What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Lunar Aurora - Geisterschiff

Haven't listened to Andacht for more than two years. Not one of their strongest albums.... But very enjoyable like all their works. (okay, Mond is kind of boring)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Andacht is pretty great but my favourite Lunar Aurora albums are Zyklus and Hoagascht. I need to listen more to their earlier stuff though. The split with Paysage d'Hiver is also pretty great.

Fell Voices - [Fell Voices #01] Theobromo [16:42]

I don't know if it is even physically possible for me to get sick of this group or Ash Borer.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
The split with Paysage is my favourite, closely followed by Zyklus. I'd probably rate the albums from them like this, Zyklus - Ars Moriendi - Elixir Of Sorrow - Hoagascht - Andacht - Seelenfeuer - Of Stargates And Celestial Spheres - Weltenganger - Mond

Inquisition - Ancient Monumental War Hymn

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Afghamistam
Botch

These guys really went out on a high note. An Anthology Of Dead Ends and The Unifying Themes of Sex, Death, and Religion are fucking amazing.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Michael Jackson [Bad] - Dirty Diana

I loved this man despite all his weird problems. Too bad I never got to see him on concert :(

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
The Whip Hand
The Mars Volta

surprised the longest song on this album is only 7mins long. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Thy Catafalque - Kel keleti szél

No clue what this language is. The music is quite nice though, :monster:. Or well, on this album; I remember the name, and based on the fact it's not in my library anymore I didn't like it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Vattnet Viskar - [Demo 2011 #02] Vattnet Viskar [8:23]

This is p. great, glad I heard about these guys yesterday.

surprised the longest song on this album is only 7mins long. :monster:

It's not like the longest song on Octahedron was much longer :monster: That said several of the songs on Noctourniquet are kind of like individual movements of longer suites, or at least that's the impression I get after having listened to the record like four times. (Now that FLAC is out and I've clip fixed it, by the way, I like it a lot more).

Mwynn

Tenderness
Listening to

Liam O'Brien's interview with FF Union. : D

One of the interviewer laughs a lot, it's annoying.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Vattnet Viskar - [Demo 2011 #02] Vattnet Viskar [8:23]

This is p. great, glad I heard about these guys yesterday.

It's not like the longest song on Octahedron was much longer :monster: That said several of the songs on Noctourniquet are kind of like individual movements of longer suites, or at least that's the impression I get after having listened to the record like four times. (Now that FLAC is out and I've clip fixed it, by the way, I like it a lot more).

Oh I actually don't have Octahedron either. :monster:

Ghost X

Listening to a lot of prog rock of late. In no specific order:

- Van Der Graaf Generator
- Yes
- Jethro Tull
- Camel
- Mike Oldfield
- King Crimson
1. Pink Floyd.

:awesome:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Listening to a lot of prog rock of late. In no specific order:

- Van Der Graaf Generator
- Yes
- Jethro Tull
- Camel
- Mike Oldfield
- King Crimson
1. Pink Floyd.

:awesome:

All of those are awesome artists. I definitely need to listen to Camel a lot more.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Excellent prog choices. Don't miss out on Gentle Giant, imo. ;)

Bolt Thrower - Profane Creation

Never get tired of classic 'Thrower.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Excellent prog choices. Don't miss out on Gentle Giant, imo. ;)
I would also add Genesis, Magma, Univers Zero, and Henry Cow to the list.

maudlin of the Well - [Part the Second #04] Clover Garland Island [8:14]

This is also excellent prog, and it's available for free (or a donation) from the band's website. I'm going to have to re-rip a very brief section of the first track because the cable came loose for a second and there was a very noticeable hum. Annoying.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
If you go on the diverse spectrum of prog, don't forget Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Can, Amon Duul II, Neu!, Ash Ra Tempel, The Residents, Premiata Forneria Marconi, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Caravan, Soft Machine, Hatfield And The North, Comus, Spirogyra, Jan Dukes de Grey, Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze :monster:

Razor - Roadgunner

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah if I really thought about it I'm sure I could think of dozens more acts that should be on the list as well :monster: Änglagård and Anekdoten are two obvious ones from the '90s and beyond :monster: Plus don't forget Godspeed You! Black Emperor, even if they're more post-rock than prog :monster:

maudlin of the Well - [Part the Second #05] Laboratories of the Invisible World (Rollerskating the Cosmic Palmistric Postborder) [11:39]

Top Bottom