What are you listening to?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Cyclone B - Prayer

Sometimes I just like hard, regular and predictable bass sequences at a steady rythm, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Falls of Rauros - [The Light That Dwells in Rotten Wood #03] Awaiting the Fire or Flood That Awakes It

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Metallica - [Metallica #01] Enter Sandman

this vinyl rip sounds pretty good, glad I dled it. I am tempted to delete the Death Magnetic 5LP rip I downloaded though, not because of the rip itself but because of the mix. Heinous. Utterly atrociously awful. Who the fuck would clip an album that much, use the same mix for the vinyl, and then charge $130 for it? Metallica and Rick Rubin would, that's who. Glad I pirated it.

edit: actually it turns out it might not be exactly the same mix but it's still atrociously clipped and no self-respecting engineer would want their name attached to that piece of swill. And predictably, Ted Jensen has disowned it. Which says a lot, since his records have been pretty damn brickwalled in their own right.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Hammers Of Misfortune - Sacrifice The End

It takes balls to play Progressive/Folk/Trad Heavy/Doom Metal and have some Black Metal influences aswell. Excellent band.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Amesoeurs - Au Crépuscule de Nos Rêves

I like how they somehow manage to mingle the soothing and pleasant sounds of post-rock / metal / pop music (?) with a screaming chick and fingers-on-blackboard noise, :monster:.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Fates Warning - Guardian

Old Fates Warning is pretty much the best prog Metal ever. I'm curious about the Arch/Matheos project.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Krallice - Wretched Wisdom

The fact I haven't listened to their latest album either means it's shit or I have no taste.

Top Bottom