What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Finsterforst - Urquell

This is another one of those bands I need to stop forgetting about. You’d think that since ...zum Tode hin was one of my favourite albums of 2009 I’d remember it more often, but apparently not. According to last.fm I only have 159 plays of them.

also the transition from the end of A Forest of Stars’ first album was almost perfect, even though they play pretty different styles of metal.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Fen - As Buried Spirits Stir

sounds so much better since I removed the clipping

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Nechochwen - Winterstrife

I’d never heard of this artist before checking out this compilation (Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer, which I obtained because it contained new songs by Fen, Oskoreien, and Agalloch), but apparently I should have. This is pretty great. The guitar work is really good.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That emoticon is an appropriate description of Electric Wizard’s music. Why the fuck don’t I have any on my iPod? Clearly needs to be remedied at the soonest available opportunity.

Empyrium - The Days Before the Fall

Goddamn, glad they’re back

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
so I’d have to recommend the entire Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings compilation as well; lots of artists there I need to investigate further

Alcest - Elévation

goddamn, why the fuck have I been neglecting them and Amesoeurs, seriously

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bloodbath - Ominous Bloodvomit

Good live album, :monster:. Also,
bellacut2shrunkcopy.jpg

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sonic Youth - Eric’s Trip

again, why the fuck have I been neglecting them, goddamn

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Aaron Freed - The Eye of the Storm

got nostalgic for some of my own compositions; anyone interested can check them out here. I should work on them some more.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Black Rose, by Thin Lizzy.

Only found out about this song through wikipedia's Cuchulainn page. XD Seven minutes long, all about legends and folklore.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
damn, I've been neglecting Cult of Luna lately. I'll have to give their stuff a listen tomorrow.

Nasum - Darkness Falls

I'm getting really addicted to grindcore lately. Nasum was undoubtedly one of the best artists in the genre. It sucks that the vocalist died. :(

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ulver - England

New album sounds really good and I'm almost certainly going to order it on vinyl. It's probably their most prog-influenced work, although Blood Inside, Perdition City, and maybe the Blake album might give it a run for its money. PM me if you want a link, or just check Fool's Gold while logged in.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ulver - Stone Angels

Strangely the longest song the album is actually pretty ambient. But that's to be expected with Ulver I think; they rarely do what's expected, unless what's expected is doing something quite a bit different from everything they've done previously. Lots of post-rock influence on this album as well; I doubt it's a coincidence that the third song on the album shares a name with songs by both King Crimson and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Top Bottom