first half-arsed listen. Am not blown away, yet.

This is a regular 320 kbps version btw, the clip fix The Man sent me takes forever to download, :monster:.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Now I've got you in my siiiiights

With a GOOOLDEN-AAAAAAAEYE

So much cheese in those older movies

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Portal - Sourlows

@yop you should listen to my version, it's encoded with a better codec (mp4 > mp3 even at somewhat smaller bitrates and especially when encoded with a two-pass encoder as mine was) and doesn't have shitty volume compression

Username

Banned
Hey V,

Just wanna say that for once (first time) I listened to your music on youtube (through earphone top volume :) ), the portal or whatever. And as much as this is not my thing, I stayed with it, and listened to most of it. Was quite intense, made me feel pretty intimidated, I haven't been exposed to music like this much.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Rush- La Villa Strangiato, i love alex's slow start but neils drums are what really make this song a piece of art. For those of you who know rush you know what i mean.
I could listen to this (or any song on the hemispheres album for that matter) all day long.

But none the less im not, because Rush's limelight is up next lol.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Hey V,

Just wanna say that for once (first time) I listened to your music on youtube (through earphone top volume :) ), the portal or whatever. And as much as this is not my thing, I stayed with it, and listened to most of it. Was quite intense, made me feel pretty intimidated, I haven't been exposed to music like this much.
That's pretty much the intention :monster: It's an acquired taste; the more you listen to it the less strange it'll seem, although it's still pretty damn strange even after ~20 listens. I often put it on when I'm in the mood for Lovecraftian horror. Or when I'm in an abysmally shitty mood, because my mood will never be as dark as their music.

Portal - Werships

Top Bottom