What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Bark Psychosis - Fingerspit

jesus fuck, where has this album been all my life and why didn't I hear about it back in 1994 when it came out

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Jeff Buckley - Eternal Life

god DAMN why the fuck did he have to die so young. There's no fucking justice.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Calling, Leah (The World Ends With You soundtrack)

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Peter Gabriel - Here Comes the Flood

Christ, what a song. If I were objectively to rank the songs that have had the biggest effect on me throughout my life this would easily make the top 50, probably the top 10.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Heaven in Her Arms - 翡翠葛 [Jade Vine]

I didn't see the connection between screamo and metal before. This album has singlehandedly rectified that and I'm not even halfway through it yet. Nice GY!BE influence as well.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Fall of Efrafa - Pity the Weak

Another one of those groups I'm kicking myself for not listening to sooner. Especially since I'll never get to see them live barring the remote chance that they reunite and tour again.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Radiohead - There There (The Boney King of Nowhere)

The perfect soundtrack for your own private existential crisis. I wish I could train my mind to be more rational.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Gravity, Maaya Sakamoto (Wolf's Rain ending theme)

Also known as my lullaby, after the number of times I've listened to this song as the last thing I do before going to sleep.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Talk Talk - Desire

This is so fucking classic. I feel like an idiot for not listening to them sooner, especially given my love of post-rock.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Talk Talk - Desire

Again. This may be my favourite track of theirs, but it's too early to tell.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Assück - Sacrificial Worship in a Church of the Altar of Shit

great song title :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sleepwalker - I

No official title for any of this band's songs, so people just refer to the songs by numbers. This is spellbinding stuff from start to finish, one of the few "black metal/post-rock" groups that actually draws influence from and clearly understands both genres. Then again, that shouldn't be surprising, since this is the solo project of the drummer of Fell Voices. I woke up with this stuck in my head and was not at all disappointed at that fact since it's a stellar demo, as is their second one. And it gets better with each listen.

Top Bottom