What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Murray Gold - [Doctor Who: Series 3 #01] All the Strange, Strange Creatures [4:08]

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
N.W.A. - Real Niggaz Don't Die

The fact that this album is still highly offensive to most is a testament to it's greatness.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Simon & Garfunkel - [Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme #01] Scarborough Fair/Canticle [3:14]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Joy Division - [Heart and Soul CD2 #03] Atmosphere [4:11]

Possibly the best song the band ever recorded. Peter Hook himself thinks so, and I can't really blame him. For me it's between this, "The Eternal", "Decades", and maybe "Dead Souls" or the other two songs on the B-side of Closer.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I've been listening to the Final Fantasy Type-0 soundtrack, and while there are some absolutely rip-roaring themes present, they're only a handful out of an incredible amount of mediocrity. Takeharu Ishimoto has this awful, awful habit of using the most artificial-sounding synth-orchestral instruments and putting a generic beat over the top. It becomes even more apparent when he seems to use more natural-sounding, live samples for his main themes.

While I don't expect every track in a Final Fantasy soundtrack to be the most memorable or thematic, there's a level of ambience throughout all of Ishimoto's soundtracks from Last Order to Dissidia to this that makes the majority of his work largely forgettable. The main theme for Type-0 is absolutely fantastic imo. Choir vocals with natural inflection and dramatic range that beats even some of Uematsu's choral work make for a great motif that occurs in many of the lesser tracks.

But for me it's a huge shame that it simply makes a lot of the later tracks sound merely average in comparison. Ishimoto has great talent, but he ends up producing a lot of filler.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
They are pretty good; I should listen to them more

Joy Division - [Heart and Soul CD4 #01] Dead Souls (Live) [4:16]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Blut aus Nord - [777 - Cosmosophy #04] Epitome XVII [9:28]

Rules as expected. Naturally, the trilogy sounds best when listened in order.

Top Bottom