What are you listening to?

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
panic at the disco -- a fever you can't sweat out

the whole fucking album

it's one of my favorite albums and god dammit why don't they sound anything like this anymore what the fuck happened

i can't put my finger on what's different but i just can't stand any of panic's new music, even their newest album sounds incredibly eh

also don't judge me, old panic at the disco is my guilty musical pleasure

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Fell Voices - Untitled II (To You I Call, That I Better Know My Solitude)

the latter isn't a song title but a lot of people assume it is because there are two sentences printed on the back of the LP cover that look like song titles so i've listed it for disambiguation (they have three other untitled songs as well). this is awesome weakling-ish black metal with quite a bit of drone influence that manges to go on for entire LP sides per track without being boring. also they often end albums with piano codas that are just fucking gorgeous and haunting, as in this song.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
A playlist of Thunderstorm Sounds I made on youtube. They're all either holophonic/binaural or recorded & remastered sound footage of storms. I seriously love it and I go to sleep to it xD. Sometimes if I leave it on long enough, I forget it's on youtube and it starts to sound like it's an actual storm xD. Works best with headphones too.

~ Raz

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ash Borer - Tour Rehearsal Demo Track 2

Unusual for a black metal band to do a ten minute instrumental, but I'm pretty sure there are no vocals in this track at all. I don't remember any vocals in the first track on this demo either, but I'm pretty sure they rerecorded it for their new album with vocals. The fact that I'm not sure even though I've listened to this demo >50 times and the new album ten times shows you how much attention I pay to black metal vocals. I kind of wish this track had been rerecorded because for some reason the demo version is pretty badly clipped.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Cynic - The Space For This

Dear Everyone,

Please make more music like this, it pleases me.

Regards,

A fan.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
R. U. Dead? - Profession of Faith

Ridiculous band name, but they released some pretty great prog/tech death metal.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up

New album later this year apparently. About fucking time.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The Sucker Punch soundtrack.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Seidr - The Night Sky and the Wild Hunt

No idea why this didn't make much of an impact on me the first time I listened to it; this is great. I probably just didn't appreciate doom enough.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I was sort of expecting some of these tracks from the Tron: Legacy soundtrack to be a little longer ;-;

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Grey Day
Madness

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

"At this very moment on stage we have drummer A playing in 7/8, drummer B playing in 3/4, the bass playing in 3/4, the organ playing in 5/8, the tambourine playing in 3/4, and the alto sax blowing his nose"

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That Zappa quote is epic :monster:

maudlin of the Well - Clover Garland Island

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Talk Talk - Wealth

Ok so I don't know why I didn't listen to these guys sooner; this stuff is amazing :monster: Though if you don't like post-rock you probably won't be particularly interested by it :monster:

Top Bottom